Week 12 Game of the week

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by GMONEY 15, Aug 20, 2013.

1. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] at [​IMG]

The week 12 GOTW is all about the Big 10 as the #2 ranked Northwestern Wildcats traveling to Ann Arbor Michigan to take on the 9th ranked Michigan Wolverines. The game day crew has been in Ann Arbor all week and they are ready for the ESPN Prime time showing of this game.

Northwestern comes into this game ranked #11 in the Nation and #1 in the Big 10 total defense. They are led by Hard hitting SS Ibraheim Campbell who leads the Wildcats in Tackles. They had a LB Collen Ellis who is in the running for the Big 10 defensive player of the year as he has 46 tackles,14 tackles for loss and 4 sacks. DT Big Willie Hampton leads the Wildcats with 6 sacks.

Michigan comes into this match up with the #1 ranked running game in the Nation and the #1 offense in the Big 10. The Wolverines are led by there do it all QB Devin Gardner. Gardner has passed for 1832 yards and rushed for 798 yards as he is easily the top dual QB threat in the Nation. RB Thomas Rawls has rushed for over 1000 yards already and has 12 td's.

This is a HUGE game in the Big 10. Northwestern is sitting ATOP the Big 10 West with a 6-0 record while Michigan is #2 in the Big 10 East with a 4-1 record.

Let's go to the game day crew and our special studio guest to see what their predictions are for this game.

[​IMG]

Lee Corso..... [​IMG]I picked the #2 Wildcats in a thriller 24-21. They are just too tough on defense and they will find a way to bottle up the do it all Devin Gardner.

Kirk Herbstreit[​IMG] Are you kidding me Lee? You must have been hanging out with Lou Holtz to long. That Big Blue crowd of over 100,000 will make a difference in the game. Gardner and Rawls will show the Nation why they are the top rushing tandem in the country. Michigan wins 31-10.

[​IMG]

Steve Tasker graduated from Northwestern......" The Wildcats will go to the Big House and dominate the game 27-10. This is one of the strongest Wildcat teams of recent memory."

[​IMG]

Jerome Bettis aka "The Bus " Born in Michigan....." Yeah right Steve. It's all about the Big Blue baby. We will dominate this game and Gardner will have over 150 yards on the ground. Michigan 35 Northwestern 7."

Well there you have it folks. Tune into ESPN,ESPN2 and ESPN Deportes at 9pm EST Saturday night as Brett Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit will have the call with Heather Cox as the sideline reporter.

Gravity Papa Perry Hokie Effect 1ke Twister18 the bigg dawgg Jman WarEagle2 charter04 RobbyB34 Burrcat2277

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Cool write up. I think J. Bettis graduated from Notre Dame didn't he?

3. GMONEY 15

Bettis was born in Michigan

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Lol my bad. It was pretty late when I read it.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Scored too early Dammit.....lol :rage:

6. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

Did you lose?

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Yup. Last second FG. Did all I could really. We couldn't stop each offense. I just scored in the 4th with 50 seconds too much left on the clock.

8. GMONEY 15

1ke
    Gravity

Must have been one hell of a game fellas.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

1ke got away from his run game. I was able to get some stops on defense, mind you they were few and far between, but they allowed me to catch up after being down 14-0.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hahaha I was pissed you kept scoring on me, so I just wanted to score asap back. Horrible strategy lol. Before I knew it, I knew I had to score cuz I was down 5 in the 4th.