Week 12 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by phbaseball1335, Aug 29, 2010.

1. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Week 12 Scores

Terps Dominate Wolfpack 52-17

Rivalry game turns into a laugher as the Maryland defense sets the tone early forcing three turnovers and scoring two touchdowns. Player of the game honors goes to runningback Da'Rel Scott who rushed for 130 yards and three touchdowns on 23 carries. Quarterback Jamarr Robinson added a 42 yard rushing touchdown as the Terps put up almost 200 yards on the ground.

2. Kingspring

Kingspring Walk On

Tigers keep it going in midst of Career day for Caudle and crew.

Neil Caudle grew up against georgia, and learned to recover after throwing picks. Caudle threw for 450 plus yards and three scores as Auburn beat #24 Texas in a great game that came down to the wire.

Caudle connected with his slot receivers as Brown and other UT defensive backs shut down the main wide outs. Carr and Adams both went over 150 yards receiving and Frosh sensation Dyer sat on the bench the whole game due to some off the field issues and the fact this caliber of a game needed experience, Fanin stepped in and Mccaleb spelled him. Fannin actually had the play of the game with under 20 seconds on third down.

Fanin punched it in and the tigers celebrated when Gilbert last ditch effort fell short. The auburn defense stepped up when needed and they look to get to 10 wins and a BCS bowl.

The iron bowl has a lot riding on it this year. Bama looks to salvage a disappointing season and Auburn looks to solidify itself as a contender yet again post tuberville.

Should be a good one.

3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Arkansas wins their 11th game against Miss St. In a pretty close game Arkansas pulls it out 38 to 20.

MVP's Ryan Mallett 412 yards and 4 tds
    Greg Childs 271 and 2 tds

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Imma really need Iowa to lose to Ohio St. this week. To be having the season I'm having, esp beating 4 ranked teams in the first 6 weeks (including the #1 and #4 teams) and be left out of the NC game would be some major BS. The voters SUCK, lol.

5. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Maybe the extra game that you will get from the conference championship will give you the boost needed to vault over Iowa.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Boston College 13-10 over Virginia.

As the regular season comes to a close, snowy weather and a better than advertised UVA defense made this one exciting.

Mike Marsovetra had a tough game, throwing 3 interceptions and only 1 TD as the Virginia defense had the BC receivers locked down most of the game. IN addition the Eagles Offensive Line struggled, and although they only gave up one sac Marscovetra was under constant pressure.

WR Colin Larmond had another 100 yard receiving day and in the process broke the school record for yards in a season. DT Connor Oneal was named player of the game with his 5 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

K Nate Freese seeking to redeem himself with 2 misses earlier kicked the game winner with 30 seconds left.

Up next is the first bowl game under the team's new head coach. We are hoping to close the year out strong and really can't complain (too much) about an 8-5 season.

Highlights here

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

yea. I really don't have any idea why Iowa is number one anyway. When you look at their schedule it doesn't impress. We have played a better schedule and have beat teams more handedly than they have. It should be Arkansas and FSU 1 and 2. I don't know what order they would be because voters love SEC teams, but it should be those two teams for sure.

8. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Well most of it is prob because they started out a top 5 team.

9. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

It's funny because I almost had a user play Iowa...but I figured OSU and Wisconsin would be the teams to beat in the Big-10 so I scheduled user games against those teams...But I am almost sure they will lose to OSU.

10. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

As long as you two take care of business the rest of the regular season and then in your respective conference championships, I think everything will work itself out and give us the matchup we want to see in the national championship. It would stink if either one of you started worrying about the polls too much and suffered a horrible upset so late in the year after playing so well for so many weeks.

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Ain't gonna happen to me. We'll take care of business.

12. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

13. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

We will advance this evening.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Marty, when do you want to do this? I have a user game in another league, but he hasn't responded to me about when he wants to play so I'm open tonight.

15. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Tonight is a slight, slight possibility. I have Wednesday off I believe, I'm a call-in, and it's been slow. So maybe Wednesday night later, around 9 or 10pm central time?

16. Spudnasty

Spudnasty Walk On

Clemson destroys Wake Forest 41 to 13

Wake Forest has a disappointing game where turnovers was once again a key factor. Clemson's defense had an amazing game, scoring three defensive touchdowns off of 5 turnovers. Skylar Jones, the man who took over as Quarterback just a few games ago, managed to go 8 for 24 with zero touchdowns and four interceptions. It was a very disappointing season for the Demon Deacons and the main question in the offseason will be who comes out with the starting quarterback job.

17. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Like I said!!!(y)

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm supposed to play another user game, possibly two, tomorrow night so I don't think that would work. Anyway you can do it tonight?