Week 12 Cowboys(38) Vs Colts(30)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by wajomatik, Mar 27, 2010.

1. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Week 12 Cowboys(38) Vs Colts(30)

Too Little Too Late?

In a must win game for the Cowboys , Felix Jones and a strong defensive showing propelled the them to victory against a very good Indianapolis Colts team. Quarter backs from both teams, Mcnabb and Romo, had games they would like to soon forget as they combined for 11 turnovers. Defense on both sides of the ball was vicious from the start. The Cowboys looked strong as they jumped out quickly to a 24-3 lead with less than 2 minutes left in the first half, but Mcnabb and the colts were able to score just before half making it 24-10 at halftime. As the second half opened Dallas’s offense seemed to be nowhere to be found as Romo threw multiple pics and the team could not convert a 3rd down to save their lives. The stingy defense of the
    Cowboys showed up big allowing only 2 FG’s and forcing several punts in the 3rd quarter. The 4th quarter showed both teams putting together scoring drives combining for 28 points in the 4th quarter alone. After a failed 4th down conversion by the Colts the Cowboys got the ball back with 1:42 seconds up 31-30 and Felix Jones would provide a fitting finish breaking off a 52 yard run to seal the game at 38-30. This win may have come too late though as the Cowboys are now 6-5 and must win out to even have a chance at a wildcard spot in the playoffs.

GG Mustang you killed me in the second half I was lucky to hold on.

Key Stats
    Cowboys
    T. Romo 12-26 152YRDS 6INT
    F. Jones 19ATT 219YRDS 4TD
    Dallas Defense combined for 7 sacks, 4INT’s, 2FF

Colts
    D. McNabb 24-50 354YRDS 4INT’s 1Fumble 2TD
    D. Clark 6REC 127YRDS 1TD
    Colts Defense combined for 2 Sacks, 6INT’s, 4FF

2. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Yea man crazy game, i was about to give up when it was 24-3. Nothing was going my way. I played a game before that one and it was the same story! My offense is terrible when I stay up late and play (maybe a few too many drinks!!) Felix killed me, he broke those tackles on the edges or slipped through cracks and was just too fast to catch. QB's did play like shit though. GG again.