Week 12 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BG, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BG

BG On The Rize!

Week 12 Game Summaries

First of all, I hope it's ok for me to start these new summary threads. I like to write mine as soon as I finish the game.

Now for the game. The Old Ball Coach is very pleased with the win against New Mexico St., but he is not very opportunistic about the play of his defense. Here is what he had to say, "I am very concerned about our ability to stop what our opponent is trying to do. It is not conceivable that our offense score 50 plus points per game. There will come a time when we need to hold our opponent and I'm not sure we are capable of doing so."
    The difference in the game was Nevada was able to take advantage of New Mexico's turnovers. The Wolfpack defense forced four interceptions and returned two for TD's. However, they gave up 455 yds of total offense and 5 scores.
    The game went back and forth in the first half, with Nevada holding a slim 21 - 14 lead at intermission.
    The game was busted wide open when Chris Wellington took the second half opening kickoff back 84 yds to put the Wolfpack up 28 - 14. Nevada would go on to score two more times in the third quarter to take a demanding 42 - 14 lead into the fourth qrt.
    This is where the coaches concerns came to play. Although the points were meaningless, this is when a good team finishes off their opponent when their down. New Mexico St. gained some momentum early in the fourth qrt when they scored 20 fourth qrt points . Taking nothing away from New Mexico's valiant effort, the defense became complacent and showed little effort. With the win, Nevada improved its record to 6-5,(5-2), and will end their regular season play when the play powerhouse Boise St. (Yikes)
    Final score Nevada 56 NMSU 34

State Line:
    Nevada 463 yds total offense
    C. Kaepernick 20-29 295yds 2 Td's, 2 int's
    L. Lippincott 24 car 123yds 3Td's
    V. Green 5 rec 77yds Td
    B Marshall 10 tac, 3 tfl, 1 sack, 1 int

NMSU 455 yds of total offense
    J. Fleming 23-41 293 yds 2Td's, 4 int's
    M. Colston 21 car 168yds 3Td's
    M. Allen 5 rec 79yds 15.8 avg
    D House 6 tac, 1 sack, 2 int's

2. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

yeah... thats fine. I would ask any member that is 1st to finish start one.

BTW - Nice high scoring game. I am seeing a lot of these lately...... do you guys play defense?

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

My defense is so terrible.

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

I know right. Nothing I seem to do has any effect. If I blitz, they hit the hot route; if a play zone, I get no pressure. What gives???

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My defense is terrible but they are getting better.

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I use my RE and put pressure towards the inside. The guy I use has 5 sacks this year, and although its not a lot, my LE is benefiting from it.

Biggest thing is putting pressure on the QB..... and you have to find your DB's strengths. My DB's are horrible in zone, but are decent at man coverage.

7. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Air Force Finishes 10-2, Now just waiting on Poll Positioning?

Air Force:35
    BYU:33

I will post recap later.... got to go back to base for some paperwork.

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

defenses> I use my DT, my biggest problem is WKU does not know how to tackle.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

WKU has a bye this week. In deep prep for FAU. Coach had no comment outside of that we will not be looking ahead to Arkansas State.

Big Red reporting

[​IMG]

10. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

By mentioning the WKU coach is not looking ahead, means that way deep down, underneath, he is looking ahead. Good Luck vs Ark St (cough), I mean FAU.

11. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

well first game with uab = first win. offense is suspect i returned 2 ints for tds but with them scoring a game tying td with 45 seconds left drove down and kicked game winning field goal with no time left

12. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

You forget WKU can't look past FAU, they need both wins to be bowl eligible.

1 win will not cut it they need both and some help.

13. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Buffalo Bulls new coach is dissapointed with the poor defensive effort put out by his defensive as the bulls lose to lonely Miami U. 35-25. the Bulls gave up 28 second half points and the new ball coach is definately looking to bring a new defensive scheme to western New York next year because with the poor athletes we have here we are going to have to go gimmicky on defense maybe 3-3-5 or 4-2-5. This loss also knocks BU out of any kind of bowl game at 5-6 we are just going through the motions.

14. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Drunken>The Bulls were a 3-3-5 defense a few years ago, maybe Gill's first year as coach.

15. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

UCF takes down Green Wave 41-21. 6 interceptions by Tulane QB's spelled disaster. The UCF defense spent all afternoon in the backfield despite only rushing 3 men out of their 3-4 defense. On the flip side people may want to save the stat clippings from the paper as UCF does the unthinkable: 27 pancake blocks and 0 sacks given up (No shit, check it). Another statistical oddity was UCF's RB managed to gain almost 240 yds yet did not record a single broken tackle (probably cause the whole defense was laying on the ground from the pancakes). Tulane's coach just said "sometimes there is absolutely nothing you can do to escape the inevitable." Down 24-7 at halftime Tulane was forced to throw the ball all half with little results. On a positive note, senior RB Anderson breaks the school rushing TD record.

16. BG

BG On The Rize!

lol, choke alert!!!

17. Emmdotfrisk

Oh wow, upset! It is true, there are some games when the computer is locked on and is unstoppable....reminds me of the handicap in NFL Blitz

18. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

dude UCF killed me even tho the last 20 pts they scored i gambled for a turnover every play thats why they scored so much but other than that they pretty good, -_-

19. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

They must be. Its been awhile since i have been woodshedded like that online or off.

20. Emmdotfrisk

OFFENSE LEADS WOLVES TO 45-35 VICTORY

OFFENSE LEADS WOLVES TO 45-35 VICTORY

[​IMG]

The Arkansas State Red Wolves (5-5) showed up offensively once again against the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders (3-8) in Murfreesboro. The offense tallied up 234 yards on the ground and 295 in the air to produce a very balanced attack.

KEY PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSSR QB Corey Leonard
    Fresh off of a broken toe, was given the nod for the start completing 25 passes out of 37 with 295 yards and 4 TD's.

[​IMG]

RSSR HB Reggie Arnold
    Reggie tore it up on the ground with 34 carries for 216 yards and 1 TD.

THE BOTTOM LINE
    The Red Wolves improve to 5-5 and 2-4 in conference play. They travel back home to Jonesboro to face rival North Texas (4-6, 3-4) and will need to win to be on the bubble for bowl eligibility.​

21. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

ahhh houston was no match for memphis, houston threw 4 int, 2 of which got hit , their defense did the job, returnning 2 TDs, ahhhh houston gg bro

22. Super3Way

Super3Way Guest

Memphis 34 Houston 13

The score really didnt indicate how this game went. Houston really had no problem moving the ball and outgained Memphis by over 100 yards. But the Memphis D made plays when they had to, using the cliche "bend but dont break" defense. They forced 5 turnovers and were able to secure the much needed victory.

23. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The C-USA championship is going to be great if its Memphis vs Tulane. Might be the game of the year.