Week 12 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 14, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Rivalry week! Let's get em in! nikpin vs myself , Full Moon Fever vs Steamer43 , TheCrumbIsHere vs johngalt11

Welcome to Week 12!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (3-6) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State lost 51-21 against New Mexico (5-5).
    This week, the Spartans travel to Las Vegas to face the UNLV Rebels (4-5).
    In recruiting news, the following San Jose State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Fred Thomas has committed to San Jose State
    - (***) HB Ray Howell has committed to San Jose State
    - (****) QB Ryan Anderson has committed to San Jose State

=============== #5 Kent State Golden Flashes (9-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 59-17 against Notre Dame (4-6).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Akron to face the Akron Zips (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) P Nick Ford has committed to Kent State
    - (***) RE Shawn Jackson has committed to Kent State

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (7-2) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 52-13 against Western Michigan (3-8).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-9).

=============== Akron Zips (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Akron won 54-23 against Florida Atlantic (3-7).
    This week, the Zips will host #5 Kent State (9-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Shawn Jackson has committed to Kent State
    - (*****) CB Andrew Buchanan has committed to Wisconsin

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (3-7) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic lost 54-23 against Akron (8-1).
    This week, the Owls travel to Miami to face the FIU Golden Panthers (1-9).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RG Randy Golden has committed to Florida Atlantic
    - (**) HB Jason Campbell has committed to Florida Atlantic
    - (**) TE Bryant Harmon has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (1-9) ===============
    Last week, FIU lost 38-14 against Memphis (8-1).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host Florida Atlantic (3-7).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) HB Jason Campbell has committed to Florida Atlantic
    - (**) LE Nicholas Morgan has committed to FIU

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (6-3) ===============
    Last week the Blue Raiders were idle.
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Memphis to face the Memphis Tigers (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Vince Johnson has committed to Alabama

=============== New Mexico Lobos (5-5) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico won 51-21 against San Jose State (3-6).
    This week, the Lobos are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Jason Burke has committed to Maryland

=============== Memphis Tigers (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Memphis won 38-14 against FIU (1-9).
    This week, the Tigers will host Mid Tenn State (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Memphis targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Lance Robinson has committed to Florida
    - (****) QB Brandon Blount has committed to Memphis

2. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

boo, feels like i play too fast and then have to wait out each week to advance, now I have a bye in both my leagues.

[​IMG]

3. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

FAU wins 28-34

Miami, Florida - In one of the most bizarre and turnover filled contests I have played in, Florida Atlantic won today at FIU by the score of 28-34 in OT here at FIU. The game was a 21-20 FIU contest at halftime and remained that way for a large majority of the second half until FAU would score and throw in a 2 point conversion to take a 28-21 lead with about 4:00 left. Then the game went wacky. After a failed FIU possession, FAU would proceed to throw an Interception which was returned to the house to tie the game up at 28-28. Then on the following possession, FAU would move the ball down to the 49 yard line in which the ball was jarred loose and FIU had the ball with about a minute and a half left. FIU then moved into position for the winning FG, when Florida Atlantic then proceeds to knock the ball loose and they run the ball all the way back to the FIU 15 yard line. FAU put themselves in position to win the contest and unfortunately for Galt, the clock decided to cycle all the way down to 0 before he could kick his winning Field Goal. Sending shock waves through my screen.

Overtime begins and I don't think really either one of us knew what to do at that point. The running back manages to fumble the ball away and FIU recovers.. FIU then manages to reluctantly score to end the contest.

I don't know what more to say.. it was a phenomenal, evenly played game.. John won this game and I probably should have just let him win it in double OT. I truly feel awful for John and honestly would have no problem if the score was reset to give him the victory. It was a great game, just an awful way to end it. In all fairness, I don't think the game has really much of a meaning in the grand scheme of things as neither of us had a chance to get to a bowl game, etc..

Great Game Mr. Galt.

4. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Good Game Crumb. I am a dumb ass and now I remember why I don't like putting the clock on conservative... I should be fired. That is 2 in a row for you. I will see you next year.

5. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

That game had too many twists and turns in the last four minutes, it wasn't even funny... I sat here flabbergasted when I saw the coin toss for OT.

6. DirtycashDylan

It's ok to win, Crumb! :)

7. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Middle Tennessee State - 17
    Memphis Tigers - 13

Prominent Freshmen Leads Victory Over Rival Memphis

The arrival of HB Stephon Mack and WR Courtney Graham on campus created pre-season hype for MTSU, but questionable QB performance foretasted a dissapointing season. But with a 6-3 record, the Blue Raiders went into the Liberty Bowl a stole a victory from previously 8-1 rival Memphis. After coach Steamer lost to his in-state rival his first two seasons, it was not expected that he would get his first with the current team, but they pulled it off.

It didn't look good for MTSU early, as Memphis got a field goal in the first, and a 50 yard TD run by Rhodes to open the second quarter. Down 10, MTSU got a spark when QB Will Davis found freshman Stephon Mack who slipped behind a linebacker into the end zone for a wide open 23 yard TD pass. With time winding down in the 2nd quarter, Davis threw a deep ball to Courtney Graham for 52 yards before being knocked out of bounds at the 2 yard line. MTSU was held to a field goal and went into half tied 10-10.

Memphis regained the lead in the third quarter with a field goal, and looked as if it would be enough to get the Tigers the win. Neither team was having success moving the ball. Memphis closed in on MTSU territory looking to increase the lead in the 4th, when linebacker Craig Allen made the read of his life and picked off a pass, and rand through 68 yards of open field for a touchdown to take a 17-13 lead. Memphis would get the ball 3 more times, but could not make up the pick-6. Most notably, in MTSU position, a 3rd and short attempt was brought 10 yards back due to a holding penalty. Memphis would turn the ball over on downs.

MTSU had just 139 yards of offense. Including sacks, the offense netted -18 yards rushing, and Will Davis went 8-19 for 157 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Graham and Mack accounted for 153 of Davis's 157 passing yards. After the game, Graham and Mack were both quoted as saying "This is just the first of 4 wins against these guys."

MTSU improves to 7-3 on the season. With 2 conference losses, The Blue Raiders have an outside chance of winning the Gentlemen division, as they face the top two remaining schools in the upcomming weeks.

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

DirtycashDylan and nikpin last game to play

9. DirtycashDylan

The douche's internet isn't up til tomorrow.

10. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Fuck you Steamer43 without 3 bullshit holding calls and a complete busted coverage (WTF was my linebacker thinking...he just stayed flat footed and let your motioned HB streak right by him I win that game. That's the last time you beat me asshole.

• Like Like x 3
  11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Im playing today after class

12. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea my bad guys. I moved this weekend and was able to play Galt at the old residence. AT&T is saying the internet will be turned on today if not I'd be cool with being auto'd to not hold things up.

13. DirtycashDylan

Don't duck me.

14. nikpin

Are you working today? I'd be more than happy to stop by and beat/cheese your ass in person

15. DirtycashDylan

I've a wide variety of counter-cheese at my disposal, bitch. You know where I live.

but yes, I'm working.

16. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Oh, trust me... I understand that. However, that isn't exactly the way I wanted to win.

17. DirtycashDylan

I'm playing right now. Advance in 30 minutes or so.

18. DirtycashDylan

#5 Kent-50
    Akron-7

Nik has really fallen off...

19. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Was that for real or against Auto?

20. DirtycashDylan

auto

21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Weak, saw him on Fifa last night. Why didn't u 2 play?

22. nikpin

I've been stealing internet for the past week and can't even stay connected for long enough to play a 15 minute game of fifa so I didn't think a game of NCAA would work. Thought it would be working last night but it wasn't and I was out doing other things so I didn't have time to call and get it fixed. They say it should be working today....

23. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Man, I signed up for ATT when my net was shaky, and they would of gotten my business had it not taken them almost a month to come flip the switch or whatever they have to do for DSL. In that time my other internet provider got their shit together and I've been good ever sense.

nikpin are you getting DSL or U-verse?

24. nikpin

DSL, it's actually just getting transferred from another apartment and they are giving me some crap about how the account has to be transferred blah blah blah. Kind of ridiculous but better than Time Warner I guess.

25. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

The one thing that turned me off about ATT is the cap on DSL. My roommates and I watch a lot of netflix videos and it doesnt take too awful much to push over the 150GB cap in a month from what I'm told.