Week 12 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Steamer43, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Advancing

2. Steamer43

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Steamer43 I was gonna have you just edit your last Week 12 thread since they don't like us deleting threads. Let's make that one week 13 and I'll edit the title when the time comes.

4. Steamer43

oh ok that works

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Imma say...

Dirty over Nik.
    Fever still pissed off about being a 1* over steamer.
    Blonde over Kyle.

6. DirtycashDylan

Nik over myself
    Fever
    Blonde over Kyle/CPU

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

DC over Akron
    Steamer
    Blonde

8. DirtycashDylan

I'm in a slump. Lost 2 out of last 3 in LOC-got destroyed by Hotrod and his inferior team and lost to CPU Tennessee.

9. Steamer43

WTF is going on in Florida? Galt lost 45-14 to Miami FL and Crumb lost 50-7 against Marshall... Ouch!

10. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Good Triumphs over Evil, but at what cost?

The Memphis Tigers became bowl eligible with a last-second win in the geographical center of the state of Tennessee, Murfreesboro. The 40 yard field goal with 2 seconds on the clock propelled the Tigers to the 20-17 victory. An emotional Coach Fever was seen screaming at MTSU coach Steamer, "You hurt him! You dirty sonofabitch cocksucking 2 star my ass!" The screams quickly turned to tears as Coach Fever walked back to the locker room to check for himself on the prognosis of Memphis star freshman wideout Justin McKnight. There he was able to see the ruptured spleen himself, and Fever dropped to his knees and sulked at the harsh reality that McKnight is done for the season with Kent State and Akron, the two best teams in the conference, still remaining on the schedule.

The injury overshadows what was a pretty good game for the Tigers, who were without their starting quarterback who was injured in last week's sim-win over Florida International. The game was back and forth, with no team ever able to pull ahead by more than 7 points.

The write-up would be longer, but I'm still sick about losing a QB recruit and losing McKnight for the season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DirtycashDylan

:D

12. DirtycashDylan

Damn, this is almost a full rivalry week.

13. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Steamer43

That's what you get for running 4 verts on 3rd and 20 from your own 5 Full Moon Fever (y). May not be able to cover it but my safety will rupture a fools spleen after it.

My offense was pitiful vs Hammer without my starting RB and got even uglier after my QB went down vs Fever. I get them both back so I'll be at full stength vs you DirtycashDylan (y). Time for this group to put up or shut up to see if they can have a meaningful 9-3 season or fall to 7-5.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Un-fucking-real... this is twice I have played today and twice something screwey has happened with my internet when finishing the game. Each game was a big win, but I'm getting sick of this shit. I got up early to play this morning and it fucked up. Stayed up late tonight to get it in, it fucked up. Now I gotta be up at 5:30 EST, have 7 hours of clinicals and a huge test Thursday. Fuck this noise.

16. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

In my defense, the game jacked up and didn't let me pick my play. My team just lined back up with the same play (a draw that went nowhere) called. So yeah, I just hot routed to the deep pass.

Suck it.

17. Steamer43

You can try super-simming but making sure you get a win.

18. DirtycashDylan

[​IMG]

but I'll have Dri Archer back, too.

19. DirtycashDylan

That's an epic picture of Memphis-Mid Tenn game on dynasty wire, btw. I'm assuming you had to have taken that? Steamer43 sig pic, imo

20. Steamer43

The one of the Memphis player landing on his head? Thanks Haha ya I took that one, it was hard to get that shot too cause the curser doesn't go out of bounds.

21. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

After getting a sim last second loss to Memphis, the CPU decided to continue to laugh in the face of me by literally intercepting 6 passes in the first half against my FIU team. Essentially every time I threw the ball, Marshall would magically be in perfect position to catch the ball from the QB. Honestly, rather depressing. I must have really pissed someone off at EA Sports despite being a "loyal" customer for all this time..

Who wants to start an NHL League instead? :p

22. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I see dirty D and Nik are playin. I think its just Bl0ndeRedHead and jkyle5 left if I'm not mistaken. We lookin at an advance tomorrow?

23. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Wowww... 31 pt 4th for Akron and a last minute FG for the win. I gotta see the writeup for this one.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steamer43

WOW!

25. DirtycashDylan

First time I've ever seen aggressive strip win someone a game.

I was up 24-7 going into the 4th and was preparing to run out the clock somehow vs a 3-4 D. I couldn't. but I got this in the bag. I wasn't even worrying about running the clock down to 0 before snapping the ball. Just running the ball. I knocked in a FG to make it 27-7.

Then came the drag routes. I thought they were slants but he said they were drags, either way, Man or Zone, LBs or DBs, there was no stopping it. (edit: I just went into practice mode and played with them. Absolute money. I'm always hearing about it but hadn't seen it in awhile. I guess I'm gonna have to add it to my offense as it was good for 10 yards every time no matter the coverage.) He takes it down and scores. 27-14. But whatever. 4:30 left, big lead. I try to run again, probably hiking the ball way too fast, and get stuffed, all the while playing conservative carry to thwart the D's obvious strip attempts I've seen practically all game. Punt. Again, can't stop this new passing attack that has been absent all game. The outside receivers are getting open on drags and ins on every play vs any coverage. They get open eventually vs man and they find the holes between zone while my LBers watch. He scores another TD. 27-21 Kent.

I get the ball back and start to mix in some throws as it has become a 1 possession game. I'm determined to have a nice drive and chew out the clock before scoring. I call a designed play to kill zone coverage for a 1st down and the CB comes up and rips the ball out. Akron ball. His new passing game quickly scores to take the lead, 27-28 w 3:24 left. On the ensuing kickoff, the Akron defender runs down my return man and... aggressively rips the ball out of his hands!!!!!! and it's a scoop and score. Akron up 35-27 with 3:16 to go.

4 Akron TDs and 2 successful strips in less than 1:30. Say wha?

I come out and immediately call a deep passing play and throw to the slant trailing underneath between the deep and shallow zones for a quick score and call a HB Draw from a 4 WR set (Yeah, I got balls) for a 2 point conversion. tied at 35 with 3:01 to play.

He is able to drive and get into FG position and knocks one in with :30 left. 38-35 Akron.

I get the ball and try to get into range for a tying FG but, at this point, I'm irate at being in this position and run out of time while being an idiot.

Nice comeback, Nik.