Week 12: Panthers (30) @ Browns (10)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Week 12: Panthers (30) @ Browns (10)

[​IMG]
    Panthers pound the Browns
    Charlotte, NC- Pepper Hicks Reporting

The Panthers went into Cleveland last night and came out with a huge win on the road. Not all news was good though. LOLB Jon Beason was carted off in the 2nd quarter with a broken jaw and will miss 4 weeks. Beason has been a stud of this Panthers D all season long, so he will be missed. Eric Norwood and Jamar Williams will take turns replacing the hole the Beasons' injury has left.

The game started out with a bang for the Panthers. On the first play from scrimmage DeAngleo took the hand-off and was gone for a 74 yard touchdown. Panthers would add another DeAngelo TD this time from 13 yards out to go up 14.

After a Int by the Panthers Defense, the Panthers score again. This time just a 29 yard FG by John Kasay. Then Kasay booted the kickoff out of bounds and the Browns started to see some life ahead. They drove down quickly and scored on a pass from McCoy to C.Mitchell for 20 yards. Then Panthers next drive they would fumble and give the ball right back to the Browns. Panthers D held and Browns settled for a Phil Dawson 47 yard FG, which the Panthers got back as the first half expired. With Kasay hitting a 56 yarder.

The Panthers start the 2nd half on defense up 20 to 10. Later in the 3rd the Panthers would add to their lead with another DeAngelo TD, this one just from a yard out. Another Browns turnover lead to Kasay's 3rd FG of the day hitting from 41 yards away. The Panthers would hold their 30 - 10 lead all through out the 4th quarter with some help from Mike Goodson. Goodson getting some carries while Jonathan Stewart is out, ran 6 times for 37 yards.

The Panthers improve to 8 - 3 and have tied their most wins in a single season within the OMFL. Year 1 was the last time the Panthers got to 8 wins, where they finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs. So with a great start and Seahawks and Cardinals up next the Panthers are looking for a Playoff berth for the first time in OMFL history.

Stats for the Game:
    D.Williams - 24atts 3Tds 198 yards
    S.Smith - 4recs 100yards
    M.Moore - 10/15 186yards

Panthers Defense - 3 sacks & 3 ints

VIDEO HIGHLIGHT REEL
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/highlight-reel/42574443

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

GG Claven i just dont know what is going on.. i just cant get ahandle of this team im not sure why i cant get anything going i didnt think i was this bad.. lol atleast i will get a good chance to make some changes this offseason.. disappointing start to my OMFL career i know

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

One thing I noticed and you threw alot of McCoy's backfoot you need to work on stepping up in the pocket and deliver your strikes. Also you need some WR's. Your WR core is like mine with out Steve Smith.

4. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

yeah i am still learning the team but i will get it under control and i hope soon lol

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Panthers are my new NFC favorite.