Week 12, 2012

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

What a week guys! In the first user game, Virginia Tech prevailed against Florida State even after everyone picked Florida State to win. Congrats to CJTHA1 for that statement victory, you are definitely making your mark in Season 1. Another big user victory for Fred Limbo and Auburn as well. Things keep rolling this week, as the Buckeyes travel to Madison to take on #2 Wisconsin with the Big Ten Leaders division on the line.

#3 Florida vs. FCS Southeast
    #23 Arkansas @ Mississippi State
    #9 Auburn vs. FCS Southeast
    #1 Virginia Tech @ Boston College
    #12 Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest
    #19 Georgia vs. FCS Southeast
    #7 Michigan vs. #4 Iowa
    #5 Florida State @ Mayrland
    #21 Georgia Tech vs. Duke​
    User Game of the Week: #10 Ohio State @ #2 Wisconsin

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ben

Ben Walk On

Georgia puts a whooping on FCS team!

Screen shot 2012-07-31 at 10.18.43 AM.png

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Hold On, Knock Off #2 Wisconsin

Ohio State prevailed in snow-covered Camp Randall Stadium to knock off the second ranked Badgers 17-10. Heisman hopeful Braxton Miller only threw for 92 yards, but his efficiency won the day. Miller completed 12 of 16 pass attempts, including a 1-yard TD strike to Chris Field on a fourth and goal at the end of the third quarter. The score came after Wisconsin stuffed Ohio State on three consecutive plays from the goal line. Miller's TD pass gave Ohio State a 17-3 lead and deflated Wisconsin.

The Buckeyes benefited from several Wisconsin mistakes. The Badgers committed 4 penalties for 31 yards, including a holding call on a would-be kickoff return just before halftime. Badger QB Danny O'Brien also threw two interceptions.

Next week won't be any easier for OSU as they welcome arch-rival Michigan to the Shoe. A Buckeye win would put them in the conference championship game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ben

Ben Walk On

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

The holding call on the KO return for a would be TD killed me. The inaccurate pass by O'Brien on a fourth and goal from the 8, were the receiver(TE) had to stretch out to make the catch making him fall down inches outside the goalline definitely killed me.

Spayer419 Your D-line was outstanding, just dominated my O-line, I could not get the ground game going at all.

I would expect next years game to be just as close.

7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

The term "too close for comfort" applies to this game as the Hokies were sleep walking thru the majority of the game against the Boston College Eagles. With a little over 6 mins left in the fourth quarter, the Hokies were down 17-7 and their perfect season was on the line. On a huge third down, Logan Thomas connected on a 58 yard touchdown pass to Corey Fuller to pull within 7. Then once again the Va Tech defense came up with a huge play as Antonie Hopkins forced a key fumble then the next play after the fumble, Thomas connects with DJ for the winning touchdown. The VA Tech defense was huge in keeping the game close after the game Coach Ransom said "The defense was the reason we won this game. Once again our D carried and lifted the team to victory". To close out the regular season the Hokies take on in-state rival Virginia in Blacksburg.

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah man a lot of missed opportunities on both sides. My guys dropped a ton of picks, Braxton unexplainably spun on what could have been a long TD run, and he was very inaccurate on the first few drives. Your penalties and that play where the TE almost got in hurt you. At the end of the day it evened out in a game that really could have gone either way.

I thought my dline played fairly well, but your oline held up too. I couldn't generate much of a pass rush and that allowed O'Brien to pick me apart on the final few drives. They definitely stepped up against Ball though and I was thrilled to hold him to less than 50 yards.

It's nerve-wracking yet exciting to know that the OSU-Wisconsin game will likely decide the division every year, and that I will have to beat such a formidable opponent. This is definitely shaping up to be a great rivalry.

Edit: And playing in the snow was very epic

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Yes it was.

Braxton Miller should be a stud next year, not looking forward to having to play him.

10. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well I put up 80 on a FCS team the box score says 87 but thats wrong if you look where it says I scored with 03 left it show players #s instead of names they scored not me not sure what the glitch is anyway sorry that was not my intent, I kicked FG's the whole 2nd half except on one play where I was going to dive down at the 5 I got hit and they knocked him into the endzone that was with 3:06 left... We won rah rah nothing to brag about here​
    ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 31 18.03.jpg ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 31 18.03.jpg

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Especially when lined up next to Hall/McLaurin :D

[​IMG]

12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Dont come up the middle this guy will be there, he eats lunches bigger then both those RBs

k.horton.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haha thats fair, but McLaurin and Hall will do most of their dirty work on the outside and on misdirections....I have a feeling they will leave Mr. Horton in the dust grasping for breath. And when I need a little power, I will still have Carlos Hyde (who has some nice runs today)

14. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

True, looks like your offense is shaping up to have some damn good athletes on it

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

Close call! Way to pull it out in the end though. That defense you have is insane

• Like Like x 1
  16. jandy

jandy Walk On

Michigan knocks off undefeated Iowa, improves to 7-0 in Big Ten play

The Iowa Hawkeyes came to Ann Arbor this Saturday to take on the 7th ranked Wolverines in a battle of unbeatens in the Big Ten. They left the big house following an embarrassing 42-16 loss. With the victory, Michigan claimed their spot in the Big Ten Championship game, whether they beat Ohio State next week or not.

The Wolverines won this one behind their stout defense, which only allowed 3 field goals and a garbage time touchdown. QB Denard Robinson added to his Heisman resume, as he ran for 94 yards and 2 TD on 10 carries. He also completed 4 of 11 passes for 77 yards and a TD. After the game, Robinson said of his performance, "It's not about individual efforts. It's about a team coming together and getting the job done. We did that today, and I'm just glad I could help my team get the victory."

The Wolverines are very proud of their win, but they can't enjoy it too long. It's back to the grind this week for them, as they get ready for their hated rivals, Ohio State.

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

When's everyone else playing? Advancing tomorrow evening at latest.

18. jandy

jandy Walk On

19. jandy

jandy Walk On

Two words: Trick Washington. Since we're posting attributes, I'll give you a reminder :)

Patrick Washington 1.PNG

20. Ben

Ben Walk On

Big game next week for Georgia. The annual GT-Georgia Instate rivalry. When you wanna play when we advance @Rekkapryde

21. Ben

Ben Walk On

22. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

IRISH HANG ON TO BEAT WAKE FOREST IN CLASSIC TRAP GAME

The Fighting Irish took control in the fourth quarter after trailing most of the game to the upset-minded Demon Deacons. The Irish lacked focus, but once again it was the stars who shone and carried Notre Dame to victory.

Cierre Wood contributed to his Heisman candidacy with two scores and 240 all-purpose yards to keep the Irish in the game. Everett Golson scored a TD on the ground for the third game in a row while running for 26 yards on 7 carries. Tommy Rees slung a 49-yard TD strike to Luke Massa to give Notre Dame the lead for good in the fourth
    quarter.

The Irish now prepare to head to LA to take on classic rival USC in what could be a Top-10 showdown. Look for a preview of the game on Thursday.

23. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

Spayer419
    dont know when the scheduled adv is but was wondering if you could wait until i get off at 3:30 cst for i can play my game against maryland and not get simmed

24. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

If you can do this evening at 6pm est, that would be good. If not, then around 1030pm est.

25. Ben

Ben Walk On

that works for me man. text me 309-573-6573