Week 12 (2013)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Dream Run Ends with 29-7 Loss to NC State

The Demon Deacons headed to Raleigh with a 9-0 record and the highest ranking of the season. But despite NC State's 3-5 overall record, and dead last position in the ACC, the Wolfpack played like a title contender. Wake Forest ran 23 times and gained 26 yards. Tanner Price, who had a string of games with 300+ yards and 3+ TDs, suddenly couldn't hit a 5 yard slant. Wolfpack receivers and safeties alike were making hilight reel, diving catches, often beating double and triple coverage to haul in poorly thrown jump balls. And to top it off, with the game in hand at 26-7 and the clock winding down, NC State went ahead and ran one more play to kick a FG as time expired.

All is not lost for Wake Forest, as they will still head to the ACC title game in 3 weeks. This one, however, is hard to get a handle on. Ugh.

3. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Holy crap. After the miracle last week, it's like the cpu had it in for you. Shame man, great season overall though. I've had games like this, where it just seems like everything goes wrong no matter what you do. Sometimes it turns around after halftime, looks like you weren't so lucky.

4. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

lol, yea not so lucky this time. It was actually only a 19-7 game and sorta in reach as I finally had gotten a semi-decent looking drive going heading into the 4th, except I got caught on an all out blitz, Price fumbled, scoop and score and that was that. Another INT on the next drive just to cement the point, lol. One of those days. No worries, I obviously wasn't going to jump any of the other user guys we have in here who will finished undefeated, so the ACC and Orange Bowl titles remains the goal.

5. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

My game against Bama was crazy. You would figure those guys to pound the rock. They came out looking like Dan Fouts back when he was playing for the Chargers back in the day. I had to change my whole dam game plan. Let's say I barely survived.

There are no easy games in the SEC.

6. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Cruise
    56-14
    Iowa State looked as though they were going to be contenders in this game early on. The Cyclones decided to receiver the opening kickoff and were marching down the field on the Cowboys defense. The Black and Orange were finally able to muster a stop on third down on the OSU 48 yard line. Paul Rhodes decided to try an extremely long 55 yard field goal with the aid of 14 mph winds at the Cyclone kicker's back, but the gamble ended very badly for Iowa State as backup running back Jeremy Smith fielded the ball at the goal line and ran the entire length of the field for the very rare field goal return touchdown.
    The return seemed to let the wind out of the Cyclones' sails. Oklahoma State would go on to score 35 unanswered points in the first half. Three first half turnovers only helped the Cowboy cause. After the second half kickoff, the Cowboys came out in cruise control and were content to just play keep away. The Cowboys didn't play as efficiently as they have been on offense, but with the game getting out of hand in the first half, the players seemed to lose most of their focus.
    We hoped you enjoyed the last home stand of the season Cowboy fans, the Pokes will close out the season with two road games. The first stop on the road trip will be Manhattan, Kansas as the Cowboys face the #23 Kansas State Wildcats followed by a trip to Norman, Oklahoma for a season finale at Bedlam.

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

ND Survives Up and Down Game with Rival BC

Well, this one started really ugly and had the feel of one of those games where everything was going to go bad. Early on, it was just brutal, our first 3 drives ended with picks as RS Frosh Gunner Kiel just couldn't get his head into the game. Poor decisions compounded by awful throws make for bad results. The first quarter ended in a 0-0 tie. Finally, mercifully, ND decided to give Kiel the hook and bring in Senior Tommy Rees to save the day, and boy did he deliver. On his first drive, he found RB Cierre Wood on a wheel route over the top of the defense for a beautiful 72 yard TD to get ND back into the game after the turnovers had given BC 10 points. Unfortunately, the next time ND had the ball with a chance to go up before the half, BC blitzed Rees and about 5 guys hit him at once to force a fumble around the 20 yard line. Luckily we held them to a field goal and went into the half down 13-7.

Notre Dame finally came to life in the 2nd half, scoring 2 big TD's in the 3rd quarter to take what was thought to be a commanding 21-13 lead into the 4th, which was only built on when we scored 2 more TD's early in the 4th to go up 35-13. But, the pesky Eagles weren't done yet, as they hit a 61 yard bomb, stuffed our offense and then scored again quickly to be within a touchdown with over 3 minutes to go. We were finally able to chew up some chunks of yardage and kill the clock, and even ended on a positive note with a TD to Eifert just to be sure the game was out of reach, and stick it to our annoying step cousins from Boston.

Player of the game has to be Tommy Rees. The Gunner Kiel experiment is going to be on hold the rest of the season. He is the future of our pass offense, but just not quite ready yet, so we're going to ride the experience train with Rees and see where he can take us. Rees finishes with 225 yards and 4 TD's in 3 quarters of action, to Kiel's 3 picks and 2/7 passing for the elusive 0.0 QB rating :eek:.

Player of the game #2 goes to Stephon Tuitt, who continues to just terrorize OL's and QB's. I don't even use the guy and he just tosses linemen around like ragdolls on his way to murdering the QB. He finished with 5 sacks in this one, and is up to a ridiculous 24 on the season. When I first saw his ratings when NCAA came out I was kind of dissapointed because I thought they underrated him, but I take take those feelings back now :). If you've seen him in real life this season though, you know what I'm talking about, he's a sophomore, and last week Kiper said he is probably the best DL in the country regardless of age. Pretty wild, but at 6'6 305 with crazy speed, quickness and power, he's fun to watch. 2 sacks in each of the first 2 games, guy is going to make a lot of noise this year.

8. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Sounds like we got a race for the sack title. Godspower (yes, that's really his name) Offor has 25 on the season, and we still get to play Vanderbilt ;)

9. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Yeah, I saw that guy, he's only a RS Soph too, crazy. I have no idea how he's doing it though, guy is a tiny, not overly fast and doesn't have that great of ratings for pass rushing. You been playing the school of the blind or something ;)? We both have 2 games left, mine are a little tougher with PSU & USC, but Tuitt doesn't seem to care who gets in his way. Should be a fun race.

10. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Haha, nah he's just usually the guy I control, esp with a lot of ACC teams going hurry up and airing it out, I just pass rush like crazy. Plus he just had a couple games (Rice, Army, FIU, Duke...) where the RT was a turnstile and he got like 6 or 7 sacks. But yea, now that I see he has competition for the Godspower Bednarik award, Jordan Rodgers better watch his back next week!

11. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Liar.

12. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I was doing laundry and the internet there didn't work. :( Advancing now.

13. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

;) Just bustin yer balls man, I really don't care, we've been flying. I'm at work all day anyway, not much for me to do whether ya advance or not.