Week 12 Game Summaries(2011)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bulldog, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Post them here.

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 41
    Texas A&M 17

This game was tight for about 2 and a half quarters before Kansas pulled away. Kansas lost QB Quinn Meachem to a concussion in the 2nd quarter so once again they used both QBs as neither has been able to lock up the starting spot. Joe Webb played great, adding to the KU QB controversy. HB James Sims did not play in the 2nd half and backup Darrian Miller stepped up rushing for 60 yards and a score on 9 carries.

Joe Webb (QB)- 9-15 for 232 yards, 2 TD, INT, 4 carries for 20 yards, TD
    Quinn Meachem (QB)- 4-8 for 68 yards, TD, INT, 2 carries for 10 yards
    James Sims (HB)- 10 carries for 31 yards
    Darius Miller (HB)- 9 carries for 60 yards, TD
    Daymond Patterson (WR)- 4 receptions for 149 yards, TD
    Christian Matthews (WR)- 3 receptions for 63 yards, TD
    Kale Pick (WR)- 2 receptions for 41 yards, TD
    Darius Willis (MLB)- 10 tackles, 4 TFL, sack
    Isiah Barfield (CB)- 6 tackles, 3 TFL, INT

3. sonn

sonn Walk On

FSU claims Jefferson-Eppes Trophy with 56-7 win over Virginia​

After a tough defensive battle with Miami the Virginia Cavaliers were exactly what the doctor ordered for the Seminoles. Even though Florida State lost star running back Chris Thompson on the second play of the game due to a mild concussion the offense excelled. FB Lonnie Pryor opened the scoring taking a handoff on 3rd and short 13 yards for the opening touchdown of the game. On the very next play from scrimmage SS Terrance Parks intercepted a screen pass intended for Perry Jones and took it 15 yards for a touchdown.​

After struggling last week EJ Manuel got into the action by throwing 2 touchdowns in the 2nd quarter. The first was a 6 yard scoring pass to Willie Haulstead on a slant route and the second came on a playaction pass to FB Lonnie Pryor for a 39 yard touchdown play. RB Ty Jones capped off the scoring with a 2 yard run with 1:01 left in the half.​

For the 2nd half the FSU head coach decided to put in the backups in anticipation of next week's huge game against #1 Florida. The only scoring of the 3rd quarter came on a 7 yard pass from Clint Trickett to WR Rodney Smith. In the 4th little used backup RB Jermaine Thomas scored his 1st touchdown of the season on a 3 yard run. Thomas who was pressed into service in the first half made quite the impression and seemed to be in line for more carries next week was injured himself late in the game and will miss the next 2 weeks. FSU had to turn to it's 4th running back of the day in WR Greg Dent. Dent was a true iron man in the 2nd half as he saw time in the nickel defense, handled punt and kick returns, played WR and carried the ball 5 times for 26 yards with a touchdown.​

4. jandy

jandy Walk On

38[​IMG][​IMG]14
    Sooners Earn Another

The Sooners were able to pull away from the Bears in the second quarter, as QB Landry Jones tossed 3 touchdown passes, including 2 to Ryan Broyles. Jones finished the game 15-22 for 163 yards and 3 TD's. Dominique Whaley played well once again, quietly going for 123 yards on 19 carries and scoring a touchdown. Brennan Clay was also able to add a TD of his own on the ground.

The Sooners look to keep rolling next week as they take on the #21 ranked Iowa State Cyclones in Norman.

OU @ Baylor yr 1.PNG

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

[​IMG][​IMG]

K State 21
    Texas 45

Texas crushes the dreams of Cinderella K State behind 5 turnovers and a rare appearance of the running game and Foshwitt Witaker's 3 TDs. The defense played great forcing 5 turnovers and The Longhorns were in control for the entire game. Apparently Brown couldn't do quite enough for K State's BCS Championship hopes.

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

FUCK THIS GAME!!!
    Miami @ USF
    LITTLE BROTHER KICKS BIG BROTHERS ASS
    45-42
    The USF bulls shocked the world today as they beat the #18 team in the land 45-42. This game was really not close as the Bulls did what they wanted too on Offense. They were 75% on 3rd down conversions, they had 644 total yards of offense and they had 21 1st downs. The Canes couldn't get off the field or get a stop when they needed too. You would think that Miami turned the ball over but no USF actually had the only TO of the day 2 INT's from a back up QB. The two teams scored 6 td's in the last 2:54 of the game. You know I figuered the game was out to screw me when I had them at third and long with 1:34 left in the game and they dropped back to pass everyone was covered and the QB ran out of a tackle from a 88 ovr DT and ran for a 1st down. I called TO blitzed the next play and they ran a PA pass that was compleated for a TD I hate this game. I didn't have a chance to win this game it was pre-ordaned that USF was gonna win. 56 points scored in the 4th QTR WTF is that...

7. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!