Week 12 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MileHigh Hitman, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Week 12 Game Summaries

Week Twelve
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG]
    vs. [​IMG]
    OSU (8-3)
    Colorado (3-7)

Box Score
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    OSU​
    7​
    14​
    0​
    14​
    35​
    Colorado​
    7​
    0​
    10​
    0​
    17​

Game Statistics
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    OSU​
    Colorado​
    First Downs
    25​
    18​
    Total Offense
    498​
    326​
    Rushes-Yards
    35-253​
    28-179​
    Comp-Att
    17-27​
    15-30​
    Passing Yards
    245​
    147​
    3rd Down Conv
    8-10(80%)​
    5-12(41%)​
    Turnovers
    1​
    0​

[​IMG]Cowboy Season Leaders[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Passing
    Complete​
    Attempts​
    Yards TD INT
    Zac Robinson
    162​
    255​
    2118 18 19

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Rushing
    Carries​
    Yards​
    AVG TD
    Kendall Hunter
    207​
    1539​
    7.4​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Receiving
    Receptions​
    Yards​
    AVG TD
    Dez Bryant
    41​
    532​
    12.9​

2. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

[​IMG]

The Tigers traveled to Ames, Iowa for the annual "Battle For The Telephone Trophy" against the Cyclones. Missouri jumped on the Iowa State early, led 41-7 at the half, and never looked back cruising to a 55-14 victory.

The Telephone Trophy consists of an old rotary telephone that sits atop a tall wooden base. The receiver of the telephone is painted half yellow and half red (yellow for Missouri and red for Iowa State). A large metal plate on the base of the trophy shows the complete results for each Telephone Trophy game.

Before the 1959 matchup between the two schools, which took place in Ames, Iowa, field testing showed that the telephones the two schools used to communicate with their coaches in the coaches box were wired so that either school could hear what was going on on the other sideline. The problem was fixed before the game, but neither of the two coaches knew that.

Northwestern Bell Telephone Company of Ames then decided to have a trophy made to commemorate the incident, and thus the Telephone Trophy was born.

The 1960 season game, which took place at Memorial Stadium in Columbia, Missouri, had similar problems

[​IMG]

Chase Daniels was spectacular again going 19 of 26 for 357 yards and 4tds, but the standout player of the game went to Junior WR Danario Alexander who had 8 receptions for a school record 249 yards and 3 td's, one of them coming from backup QB Chase Patton. Yeah yet another Chase, apparently they're everywhere in Missouri.

"I guess firearms do motivate a defense." Said Coach PK. "We played solid on both sides of ball but I liked how our defense got after them today."

*PLAYER OF THE GAME*​

WR Danario Alexander *8 receptions for a school record 249 yards and 3 td's​

3. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

UNC--16
    UMD--34

North Carolina makes Maryland work for this win. With some recruits attending the game, the Terps would come out after halftime and put it to to the Tar Heels. LB Antwine Perez would be all over the field and would account for 15 tackles. CB Kevin Barnes would also record 10 tackles and 2 picks. The Terps will face FSU next week for a chance to make it in the ACC CC game.

4. Not really much of a summary, but...

South Carolina upsets Florida 22-19.

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Wow, I saw you were down 16-0, nice win man.

6. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Virginia Tech 41 Miami 38.

Tech earns a hard fought victory in a well played game.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yep good game EI. Good luck the rest of the way.

8. Yeah, I threw like 3 or 4 INT's in the first quarter alone. I thought it was going to be a blowout by Florida. Then I held them to 3 FG's in the first half, and then a late touchdown. I also blocked a 54 yard field goal try for Florida.

I pulled my head out of my ass, and went wild with Brown and Cook.
    It was probably the toughest game, I've ever played of NCAA. lol.