Week 12 | Season 1 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Baron, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Utes Start Slow, Eventually Beat Zona 38-19
    Slow Start Upsets Baron with one PAC-12 matchup remaining
    Normally a 19 point win over a conference foe would be cause for celebration, but a clearly irritated coach Baron was having none of it in the post-game presser. "We can not keep playing to our opponents in games like this," Baron said. "Yea we made some plays but we shouldn't have the need to."​
    That sluggish start was evident as Arizona took a 9-3 lead early on in the 2nd. While Utah's defense was keeping up its trend of bending but not breaking, the Utah offense was quite sluggish as QB Jordan Wynn took over for injured starter Jon Hays. "I don't want to hear that as an excuse. Jordan came in last week and was great for us against a solid Washington squad, so with all the practice time, I don't understand it."​
    But after going down 9-3, Wynn would lead a long drive that would see Byron York rush for his 8th touchdown on the season, to give the Utes a one point lead.​
    The Ute defense would stop Zona's 2 minute drive and give their offense a chance before half time. The Utes would, as they have many times this season, capitalize on their last possession before the half with a 54-yard TD strike from Wynn to Reggie Dunn, himself filling in for the injured Luke Matthews. 17-9 Utah at the half.​
    Arizona would receive to start the second half and yet again be forced to settle for another field goal. From there, Utah would score 3 straight touchdowns, (two TD passes from Wynn to Dres Anderson and TE Kendrick Moaei along with a John White TD rush) to put the game out of reach even after a garbage time TD by Arizona.​
    The Utes can clinch a trip to the PAC-12 title game with a win next week against Colorado.​

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Cal Plays Spoiler
    In short this is how the game went down.​
    FINAL SCORE
    [​IMG] 35
    [​IMG] 21
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Ise Sofele- 11 Att, 96 yards, 3 TD

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Brutal. Looks like outside of that one run you bottled him up. That had to be frustrating

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Good GOD! Sorry man...

5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Fuck Cal.

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

The Chris Thompson Show!
    [​IMG]
    Florida State Rides Their Horse to 38-14 Victory

Within the first 3 minutes, Florida State's Chris Thompson had racked up 122 yards on 8 carries and scored 2 TDs. This game sure looked like it would be over early, however sloppy conditions including a 32mph Gail force wind allowed Maryland to crawl back into this one. 3 2nd quarter turnovers made this game a 17-14 advantage for the Noles. However, the defense stepped up and put FSU in position to score 3 late TDs to ice this one.

Chris Thompson ended up with 198 yards on 30 carries.

Next up, a return to Doak to take on the hated Gators.

(as an aside, sucks that a sweet picture is ruined by that damn blue star)

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

It was frustrating but then I just had to laugh about it after watching the replay. It is what it is but they broke so many tackles and blew me up!

8. I Peench

I had a crazy motherf'in game like that against UVa. Lukcy forced fumble saved me, but I almost lost. Was the rest of the game ridiculous? Or generally well played by the CPU?

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

It got to the point to where I was just laughing at what Cal was able to do on offense and defense.

10. I Peench

Backup QB Williams Leads Heels to Comeback Win Over Rival UVA

UNC 42
    UVA 39

Man, nothing went right for me in this one. I got off to a fast start, as RB Gio Bernard, who has been hurt most of the season, took off on the first play from scrimmage for a TD. WELCOME BACK. After going up 21-0, the CPU went crazy. Barely held them off here. 4 picks for me is no bueno, not to mention the fact that Renner might be out for the ACC Championship vs Mike E .

WATCH IN HD

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The Victory Bell Hangs Slightly Askew
    The much anticipated Victory Bell rivalry between the Trojans and Bruins was all set. UCLA, coming in 6-4 on the season needed a win to assure a bowl, while USC needed a win to have any kind of a shot at a birth in the PAC-12 Title game. ​
    USC's first drive of the game would come with a promise, that promise being that they wouldn't take the Bruins lightly. Matt Barkley would connect with TE Xavier Grimble from 51 yards out, and within two minutes of the opening kickoff. Freshman (RS) UCLA QB Brett Hundley would answer, to Rickey Marvray from 45 yards out three minutes later, to tie the ball game up. Then things fell apart quickly for the Trojans. Off a first play interception, Brett Hundley would answer quickly with a strike to Devin Fuller for 40 yards, taking the touchdown lead. The next possession, a Barkley fumble on a scramble to the left side of the field would allow FS Tevin McDonald, giving UCLA a stunning 21-7 lead in Los Angeles. The third consecutive turnover, drive wise, would happen when Barkley threw his second interception of the game, allowing the Bruins a short field. Unable to capitalize, they settled for a field goal, up 24-7 at the end of the first quarter. ​
    Two drives in a row, USC would score. The first receiving touchdown to HB Curtis McNeal when he became wide open down the side of the field; the second going to Marqise Lee from 16 yards out. 24-21, and now we have a ball game. A UCLA drive ending in a punt put the Trojans at the 1 yard line, allowing the Bruins defense to pin their ears back and attack. The result was a safety when Curtis McNeal was caught behind the line of scrimmage. That would spur two quick touchdowns, one ran in by HB Johnathan Franklin from 4 yards out, the second when CB Sheldon Price would pick off Barkley's third interception of the day, returned for 46 yards and the touchdown. At the break, UCLA would lead 40-21. ​
    To start the second half, Hundley would throw an interception to MLB Lamar Dawson that would go the distance, 66 yards for the touchdown. A field goal by USC would have the Trojans down 40-31, with the Trojans sniffing a come back. An opposing field goal from FairBairn would take the lead to 12, 42-31. A few minutes into the fourth quarter, the Trojans flipped the script, this time pinning the Bruins down at their own 1 yard line. After two unsuccessful plays, the third down conversion would be a pass down the left side to Jerry Rice Jr, who went up and got it and eluded Trojan defenders. Likely the straw that broke the camels back, that 99 yard touchdown would allow the Bruins to take a 50 to 31 point lead. USC wouldn't go down fighting, scoring twice, both from the hands of Matt Barkley, but unfortunately short. ​
    Final Score :
    USC 45 - 50 UCLA​
    Player of the Game :
    UCLA FS Tevin McDonald - 6 tackles, 1 interception, 1 FR, 1 Touchdown​
    Great game Bulldog . I can't stress enough how despite the game wronging you throughout the game, how nice it was for you to finish, and in miraculous fashion. I truely dread our next matchup. ​

12. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

yup GG man im working on the highlights should be up soon

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

When I played Stanford in triple OT on the last play when they threw an INT I fumbled it ..... twice ..... SMH at the CPU doing crazy shit to get the win

14. Bulldog

• Like Like x 3
  15. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Epic game Bulldog. I know that must've been hell to edit.

16. Bulldog

Every time i watched a clip to make sure it was edited alright i got mad lol :mad:

• Like Like x 2