Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Oct 14, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Week 11

Adavanced to Week 11. Some really critical matchups this week to determine the Conference Championship matchups. I think there are 3 usergames, so lets try to be done by Friday if possible.

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

LSU vs Bama is a huge one. If LSU can get the W it sets up an SEC West showdown/Winner take all between LSU and Ole Miss.

No pressure for them Tigers!

3. lilmaggie

In the ACC, if FSU wins they will go to the championship game. If they lose, and Maryland can beat Miami, Maryland will go. Big Week.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

With VT's victory over Miami last week, they're headed to the championship game unless they somehow manage to slip up against mighty WF and BC (I think). It's going to suck for me to go 7-1 in conference and be on the outside looking in. (n)

It especially sucks when this is the best team I'll have for a few years to come (I joined for the last 2 games last year and had a horrible recruiting class handed to me and I think I have 43 JRs and SRs on this team).

5. lilmaggie

If I were to beat Miami, I will be 7-1 also and not make it to the Championship game. This will also be my best team for a couple of years. I loose some of my defensive studs next year. I will be playing alot of young guys next season.

6. GoGators

I feel your pain Jello. I'm in the same boat. 7-1 but that loss to UGA counts more than the W's. Damn Hova!!! haha.

Waiting on the writeups for this week. A lot of material to work with. Any of you guys need some help with that stuff?

7. GoGators

UF set the offense loose this week playing against the Ole Ball coach and SC 54-30. The Gators racked up 700+ total yards led by the FedEx air and ground attack of Brantley 300+ passing and Chris Rainey 150+ rushing.

Unfortunately the Gators lost Rainey half way through the game and he'll be out 1-2 weeks. This thrusts freshman HB Gillislie into the mix before the coaches maybe wanted.

Demps and Rainey are both on the shelf right now. We need Rainey to have a speedy recovery, otherwise our offense could get really one dimensional.

8. GoGators

Hopefully I don't jinx myself, but has anyone seen the polls this week???

With Texas' loss last week to Ok St, they have fallen out of contention, creating a really interesting scenario for the BCS game. Here's the current BCS rankings:

1) UGA
    2) Utah - they close the season against BYU, TCU, and Notre Dame. Could be 1 loss in there somewhere.
    3) FSU - they already got beat this week by Maryland
    4) UF- could they sneak back into the championship game for a rematch with their hated SEC counterpart???
    5) LSU - a big game vs Ole Miss to determine the SEC West next week

Assuming that Utah loses one game, UF is fully in the BCS picture. That's gotta make it hard for Coach Hova to sleep at night. He's never been a bigger Utah fan than he is right now.

Considering FSU lost and UF gets a crack at them too, LSU/Ole Miss vs UGA in the SEC championship will be a huge decider in the BCS picture.

These next couple weeks will be really interesting. Going to have to keep an eye on those crazy poll voters to see what they decide.

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I have been lazy with my posts recently. I will update my summaries this weekend. But in the meantime:

Hokie nation is very concerned with starting AA RB Darren Evans still injured and expected to be out another 2 weeks. Va Tech is very deep at this position, but Evans will be greatly missed.

But more importantly AA QB Tyrod Taylor is out for 8 weeks with a broken rib. Taylor's college career may well be over. The future of the program is now in RS So Ju Ju Clayton's hands. (I am a huge fan of Clayton. He was one of my students in my Adv PE class 2 years ago.)

10. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

Power Poll

(1) #1 Georgia
    (2) #4 Florida State
    (3) #6 Florida
    (4) #7 LSU
    (5) #8 Maryland
    (6) #12 Virginia Tech
    (7) #13 North Carolina
    (8) #17 Alabama
    (9) #19 Ole Miss
    (10) Miami
    (11) Clemson
    (12) Tennessee

11. bfruchey

bfruchey Walk On

LSU vs. Alabama (W 30-29)

LSU vs. Alabama (W 30-29)

Let me say this first. Alabama's defense is stout. LSU went to the redzone 5 times and only managed 2 TD's and 2 FG's. They tried to run it up the gut with both FB and HB. They tried to run around the D-line. They tried to pass. No holes could be found. LSU was also only 2-9 on 3rd down and 0-1 on 4th down.

Luckily, Jordan Jefferson is a dual threat. You can't ignore his ability to run. Most of his 13 runs came on designed options plays where he was unable to pitch or holes would open up due to the defensive players focusing on the tailbacks, but he also had success when Alabama played back in zone giving him tons of open space to run free. He made them pay with 67 yd and led LSU in rushing as Murphy only has 12 rushes for 2.6 a carry.

At the end of the 3rd quarter, LSU trailed 21-20. At the beginning of the 4th, they made a FG from 32 yd out to go ahead, but that would not last long as Bama scored a TD and added to points on the conversion to put them back ahead 29-23. With 1:10 left in the game LSU scored when Jefferson connected on his second TD pass of the game to take the lead once again. LSU was able to keep Bama out of FG range to seal the victory.