Week 12: Colts(26) vs. Titans(37)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigox1337, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Week 12: Colts(26) vs. Titans(37)

TITANS COMEBACK TO WIN AFTER BIG INJURY
    [​IMG]
    Chris Johnson injury in the first quarter put the ball into backup RBs White and Ringer and they rallied the titans to a comeback win.

Week 12 had the Tennessee Titans hosting the Indy Colts in a late season Afc south rivalry match up with the series going 4-1 in coach mustangs favor. The titans started a rough stretch of games to close out the season, where 4 divisional games against the colts and texans remained. With this in mind, coach ox knew that a wildcard spot wasnt entirely out of the question and after some good scrims early in the day, coach ox brought his A game against the colts. The colts came into the game needing a win to keep ahead in the wildcard race, especially after a tough texans lose last week.

The first half started with Tennessee getting the ball first, after starting to drive the ball nicely, timely dropped passes or missed blocking assignments forced the titans to punt a couple times to start the game. The colts responded with 13 unanswered points by converting a screen that caught the titans defense off guard by rookie RB girley and he went 78 yards after a couple broken tackles to take all momentum going into the second quarter. After another missed assignment, Chris Johnson got his bell rung pretty bad and after a long stint laying on the field, was helped off and never returned to the game. The pressure was on vince young once again and he responded poorly again with 2 user picks and kept all the pressure on the Titans defense. Their defense would indeed respond and with a 3 and out and an interception, the titans offense got hot and scored two TDs by Cook Jr and White to bring the titans ahead for the first time in the game. 14-13. Colts would find WR butler wide open after blown man coverage and with only seconds in the half, mccallister would bomb it to butler for the go ahead TD. The titans managed to get a FG as time expired in the first half to make the score 20-17 going into the second half.

The colts got the ball to start the second half and they looked to extend their 3 point lead but 40 seconds into the half, disaster happened. Titans SS Hope destroyed Girley with a hitstick headsnapper and rookie CB Jordan recovered the ball on the bounce and returned it for the score to make it 24-20 early in the second half. Both defenses would prevail during most of the 3rd quarter with the only score being a FG by the colts until late in the quarter when after some marvous runs by White set up Ringer for the 22 yard TD rush to end the quarter with a 11 point Titan lead.

In the fourth the colts would respond early with another FG to make it 31-26 to begin the quarter. The titans would lean on the run game to keep the clock running in a one possession game but after some good defensive stands by both teams, the titans found themselves deep in Colts territory again and Lendell White scored his second TD on the day to put the Titans ahead by 11 and almost seal the comeback win by Tennessee. After the Colts burned all their TOs and a mccallister turnover, vince young took the victory formation and burned the last min and 49 seconds to seal the impressive win by the titans.

The Titans doctor said that Chris Johnson is expected to be 100% going into yet another AFC south game for the 6-5 titans next week against the 6-5 texans. Lendell White figures to get a bigger share of the run game after responding well this game by having his best game of the season. The Colts drop two games in a row, currently having a 7-4 record needing a big win next week against the cupcake browns to keep a share of a wildcard spot.

Stats:

Young- 16-30 238yds 1TD2INT, 14yds rushing.
    *White- 20rush 90yds 2TDs, 2rec 24yds*
    Ringer- 5rush 39yds 1TD
    Cook Jr. 3rec 39yds 1TD
    Purcell- 4rec 66yds

Mccallister- 15-28 324yds 2TD2INT
    Girley- 7rush 18yds, 4rec 94yds 1TD
    Ginn- 4rec 64yds
    Butler- 1rec 77yds 1TD

*Denotes player of the game*

GG stang, i think your right, i did play better if i had CJ the whole game, the only way i won was getting the big breaks in the second half but you shall have your rematch soon my friend. Next time youll meet my friend named CJ.