Week 12 Game Summaries (2014)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Kansas 70
    Kansas St. 7

Kansas’s offense could not be stopped in QB Mike Cummings 1st game back from his injury. Cummings had 5 TD passes and 1 rushing TD, and WR Dexter McDonald caught 4 TD passes. A 35 point 2nd quarter let KU run away with the lead after a 7-7 tie at the end of the 1st.

Mike Cummings (QB)- 15-23 for 342 yards, 5 TD, rush TD
    Brock Berglund (QB)- 2-3 for 91 yards, 2 TD, 2 carries for 20 yards
    Darrian Miller (HB)- 12 carries for 48 yards, TD, 1 reception for 11 yards
    Anthony Pierson (HB)- 8 carries for 32 yards
    Dexter McDonald (WR)- 7 receptions for 176 yards, 4 TD
    Jacorey Shepherd (WR)- 4 receptions for 109 yards, 2 TD
    Julius Green (DE)- 10 tackles, 6 TFL, 1.5 sacks, FF

2. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

TCU 37
    OK State 22

Strong First Half Leads Horned Frogs to Victory

Senior QB Trevone Boykin would account for 4 TDs and led 5 straight scoring drives in the first half en route to a 31-15 halftime lead. The only reason it was a contest was a hail mary TD for OK State with a converted 2 point conversion as the halftime whistle blew. The Christians from Texas would hand the game over to senior HB Dwight Smith to chew up some clock in the 2nd half, and a couple of insurance FGs later TCU improves to 8-2 on the year, and 5-1 in conference. A win in Austin next week would clinch the division for TCU.

Stat of the Game; 17 total receivers registered a catch in this game (10 for TCU, 7 for OSU).

A couple of key injuries worth noting. TCU starting TE Blake Brown (junior) was lost for the season with a broken collar bone, as was Oklahoma State's backup HB Desmond Roland.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Kapono well it looks like we are going to have to try some different sliders. These just aren't working lol i know i've seen you score at least in the 60s 3 times this year.

5. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Yeah you're right. I can pass really effectively (I see tons of user 300+ yard games) I kind of expect to have big passing days because I'm more of a pass heavy guy but everyone is having success passing. Running for me is real tough though. I'm lucky to average 3 yards per carry.

6. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

My games have been the same way, although I'm more stubborn and think for some reason my run game will eventually kick in. But my defense can't stop the pass either (see 1-8 BYU's 579 passing yards vs me).

7. Bulldog

Have you beaten good teams badly all season?

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

70-24 Central Mich. (somewhat expected)
    47-49 loss Miami. (against CPU)
    45-22 Boise St.
    37-32 Texas (really close game)
    34-27 West Virginia (really close game)
    69-31 SMU
    32-31 Baylor (played drunk, still won)
    70-7 Kansas St.

It's not way off, I've had some real close games vs. the CPU and could easily be 5-5 instead of 8-2

9. Bulldog

So it seems to me its only bad teams you are destroying. That's to be expected then. I mean i've had close games my last 2 games and they were good teams.

10. sonn

sonn Walk On

I've had close games against Arizona St and NC State. The real test will be Florida in a couple of weeks.

I've been throwing the ball more then I'd like since my running back is slower than a turtle.

11. Bulldog

Ya i barely got by them 23-21 damn Nautica had that team stacked!

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'd say keep the sliders for the end of the season although I'm pretty sure you were doing that anyway, take a look at the stats, get opinions, and then make minor changes in offseason. I would say like +5 user run block, +5 CPU pass coverage, -5 user pass accuracy

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Remember our main goal was to be challenged and beaten by the CPU. I haven't seen too many CPU losses yet. I lost 1 in 3 OTs

14. Bulldog

Ya true we have had close games. I think with a few tweaks we will see some loses next season.

15. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

I've had some very close games and then my game against MSU but I'd like to keep the sliders pretty much the same.

16. Bulldog

Ah they need to be more difficult. We shouldn't be blowing out bad teams.

17. jandy

jandy Walk On

I've really struggled running the ball this season. Last year, I had almost 2k yards with Brandon Williams, but this year he'll be lucky to get 1000. My O-line is just as good, if not better that last year's, but the holes just aren't there. I think we should consider moving user run block up a little

18. Bulldog

I feel that run blocking is fine. Hell i average over 125 a game at least you just have to do alot of mixing up with these sliders.

But we will tune the sliders next season and i'll see what i can come up with until then.

19. EAsportsKiLLer85

EAsportsKiLLer85 Banned

It was a high scoring game vs. NC state 55-48 which went into overtime... Duke Qb Brandon Connette threw 11/24 for 282 yards with 2TDS and 1 interception he had a completion percentage of 45% we had to rely on passing cause we couldnt run the ball in the first haif but started to pick up some yards in the second haif with a total of 129yards on the ground the NC state Qb was doing a great job against or defense he was killing us he threw 20/35 with 378yards for 4TDS and had a completion percentage of 57%. Duke has been on roll so far maybe can get into a bowl game

[​IMG]

20. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Clemson 38
    BC 14

Tony McNeal made his first college start for the Tigers at QB and played mistake free football. DJ Howard had 121 yards rushing and 2 td's while 4 Tiger receivers caught 2 passes each to lead a balanced attack. SO FS Martel Hawkins had a pic to lead the defense. The Tigers led 28-0 at HT and coasted from there.

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Vanderbilt 30
    Kentucky 10

Well Vandy was able to find a new coach and they are hoping this coach can turn this school into winners. Coach Duke started took over Vandy who had a 1-8 record. Things aren't looking so hot for the Commodores, but Duke didn't let that bring him down. He traveled to Lexington and man the Commodores played incredible as they won easily 30-10. Vandy went into HT leading 24-10 and that's all she wrote from there. They played great defense forcing 3 turnovers all interceptions and rushing for 209 yards.

22. Bulldog

#1[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#2

Dawgs get past hated rival Auburn 31-28!
    [​IMG]

In week 12 the Bulldogs had to face hated rival Auburn and ended up winning 31-28. HB Isaiah Crowell once again dominated and carried the team on his back rushing for 148 yards on 36 carries and scored 2 touchdowns. QB Christian Lemay had a decent game completing 16 out of 22 passes for 236 yards and 2 touchdowns. Overall i felt good about our performance and can't wait for the SEC championship game where we will face either Auburn again or Alabama. next week we have to travel to Kentucky though and beat them before we start talking about the SEC game.

23. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I made Crowell earn that shit though lol

24. Bulldog

Yes you did. It wasn't easy lol