Week 12: Chargers 15 Chiefs 17

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 15, 2009.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Week 12: Chargers 15 Chiefs 17

Chiefs Shock Bolts​

San Diego, CA- In a game that was supposed to be a walk through for the AFC West leading Chargers turned into a dogfight with hated rival Kansas City. The Bolts entered the game with a 9-1 record with the lowly Chiefs, well out of playoff contention, limping in with a 1-9 record. You can throw records out the window when these teams meet, something the Chiefs proved on Sunday.

San Diego looked to be headed to an easy win taking the opening drive inside the Kansas City 10 yard line. Phillip Rivers, 17/27 150 yards passing, made his first and only mistake of the game.

"Antonio ran a good route, I just made a bad throw." Rivers said, who also threw for a touchdown.

The savvy vetern Kerry Collins did just enough to keep his team in the game. Collins completed 10/18 passes for 172 with 2 touchdowns and a pick.

"It was a dogfight out there. We really played some of the best ball of the year today. With it being Coach Hasty's first game we really had motivation to prove that we are better than our record." Collins said.

Future Hall of Famer Ladanian Tomilson only had 48 yards rushing but chipped in on the recieving end grabbing 5 balls for 27 yards. On the opening drive he was a dominant force but wasn't part of the overall gameplan for San Diego.

A defensive struggle got very interesting late in the fourth quarter. Trailing 14-8, Rivers led a great drive capping it off with a 11 yard touchdown pass to Vincent Jackson, who ended the day with 3 catches for 43 yards, to take a 15-14 lead with just over 2 minutes to go.

Collins kept his cool and responded by leading a great two minute drill inside FG range for rookie Ryan Succop. It was the rookie's first GW kick attempt of his career. The 46 yard field goal sailed through the uprights with plenty of room as time expired.

"My teammates had faith in me. Coach told me to keep my head up after the first kick missed. He told me to stay focused because it might come down to me." Succop said, who missed a 57 yard field goal earlier in the game.

This was a great defensive battle, it's sad it had to end. Both teams came out prepared and well coached. Maij I look forward in battling you in the Wild Wild West in the future, Good Game.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow. I am shocked. I almost cried a little when I read this. GO CHIEFS!

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LoL. I honestly don't know how I stuck with 'em. I just wanted to keep it close and give myself an opprotunity to win. It proved to be a good strategy in the end but I still have a ways to go before I'm removing him from the top of the AFC West, lol.

And honestly if he would of kept going with LT he probably would of ran for 200 yards easily.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I watched the Chargers/Broncos game last week and I was really impressed with how good they were. Very nice win!

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Get with Cadepetty. He did the sigs originally and I'm sure he can take my name off the Chiefs pretty easy and fix it up for ya.

7. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Yea I got away from my running game and just never went back to it, I thought I could air it out on the kc, was wrong on that one.