Week 12 - Baltimore 7 Atlanta 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Mar 25, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Jan 6, 2010
    Week 12 - Baltimore 7 Atlanta 17

Atlanta shook the cobwebs off after their disappointing road trip to the Lou in week 11, playing tight but in control against the Baltimore Ravens.

Game started with Baltimore's Joe Flacco throwing a pick to LB Stephen Nicholas on the first play from scrimmage, as Nicholas dropped back into his cover 2 responsibilities.

With a short field to work with, Matt Ryan connected with Jacob Hester on a 4 yard TD catch.

Matt Ryan had a much more disappointing showing this week overall compared to his week 11 performance. Finishing the day completing 7 of 13 attempts for 65 yards, the 1 TD, and two poor INT's. Ryan's inconsitency and poor decision making is not making the coaching staff happy. 6 INT's in the last two games are hard to get over, even with his 480 yards and 3 TD's against St. Louis. It's only a matter of time ownership looks elsewhere for QB leadership.

Baltimore tied the score up late in the first half as Flacco connected with Derrick Mason on a post/slant across the middle, with 0:02 left and no time outs remaining. This was a gutsy playcall by Weblink and my hat goes off to him... Knowing that he'd be looking for a quick pass, I played press coverage and brought the house but could not dial up a sack to send us to half with an Atlanta lead.

Second half was a lot of back and forth, with punts, stalled drives due to turnovers, and ball control by the Baltimore offense. At the end of the 3rd quarter, Michael Turner broke a 58 yard run on a counter play. I saved the highlight for this one because it was pretty cool... Baltimore's DE blew up the pulling guard, so Turner cut back inside, broke a tackle, reversed his field, caught a block down field and scampered for the long dash... I'll link in the highlight later (blocked from EA website at work), but this run set up the last TD in the game, early in the 4th quarter, as Turner put the ball in the endzone from 3 yards out.

Elam added a FG late in the game to seal the victory for the Falcons in the Georgia Dome.

Flacco had a rough day connecting with the Falcons defense 4 times in his 33 attempts.

Atlanta Falcons
    Michael Turner - 21 carries, 157 yards, 1 TD; 2 receptions, 2 yards

Baltimore Ravens
    Derrick Mason - 4 catches, 38 yards 1 TD

Good game Web...