Week 11

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by adross33, Oct 27, 2009.

1. adross33

adross33 Walk On

Week 11

Denver, Colorado

The Denver Bronco's continued their dominance over divisional rival San Diego with a 24-0 week elven victory to even their season record at 5-5.

Correll Buckhalter opened the scoring early in the second quarter with a 5 yard plunge on way to finishing with 59 yards on 21 carries before leaving the game with an undisclosed lower body injury.

Denver's defense once again caused havoc for San Diego's offense and kept back up Billy Volek off balance all night and knocked him out of the game late in the second quarter. The Bronco defense picked up 3 sacks, 2 interceptions and forced 3 fumbles on way to the shut out victory.

"We've made some changes" said newest Bronco Manny Lawson who picked off a limping Volek to snuff out San Diego's only serious scoring change mid way through the third quarter.

Offensively the story continues to be Alex Smith and Josh Morgan who connected for their third scoring strike in two games. "I've got a comfort level with Josh", said Smith after going 21 - 30 for 278 yards with a touchdown and a pair of picks. "I've got to do a better job of eating the football under pressure; I can't afford to pass while being hit. Those lob balls get picked off every time".

Denver now gets set to face the red hot Giants as every game now becomes so important. "I wouldn't put us in "must win" mode", smiled coach Ross after the win. "We've changed our offense, made some adjustments defensively and simply have to do a better job against the run off tackle and we'll be fine. The Giants, Raiders are big games coming up, but teams like the Colts and Eagles can knock you out in a hurry; this is MEGA and every week is tough".