Week 12 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 12 - Season 3

We're here fools! HARD ADVANCE FOR SATURDAY 9PM(central)!!!

User games? HELL NO!

Get it on people!!!

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Virginia Tech takes their rival Virginia out behind the woodshed, whooping them 52-17 at Virginia.

This game was over in the first 5 minutes, as Tech quickly built up a 28-7 lead and never looked back. Virginia couldn't consistently move the ball and couldn't stop QB Ju Ju Clayton and the passing attack. The backups all saw significant PT in the second half.

On an aside, what is up with the user HB's this year? I thought I was having an ok season with Ryan Williams since taking over VT, with about 950 yards and 20 TD's. I was shocked to see that he is in the top 8 for rushing yards and is in the lead for rushing TD's by a wide margin. Guess this is a pretty pass-happy league, which is fine with me. I just have an issue with throwing passes that lead to my WR's getting tackled at the 2 yard line. I'd say that 15 of Williams TD's this season came from less than 3 yards out.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I don't know, I have a 96 speed back who cant outrun anybody and an 88 str 240 pounder who cant run over anybody. (n)

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Duke 17 @ #21 UNC 34

-Paulus was cruising early as his 231 passing yards put him in the record books. With 3143 yards on the season Paulus now holds the single season record for any Tar Heel in history, and with one more touchdown pass he will tie the record with 23 for the season. We also got a decent performance from third string halback Jamall Womble who helped keep the clock moving in the second half.

5. Dru50

I hear that, my 950 yards are on like 215 carries, I'm averaging a tick over 4 YPC and I think my longest run is about 15 yards. But I admitedly am not good at juking/breaking tackles and never really break any long runs.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm pretty sure Rex Burkhead is in the top ten inrushing.

7. dakota7

Nebraska lays the wood to Georgia Tech, 42-14

QB Cody Green was having a fantastic game, completing 10/13 for 165, rushing for 81 yards and 2 total tds when he took a shot that knocked him out of the game with a dislocated shoulder. Rex Burkhead scored 3 times and ran for 138 yards on the day. Next up is the annual showdown with Colorado. The Buffs will be looking for revenge after last years thrilling overtime loss.

8. Dru50

Not to be a killjoy, but the EA sportsworld site shows that Missouri won it's game 100-14? Is that right?

I was under the impression there was a 60 (or maybe 70) point scoring cap, am I mistaken?

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Alright, WTF?!

Game restarted 3 times, final outcome 100-14.

J - I'd suggest throwing out the results.

10. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Yeah kept getting disc read error not even a minute into the game. Then I was pissed off and decided to kill them...

11. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Oh, that explains it.

Cowboys beat Notre Dame Fighting Irish

"Kavlin [Culp] really grabbed a strong hold on the offense today, Notre Dame really started that box around our rushing game so I was up to Culp to have a big day today. I believe he had 4 touchdowns, 2 to TE Matt Justice, 1 to WR Richards, 1 to WR Blackmon. Our defense once again gave up too many yards, and too many points, but overall played a very strong game."
    -Huronia

12. Dru50

Ummmmm, yeeaaahhhhh.

When you were over 80 points scored, didn't you consider it might be better to have a 4th restart and not blatantly disregard jman/murks rules?

Weak excuse.

13. Jman

Shit does NOT work like that. Period.

Game will be thrown out and simmed, there will additional repercussions as well.

That is absolute bullshit as far as I'm concerned, we have rules for a reason. That crap will not be tolerated. I just do not get at what point that sounds like a good idea since we're on a damn site based on playing SIM!

14. dakota7

100.........did you have to go for 2?

lmfao

15. Dru50

I have to admit, I don't know what amazes me more. The fact that Wellar blew by the scoring cap by 40 POINTS or that he doesn't even seem to care.

(n)

16. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

I was having a bad day...lol I wanted to get Gabbert the NCAA record lol

17. Dru50

Anyway, on to the games that will count....

Some stats from the VT-Virginia game:

Ju Ju Clayton - 17-21, 358 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT
    Ryan Williams - 16 carries, 85 yards, 2 TD
    Darren Evans - 12 carries, 45 yards, 1 TD
    Jarrett Boykin - 6 catches, 177 yards, 3 TD
    Dyrell Roberts - 5 catches, 65 yards
    Jake Jackson - 3 catches, 79 yards
    Logan Thomas - 1 catch, 42 yards, 1 TD

18. Jman

Should have thought about that a little more. Your shitty attitude does not help you case.

You want to set the record for a particular player? As far as I'm concerned this is very similar to when you were running up the sack total of your D-End in the first season to try and win him a Heisman.

You've violated the scoring cap numerous times, occasionally is ok, but NOT when all games are in hand, and your games were all in hand. 100 points is fucking asinine. You will undergo recruits/scholarships lost, this is the usual penalty in all dynasty's I have ever been in for blatantly breaking the scoring cap. In addition, I will be simming you to a loss and you will not be participating in the conference championship game, period.

I'm doing this here so it is public fucking record and the notice is sent to all. This shit will not be tolerated not only in this dynasty, but on this site either, when you agree to the terms to play here you agree to all the rules and punishments will be handed out for breaking them.

This is for everyone....

I've already removed one player this week due to gameplay and attitude situations and would be happy to do the same with anyone who thinks gameplay or attitudes like this is ok. If you want to play here, follow the rules or quit and be done with it. I will no longer tolerate lackadaisical following of rules or guidelines in this dynasty, I have apparently been much too lax on things to this point, including things with myself, no more. If we have to run this thing with 6-7 guys that give a shit compared to 11 with abusers then I'm fine with that.

No more.

19. wader49

wader49 Walk On

this is bullshit wellar.

I thought it was bad last week when u were calling timeouts within the last 20 seconds and you were up almost 20. Was this is a message to the league that u can throw everyplay and score against shitty defenses?? After I shut Gabbard down to 100 yards, 0 TD, and a pick i guess he felt the need to prove a point. It takes a very talented player to get 100 points in a game but do it on your own shit man.

20. Jman

Wader, shot you a PM. Hit me back when you get a chance.

21. dakota7

Who did you already remove?

22. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Sorry kinda losing interest in the dynasty, moving kinda slow anyways. Btw you came out passing with 4 WR when you were down by 3 scores and under 30 seconds to play...so I came out in FG formation afterwards to show I could score points if I wanted. I then ran the ball and you called timeouts with under 10 seconds left. Ill retire if you want

23. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Oh and as far as the whole DE thing last year well thats just what I did on Defence, i've never tried to control any other player so I just used the DE all year. Wasn't trying to get unrealistic stats or anything thats just how i stopped the CPU. Didn't take long to adjust after you mentioned it though.

24. Jman

OK...so according to your version of this, instead of saying something you pull that stunt? Sure you're not leaving anything out in your story? Are you positive?

Its defense, not defence and yes there is a difference.

Also, I find it strange out of all of that you only respond to the DE comment.

That said, your DE had 24 sacks when I had to say something...THROUGH WEEK 9! How can you not realize that is unrealistic? You stopped the CPU soley with the DE? That means you were looping every time for the sack, it has to.

Bottom line is this, you've shown me and others that have played you thqat you have issues either a) playing sim, b) following the rules of TF, and c) having any sportsmanship/savvy whatsoever in this game.

You don't need to retire, I'll retire you when I get home. I'll also be sure to make sure ALL of the other commishioners here at TF know of your attitude and past events/violations. As far as I and many other commissioners are concerned we need to start weeding out attitudes just like yours before '11 drops.

As I've stated before, I'll gladly finish this season with 6-7 that give a shit and abide by the rules that have been set forth as well as having a true understanding of football and we'll re-structure the next season to fill it in before we finish the year with 10-11 that include know-nothing smart asses that just want to beat the CPU and nothing more. This site is about more than just winning games, its about commradery and having a place where everyone plays under the same banner and respectes eachother and the site and if anyone doesn't get that they need to get out and just go join a random EA dynasty where they can cheese all they want.

Strong words? Sure, but ones that need to be said and that I will stick by 100%.

25. Dru50

Bravo, Jman, bravo.

I'm sure the other commishes around here would wholeheartedly support everything you just said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.