Week 12 - Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jan 31, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 12 - Season 5

Hard Advance for Tuesday 9 PM Central

Injury Report
    Team Player Pos Injury Length
    Arizona Beard CB Broken Ribs 7 weeks
    Auburn White FS High ankle sprain 10 weeks
    Bowling Green Brooks HB Dislocated elbow QST
    Kent State McNair QB Broken vertebrae Out for season
    Purdue Hendrix WR Broken collarbone Out for season
    Purdue McBurse HB Torn pectoral 8 weeks
    Texas Tech Karam QB Broken hand 1 week

Recruiting Report
    School Rank 5 star 4 star 3 star 2 star 1 star Total
    UCLA #2 1 5 3 0 0 9
    Tul #4 0 6 3 1 0 10
    TTU #7 1 3 3 1 0 8
    Col #17 0 3 1 1 0 5
    Pur #20 0 2 3 0 0 5
    Ariz #21 0 2 2 1 0 5
    BG #29 0 1 1 1 0 3
    Aub #31 0 1 1 0 0 2
    Kent #38 0 0 2 0 0 2
    USM #120 0 0 0 0 0 0

National Broadcasts

#4 Ohio State 7-1 (6-0) @ #10 Purdue 8-1 (6-0)

Oklahoma 6-3 (4-3) @ #3 Texas Tech 9-1 (7-0)

#12 Auburn 8-1 (6-0) @ Georgia 5-4 (3-4)
    - Rivalry Game

#21 Arizona 7-2 (6-0) @ #2 UCLA 8-1 (6-0)

Regional Broadcasts

#18 Kent State 8-1 (5-1) @ Temple 1-8 (1-5)

#17 Bowling Green 9-0 (6-0) @ Miami University 3-6 (2-4)

#6 Tulsa 9-1 (6-1) @ Tulane 1-7 (1-5)

Memphis 3-6 (1-5) @ #1 Southern Miss 9-0 (6-0)
    - Rivalry Game

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Purdue falls to #4 Ohio State, 34-26

Things were just not meant to be tonight, and if Ohio State can overcome #5 Michigan next week they will be the out right Big Ten champs. If not, there will be a 3 way tie.

QB Denard Robinson was injured and out for the game right before the half. Also injured, and out for 4 weeks, was All American SS Chris Bennett.

Purdue was running on empty, and they picked a bad night to do so because Heisman hopeful, SR Carlos Hyde went OFF!! He destroyed the Purdue defense! Started the game off with a 59 yard run, and didn't slow down finished with 36 carries for 246 yards and 5 TDs.

Nothing we could do, great game by those guys.

Yes, tackle was on conservative. :(

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Holy crap! :eek::eek::eek:

I looked at it earlier and said aloud it should be a good game, but, damn. Denard has just been injury prone this year, alot like Beaver was for me last season.

In other news Tulsa moves to 10-1 with a 55-14 shallacking of Tulane, more on that tomorrow though.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

UCLA takes a hit from #21 Arizona. We just couldn't take care of the ball. Muffed a punt return that went back for 6, threw a pick 6, and also fumbled the ball running it into the end zone late in the first half. I swear those aggressive/conservative things mean nothing, as I had big run on conservative. Ridiculous. Great game, though, Troy. Not taking anything away from you.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Turnovers can either make or break you, usually they break me, tonight they made me. No offense taken. That fumble in the endzone was a killer. I couldn't believe it myself. But who am I to argue. It was a really good game either way though. Your defense picked a great day to get good. I struggled moving the chains all night except when it mattered the most.

Here's the the punt return scoop and score for a TD

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YNR4yt79g-Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YNR4yt79g-Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

And the Int to seal the game

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ebophui8fNc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ebophui8fNc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm curious how all this will affect my future..

Ohio State vs Michigan next week..

If Michigan wins, 3 way tie for the Big Ten
    If Ohio State wins, I'm most likely in for the Rose Bowl..

Idk..

thoughts on this? (assuming I win out)

#4 OSU (1 loss), #5 Mich (1 conf loss to Pur)

7. BDSDIGITAL

I don't know how a three way tie works in that circumstance. I do know that in real life it would just be a co-championship situation where All three of you would technically be conference champs because the Big 10 is so antiquated. It used to be that the Big 10 representative in the Rose Bowl if there was a tie like this would have been determined by who had not been to the Rose Bowl the longest. That was before the BCS though. It really hasn't been relevant during the tenure of the BCS though because of The Ohio State University has been so dominant (y)

That's just in the real world though, I don't know how it shakes out in the game.

In my opinion they need a 12th team and a championship game, but that's just me...don't get me started on that.

Edit: and you assume that if Ohio State beats Michigan you get into the Rose Bowl based on OSU going to the title game with one loss?

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, that's what I figure..

I beat Michigan soo...

I would be garunteed second..

Since #2 just went down the top 3 will be..

#1 USM
    #2 TTU
    #3 OSU

I'll have to beat TTU or USM will have to lose to Tulsa,
    that way OSU is in the championship game, that'd put me in the Rose Bowl Id assume..

Don't know what I want more, 3 way tie at the conference or a Rose Bowl appearance...ROSE BOWL!!!

I need OSU to win, and then I need to beat TTU which would make my season anyway.

9. BDSDIGITAL

Well if you get to the Rose Bowl there'll be a rematch waiting for ya...probably...unless I choke.

Tulsa will go up to 5th or 6th as well so he's still in the mix with #2 losing. especially if OSU loses, you beat Max and he beats Ike.

10. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Play of the game, IMO, was my RB deciding to lay it on the ground as he was running into the end zone. Dude was IN!

11. BDSDIGITAL

I agree 100%. Unfortunately for all of us I couldn't find that highlight.....

12. Jman

I would literally shit a brick if that happened. A brick.

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I watched it, but at the replay speed it didn't show conclusively one way or the other. Wish you could challenge in user games. I would have sprinted 100 yards to challenge that one. Of course, I would have passed out halfway through, but at least they'd notice I was on the field with the challenge!

14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I hope that happens now. I can only imagine the pain that would bring.

15. BDSDIGITAL

You can't challenge? It wouldn't have mattered anyway, it was inside two minutes in the half so it would have been a booth review.

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Nah, you can't challenge in an online user vs. user game. Also, I believe the two minute rule is just for the NFL, is it not?

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Tech beats OU 44-21

Harris struggled as his WRs were dropping like flies... Cheech managed to stay healthy throughout the game and ended up with some good stats, but no receiving TDs. He had 2 rushing TDs though! The rain definitely affected Tech's offense this game. Now the Red Raiders have a BYE week before they defend their ranking against a top-10 Purdue team in Lubbock. TTU could still backdoor their way into the NC if they remain perfect, but they will have to beat Purdue and Colorado to even have a chance.

Harris
    21/45 298yd 2TD 3INT

Charles
    10REC 164yd 0TD (Receiving)
    4ATT 45yd 2TD (Rushing)

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey Colorado is sitting just outside this conversation but with a win at Kent State and upsetting Tech in the BIG 12 Championship game we could weasel our way into the game. Dominoes would have to fall perfectly but just saying......

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

There are a bunch of teams still in it and a bunch of user games will hopefully decide who goes to the NC!!

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Man O Man.....

I saw the Dynasty HQ, and saw the madness. WTF.

Other than that, Memphis early was on full blown upset mode. I had two fumbles returned for Tds and my offense early was in shatters. Just a little rusty after the bye week. I had to start running the ball down Memphis' throat, and hit a PA pass for a TD.

Memphis' d tho, was on full blown attack mode, bad news for them though was that once I figured that out, it was over. They blitzed everytime, and I caught them twice when they went for it all and came on a all out blitz. Two long passes, and Memphis being over aggressive, 1-5 on 4th down, sealed the deal.

Tulane and Texas AM payback game. Then the big one. We need to just keep getting better, and hopefully we can peak at the right time. Looking forward to Tulsa, and who the hell knows after that.

Shrike is all thats left for this week, good shit guys.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hell yeah I want to advance tonight.....Come on mustache man lets get this thing moving. I hate the Fn bye week
    Colorado did get 2 commits. A MLB and a FS both with good size. The buffs will be very young next year. Look out in 2015 this team will be sick.

I don't even want to see UCLA on my schedule for the next couple of years. Those recruits look nasty. Whats up with that. You guys paying your young uns with hoes and dope? Yeah I know thats how LA rolls.....

22. Jman

Whoooooo, so close to advance! :D:D:D

23. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

I played my game so we are good to go.

24. Jman

Yoooooooooooooork! Turn this shit!

25. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

sorry guys I cry for the advance and fall asleep with the kiddos at 8:30 last night will advance this morning.