Week 12 Sumarries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by T2, Dec 8, 2009.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Week 12 Sumarries

Well since everyone posted week 11 games in week 10 thread here is week 12. make sure to post your week 12 game summaries here. it gets confusing to make sure everyone is posting when i have sort through 2 weeks at a time. haha

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

NIU vs Toledo

Niu loses to rivalry Toledo. In a contraversary game, Toledo was able to do what they wanted to. NIU gave up 532 yds of offense to Toledo. They were unstoppable. Toledo passed for 359 yds and ran for another 173 as they got a crucial win in the MAC race.

I will take a loss like anyone else, but this was ridiculous. I got no pressure on QB, The QB for Toledo had 7 broken tackles and all their plays were big plays. It says they only had 1 pancake block, thats horse s***. My entire defensive line was on the ground when they ran the ball. I couldn't stop anything. Have the sliders been changed recently? it just doesn't seem the same; not because I didn't win, but because I wasn't able to do anything to stop them, Period!!!

Anyway, we lost. I'm over it. Just wanted to vent!!! Its all good now!!!

Final Score:

NIU- 31

Toledo- 33

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I noticed on rivalry games that the CPU AI is absolutely ridiculous. When this starts to happen I really play conservative and just try to minimize the big plays, esoecially the passing of CPU.

4. T2

wow forever thats brutal.. i noticed the lack of pressure from the d-line i will speak with hack and well see about adjusting them some more. tough loss... but you still got a shot at the MAC title.

5. BG

BG On The Rize!

Yeah, I hope I can stop them just a little. If a team drives down the field and scores on routine, good play calling thats one thing, but getting ripped in man and zone and blitzing, never had a chance!!! I guess it makes for an interesting finish in the MAC!!!

6. T2

Purdue 11-0 #1 Rolls over lowly Michigan State 37-20

The game wasnt really as close as the score shows.

Purdue started off by forcing a Safety of Larry Caper.

INSERT VID CLIP

Purdue would finally get into the endzone after being forced to punt last time. This would be the only points of the quarter due to two(2) Purdue Fumbles by Bolden

2nd Qtr
    Bolden shot through and gave Purdue a comfortable 9-0 lead. MSU would respond with a 3yrd run by Rouse wiht 3:54 in the half. Neither team would socre again headed into half time. 9-7 Purdue.

3rd Qtr
    Purdue got the ball to start the half and Bolden added another TD from 5 yards out. He would go down in this qtr with an injury. He did not return. MSU broke the coverage and got lucky when Gantt Sliped a tackle and went 94yrd for 6. 16-14 headed into the 4th

4th Qtr
    Purdue would rely on the legs of George Brigandi would would deliever a great performance. He would put the ball in the endzone on runs from 1,9,6. Purdue was shut down again on the goal line. MSU was able to turn that into a 66yrd TD pass when McKinnly tried to jump the route and get the pick. (the ball was defected to a MSU WR who went yard) Purdue put up another 21 points in the 4th qtr.

FINAL
    PUR 37
    MSU 20

Purdue looks to cap off an undefeated season when they will travel to hated instate rival Indiana next week.

Here are is a Fact about this 2010 season.

Purdue has out scored oppenets 190 - 56

# 1 Reason we are #1!

7. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Buffalo lost to Miami(OH) 17-14 I think the final was.

8. MILMONTpa

MILMONTpa MILMONTpa

RIVALRY GAME : "The Battle for Idaho"

Boise State Broncos
    (7-4) (5-2 conf.) traveled to visit the Idaho Vandals (6-4) (4-3 conf.)

1st Qtr
    The teams trade heavyweight punches to start this one off. The Vandals fight back from a 14-0 deficet and tie the game at the end of the qtr on a beautiful pump fake 91 yd TD pass from Nathan Enderle to Jr Wr Preston Davis. Davis has emerged as a dominant force this season using his speed and ability to catch the ball in traffic. On this play he simply outran the defenders on the 91 yd strike and making the record books for Idaho. Longest TD pass in school history.
    End of 1st qtr score : Idaho 14 Boise State 14

2nd Qtr
    The teams continued to trade blows, each unable to stop the other's offense. Bronco Kellen Moore ran the option brilliantly all day long. The Vandals made a bold statement midway thru the qtr when FR saftey Chaz Cook made a crushing big hit on Bronco WR T. Shoemaker on an option sweep. Cook came in low and lifted Shoemaker off his feet dislodging the ball. Fellow FR, Jeff Douglas, CB for the Vandals scooped the ball and sprinted 39 yds for a TD. At the time Boise St. was up by two scores, so this defensive play was absolutely huge.

This qtr would continue with the teams trading scores. Kellen Moore's option prowess was the difference though as Boise State went into the half up by 7.
    End of 2nd qtr score : Idaho 28 Boise State 35

3rd Qtr
    With the Vandals driving midway thru the 3rd qtr, looking to tie the game, Bronco defender B. Thompson stepped in front of an option pitch and scored on an 89 yd fumble return. This put the Broncos up by 14 and would eventually be tagged as play of the game.
    End of 3rd qtr score : Idaho 35 Boise State 49

4th Qtr
    The Kibbie Dome in Moscow Idaho was rocking to start the 4th qtr as the fans tried to energize their hometeam. The Vandals defense finally responded and was able to slow down Kellen Moore limiting the Broncos to a FG on their first possession. Idaho struck quickly to get themselves within 10 pts. The Vandal defense then once again rose to the occassion as OLB Andre Ferguson stepped in front of a Kellen Moore option pitch, intercepted it, and took it 33 yds to the house... igniting the crowd and bringing the Vandals within 3 pts with just 2 minutes to go in the game and all three time outs remaining.

The Broncos huddled on the sideline and tried to find their character. What was said in the huddle, we'd love to know... With just under 2 minutes to go, the Broncos returned the KO 90 yds for a gut wrenching TD... essentially wiping out the Vandal crowd and all the energy the Vandals had built.

The Vandals went into desperation mode and managed to push the ball down the field and score again, but there was too little time. Bronco QB Kellen Moore converted a huge 2nd and long with under a minute to go, running yet another option keeper and wrapping this game up.

FINAL SCORE : Idaho 56 Boise State 59

KeY STATz
    :

Idaho QB Nathan Enderle : 22 comp - 43 att - 4 TDs - 0 INTs
    Idaho HB Princeton McCarty : 9 att - 20 yds - 1 rushing TD
    Idaho WR - Preston Davis : 8 rec - 208 yds - 1 TD
    Idaho WR - Patrick Mealey : 7 rec - 121 yds - 1 TD

Boise St. QB Kellen Moore : 18 comp - 24 att - 265 yds - 3 TDs - 0 INTs
    Boise St. QB Kellen Moore : 12 att - 17 yds - 1 TD
    Boise St. HB J. Avery : 17 att - 128 yds - 1 TD

Time of Possession : Boise St. 12:51 minutes - Idaho 11:18 minutes

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

CMU RALLYS OVER BALL STATE 31-21

CMU RALLYS OVER BALL STATE 31-21

[​IMG]

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    BALL 0 7 0 14 21
    CMU 14 7 7 3 31

STAT BALL CMU
    Off 304 354
    Rush 52 102
    Pass 252 (19-34) 252 (14-21)
    TO 0 1
    TOP 10:46 17:41

The Central Michigan Chippewas improve to 6-1 in conference hoping to get a shot at the MAC title game. They are now tied with Northern Illinois (7-3, 6-1) and will need them to lose next weeks game against Western Michigan in order to get a shot at the Championship game.

Central Michigan jumped to a quick lead and never looked back as they defeated Ball State.

The offense was led by JR Derek Rifenbury who threw for 245 yards with 13 completions off of 19 attempts with 3 TDs. Rifenbury leads the nation in QB rating with 179.9 and leads the MAC in passing yards, and completion percentage. .His main target was SO WR Jeremy Wilson who caught 5 passes for 78 yards with 2 TDs.

The defense was led by FS Bobby Seay who had 11 Tackles. MLB Nick Bellore had 8 tackles and 2 TFL. DE Jerome Allison had 6 tackles, 4 TFL, with 2 sacks.

The Central Michigan Chippewas will travel to play Miami (OH) who is playing well this season with a 6-4 record. They will need to win if they want to contend for a shot at the title. They will then wrap up their season against #25 Miami Hurricanes in Miami.

10. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

BOWLING GREEN STUNNED BY 1-8 EASTERN MICHIGAN, 38 - 36.

[​IMG]

More to come....(unfortunately)

11. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Slaughter in Reno; Utah State loses to #19 Nevada; 33-7

Not much to say here, Nevada had more talent and Jvigorous is a better player than I am. Good game, buddy.

12. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

GG Jam! I dont think I am that good :) but thanks. I usually don't do that well especially in the passing game. It really didnt help you that my team was the stronger team overall.

13. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Utah State @ Nevada

This game was all about execution. Nevada executed on both sides of the ball with a balanced run/pass game and alot of pressure defense.

1st Qtr
    Nevada stops the openeing drive of Utah St and then Nevada scores from 2 yards out with a run by V. Taua after driving the ball down the field. Utah St puts up a good drive and caps it off with a 9 yard run for the TD. Nevada gets on the board again with a 23 yard pass from SR QB K.Kaepernick to SR TE V.Green.

14-7 Nevada

2nd Qtr
    Nevada stops a 4th down attempt in the redzone and drives down the field for a FG. Nevada gets on the board again after a long drive for a 2 yard pass TD from Kaepernick.

24-7 Nevada

3rd Qtr
    Nevada scores 2 more times from a pass from Kaepernick to Green again and a safety. The rest of the game was run clock and substitutions.

33-7 Nevada

GG Jam, the battle of the J's. Get them recruits in man and build them team up and I'll cya on the gridiron next year.

14. jca312

jca312 Walk On

San Diego State 30-27 Wyoming

San Diego State Wins as Time Expires

[​IMG]

Brian Stahovich connects on a 24-yard field goal as time expires to lift the Aztecs past the now 1-9 Wyoming Cowboys. The Aztecs who improved to 8-2 were looking past the Cowboys to their visit to #18 Kansas State next week.

"I think we got a little bit caught up in the fact that we feel disrespected, so we looked past a tough opponent." Coach Alexander said after the game "It doesn't matter what the team your playing has done for the year, if you don't show up, you're gonna get beat. We were lucky to pull this one out in the end and I hope we learned a valuable lesson today."

Davon Brown opened the scoring for the Aztecs with 2:27 to go in the 1st quarter on a 2-yard run off right tackle. Wyoming responded with a 21-yard field goal 2:10 later and the 1st quarter closed with SDSU up 7-3.

Ryan Lindley put 14 more points on the board for the Aztecs with two touchdown passes, the first to freshman sensation Adam Henry from the 20-yardline, the second a goaline slant to Vincent Brown to put the Aztecs up 21-3 just before the half, however Wyoming added a field goal on the last play of the half to make the score 21-6.

[​IMG]
    Adam Henry's 20-yard touchdown reception​

The Aztecs opened the with a 47-yard Stahovich field goal, then Wyoming came storming back as the Aztecs' offense fell asleep. The Cowboys returned an interception 22 yards for a touchdown, threw a 65-yard touchdown pass, and after Stahovich kicked his 2nd field goal of the game, threw a 24-yard touchdown pass to tie the game with just 2:45 to play. San Diego State then drove down to the Wyoming 7-yardline and Stahovich connected for the third time on the day as time expired to give San Diego State a 3-point victory.