Week 12: Patriots @ Jets

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by whoozy11, Oct 29, 2012.

1. whoozy11

whoozy11 Walk On

Patriots: 41
    Jets: 14

Coach Cordell opened the post game conference with this comment, " I'm happy for the fans, and the organization, but we still made a lot of mistakes." The one comment that stood out and he seemed most pleased about was, " I really like how my QB is going through his progressions. He's checking down to his 3rd and 4th receivers when needed." He ended the conference saying, " the defense stepped up today as well and I really believe it was because their effort in practice this week."

A few notes from the game: The first quarter was pretty evenly matched. A short field goal and a 28 yard Gronkowski touchdown started the day for the Patriots. The Jets caught the Pats defense in a blitz and threw a late quarter bomb to S. Holmes.

The second quarter the Patriots caught fire scoring 21 unanswered points. Brady had two passing touchdowns to both Welker and B. Lloyd. The Pats defense also had a interception return for a touchdown.

The third quarter wasn't as exciting as the second. Only yielding A Patriots field goal and a late quarter, short touchdown pass by Tebow.

The fourth only had a 19 yard touchdown pass to Gronkowski to solidify the win for the Patriots. with a final score of 41-14 Pats.

Upon leaving the Jets facility, I was bombarded with Tebow posters and chants. Leaving me with the question, " What will the Jets coach do and how will he respond to the Tebowholics?"

Game Stats

Total Yards
    Patriots: 448
    Jets: 230

Passing Yards
    Patriots: 339
    Jets: 148

Rushing Yards
    Patriots: 109
    Jets: 82

Turnovers
    Patriots: 3
    Jets: 7

Player of the game
    R. Dowling: 8 tackles 3 Ints with one returned for a touchdown.

Great game Randiesel75 and look forward to us playing again.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Great game, bud.

I have to be honest, I was a little drunk last night. As the hurricane was bearing down on NJ, all the locals were at their favorite watering hole in preparation. Everything is closed for the next few days, so it was like knowing you have a snow day coming and enjoying the time off work.

Yeah, definitely looking forward to next season and our rematch. Great offense, you play very much like the real life version of them Pats, all shotgun! I couldn't stop it.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow! He scored a TD!!!!! Give him the start already....

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Ha

5. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Looks like the Patriots could be making a run for the division lead as they match-up against the Dolphins next week!