Week 12 Season 2

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jan 3, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Thursday @9PM EST
    =============== #12 Washington Huskies (8-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington won 24-12 against USC (4-5).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (5-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Jacob Hawkins has committed to Washington

=============== #7 UCLA Bruins (9-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 38-31 against Washington State (6-3).
    This week, the Bruins will host #17 Oregon State (7-2).

=============== Cal Golden Bears (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 31-24 against Oregon State (7-2).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host #12 Washington (8-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Doug Phillips has committed to Michigan State

=============== #17 Oregon State Beavers (7-2) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State lost 31-24 against Cal (5-4).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Pasadena to face the #7 UCLA Bruins (9-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Marc Brown has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== Utah Utes (5-4) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 27-14 against Arizona State (6-3).
    This week, the Utes travel to Boulder to face the Colorado Buffaloes (2-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Fred White has committed to Utah

=============== Arizona State Sun Devils (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Arizona State lost 27-14 against Utah (5-4).
    This week, the Sun Devils will host #19 Washington State (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Brett Broussard has committed to Arizona State

=============== Arizona Wildcats (5-5) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 59-14 against Stanford (7-3).
    This week, the Wildcats will host USC (4-5).

=============== #19 Washington State Cougars (6-3) ===============
    Last week, Washington State won 38-31 against UCLA (9-1).
    This week, the Cougars travel to Tempe to face the Arizona State Sun Devils (6-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Mario Waller has committed to Washington State

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

CoachRedd you around? If not tomorrow after 6pm central I'm free. Idk if I feel like 4 games in one night anyways..

3. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I just woke up. I go to work in 2 and a half hours. I'd rather wait til tonight.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

so like.. 6:30 pm central time on 1/4/2012 work?

5. CoachRedd

Yeah. See you then. Fuck wazzou.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

*shrug*

We got my win for the year.. if I can pull in the rest of my recruiting board and convince Wilson to stay I'm set for next year...

But really, Fuck ASU-- yall goin down.

7. IrishBearcat

CALIFORNIA: 35
    #12 WASHINGTON: 31
    FINAL

Cal came into this game coming off an upset of a #10 Oregon State. The Golden Bears were looking down back to back top 15 teams with #12 Washington up next on the schedule. A California win would secure a bowl bid and also provide some revenge after last year's sloppy performance in a 7-10 loss to Coach Fuzzy's squad.

Heisman front-runner Isi Sofele took the opening Kickoff to the house. Up 7-0 the Cal defense would force a 3-and-out. Momentum was starting to swing, and Sofele took his second score of the game to the house on a 53 yard rushing score. Cal led 14-0 at the end of the first.

Washington immediately got the offense going to begin the 2nd quarter. RB Jesse Callier housed a touchdown after breaking free from a would-be tackler with a destructive stiff-arm. Panic ensued after RB Isi Sofele took a big shot to the chest the next drive. Trainers and the medical staff determined he would be out for the game. The offense stalled. Washington took advantage and added more point behind the leg of K Damon Rodgers. With the Golden Bears lead reduced to 14-10, backup RB Covaughn DeBoskie surged up the gut for a 50 yard touchdown. Cal led at halftime 21-10.

HALFTIME
    Rumors began to spread the Sofele had suffered broken ribs. Coach IrishBearcat addressed his team. "Fellas, Isi has carried this team all season but he will be out for the remainder of it." The team was shocked, Sofele had one request, "I love you guys, you're my fucking brothers! Get out there and show the Huskies what GOLDEN BEAR FOOTBALL IS ALL ABOUT!!!"

The offense didn't respond after the Sofele's motivational speech. Cal's offense stalled while Washington's QB Keith Price added two touchdowns through the air to take the lead. Up 24-21, Washington had it's first lead of the game. The offense took the field after the kickoff, and DeBoskie took ANOTHER long run to the house with a 71 yard burst up the middle. Cal led 28-24 at the end of the third.

The first points of the fourth quarter occured with Jesse Callier's 1 yard rush with 1:45 left in the football game. Down 28-31 Cal had two timeouts when they got the ball back. They began with pounding the football and quickly running to the line. They were getting some first downs, but finally Washington stoned DeBoskie at the line. Cal got to midfield and was forced into a 4th and 1 situation. The FB converted. Cal was just outside of their Kicker's range at the 30 yard line. Backup QB Kyle Boehm dropped back and launched a rainbow to WR Keenan Allen for a TOUCHDOWN!!! Only :14 remained on the clock after Cal took a 35-31 lead.

After 3 incomplete passes the game was over. An epic thriller, and Coach IrishBearcat announced the game was dedicated to RB Isi Sofele. He announced he would be out for at least 6 weeks, ending any hopes of a regular season return and undoubtedly ending his chances to win the Heisman Trophy.

As I told fuzzy, all of these LV games are becoming soooo epic! I've never had this much fun, even when I was 4-4 the losses were amazing. Great games, hoping more to come!

GG fuzzyl0gic & GL in the rest of your games. R.I.P Isi Sofele :oops::(:'(

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah, great game. Polk is out the rest of the year with a broken collarbone. Tough hitting conference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

this is what you get for trying to battle Kasper

• Like Like x 2
  10. CoachRedd

RBs do not last in LV.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

washington state's rb is fine...

12. IrishBearcat

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Do I need to put myself on AP when we advance so every user gets to play a CPU Colorado or do I need to play that game? I wasn't sure what was decided. Like I said in our PM, either way is good with me.

14. IrishBearcat

I've contacted all 3 of your remaining user opponents.. they're okay with playing you. You can go ahead and take yourself off of auto-pilot and jump right in with us.

I ask you keep pace though of course! :)

15. CoachRedd

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#19 Washington State 32
    @
    Arizona 31

DOUBLE OT

The Cougars were flying high coming into this game after a big win over now former #1 UCLA, and the defensive momentum carried through to Tempe. ASU grabbed an early 3-0 lead off a field goal, but Washington State was able to answer thanks to a 51 yard strike to Marquiss Wilson. Both offenses struggled through the rest of regulation, with WSU getting 6 points off a Osweiler interception and adding a field goal to round out their scoring. ASU got two touchdowns in the fourth quarter from Cameron Marshall thanks to a 1 yard run and a 76 yard run.

In overtime, Washington State got the ball first and moved the ball, scoring on a 6 yard touchdown to Wilson. ASU answered, and scored on the following possession as well. On fourth and goal from the 6, WSU got yet another TD from Wilson to bring his total to three on the day. Wilson would get the two point conversion on a plain PHENOMENAL catch to win the game for the Cougars.

Best player in the country IMO, hands down.

WSU was out gained 188 to 452 -- make ya sick Redd? ASU committed 5 turnovers, all interceptions which was the story of the game.

Wilson finished with 7 catches for 138 yards and 3 scores.

Hell of a game CoachRedd .. always fun man

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

This game is a god damn joke.

18. CoachRedd

FML. Fuck Osweiler.

19. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 24 - UCLA 21

The game was laggy for most of the game. UCLA did a great job shutting the OSU run game down. UCLA had several sacks on the day (largly in part to the lag). The game was a back and forth battle. OSU forced three INTs to UCLA's 1. OSU was able to capitalize on a late TD pass to go up 24-21 late in the fourth. On the next drive OSU picked off UCLA with just over a minute left. OSU then ran the ball and forced UCLA to burn all their timeouts before picking up a first down to close out the game.

OSU has a tough match-up against UTAH next week.