Week 12 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jca312, Nov 25, 2009.

1. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Week 12 Summaries

Duke 24-30 UNC

Duke losses the Victory Bell as Sean Renfree again struggles with turnovers. Shaun Draughns rushes for over 300 yards for the Tar Heels as they escape Durham with a victory. Duke finishes the season 5-7.

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Uab wins big Forrest 10 rec 194yds 3 tds but dont matter last season with UAb

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

It doesn't matter? Aren't you ranked #2, with a huge C-USA championship coming up with BCS Nation Champ implications on the line?

To win a Naty Title in this league is a great feat.... to win with UAB in your first year would be unreal!

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol i was talking about my freshman qb i have starting. He wont be qb next season

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Walk On

Houston wins looking to move up to top 25!

6. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

No Summary

I'm Disgusted with myself and my team. I fall behind i get pass ahppy and its all over 2 weeks in a row. i lost to EMU 44-38.

9 F'n INT's.

5 by one QB 4 by my other. last week 7 int's. FU(K ME

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I never seen so many picks where the guys are just reaching out a hand and snagging the ball. Damn, there EMU, how good could these guys be! There goes any chance for a bowl game down the toilet

8. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I feel your frustration, hang in there!

I would check out the QB accuracy rating of all your QBs... if you are going to sling the ball around that is your most important stat for your QB.

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

Nevada vs Utah State

The Wolfpack were able to dominate in the second half to come away with a tough victory against USU. Nevada jumped out on top of Utah early with a first qtr drive that was capped off with a 6 yd td run by Heisman Canidate, Courtney Randall. Neither offense was able to get much done in the first half, as Nevada took a 17-10 halftime lead. "I think our team kind of took the Aggies for granted. We thought they would come out and lay down to us. They had something to prove and they did exactly that."

In the second half, both offenses came alive. Nevada struck first on the opening drive of the second half which ended on a 1 yd Td run by Courtney Randall. That gave Nevada a 24-10 lead. After a three and out by Utah, Nevada hit a big pass play on the very first play of the drive. Nevada's Colin Kaepernick hit a wide open Te V. Green off the play action, which he took 41 yds for the score. The Wolfpack took what they thought was a commanding 31-10 lead.

The Agggies offense, which didn't put up huge offense numbers, were very effecient. They converted key third down plays on their scoring drives. USU would come back with some offense of their own as hooked up with 2 long td passes to end the third qtr. Nevada lead heading into the fourth qtr 38-24.

The defense of Nevada would clamp down, holding USU scoreless in the fourth qtr, as Nevada was able to put the game away. "These types of games are the kinds of games you have to win in order to go from a good team to a great team. We made a big leap in maturity and showed great character in doing so."

With the win, Nevada improves to 10-0(7-0) in the WAC with only Fresno State remaining before a big showdown with defending National Champions, Oklahoma Sooners.

The win has almost sown up the WAC Championship for Nevada who are now playing for the right to be a representative in the National Championship Game.

Final Score:

Nevada- 52

Utah State- 24

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

RED WOLVES SNEAK PAST RIVAL TROY 38-35

RED WOLVES SNEAK PAST RIVAL TROY 38-35

[​IMG]

The Arkansas State Red Wolves (6-5,4-3) are technically bowl eligible as they sneak a win from conference rival Troy (2-8,2-5) 38-25. The Red Wolves were able to drive down the field with 1:30 seconds left on the clock and kick a 28 yard field goal to win the game. This marks Arkansas States second win in a row and 7th game won or lost by a last second score.

Arkansas State's offense struggled at first but recovered and was able to only commit one turnover which is a vast improvement from previous games. The red wolves put up 431 total yards of offense with 227 yards on the ground and 204 in the air. ASU has been more dependent on their pass game but against Troy dominated the trenches as RSSR HB Derek Lawson and RSFR RB Tim Dunn combined for 227 yards and accounting for 5 touchdowns. RSSO Ryan Aplin played well with 16 completions on 26 attempts for 190 yards. Arkansas State WR Lucious Henderson made his return back after being out on injury way back since the FIU game, catching 7 passes for 92 yards.

The Red Wolves defense wasn't able to shut down the Troy offense but did force 3 costly interceptions that would define the winner of the game.

The Arkansas State Red Wolves now need one more win to assure a bowl bid after the 2010 season. It will not come easy as they will face Western Kentucky who is in quest to win the Sun Belt Championship with a win over Ark St and a FIU loss.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSSR HB #22 Derek Lawson 25 carries for 124 yards 2 TD's

[​IMG]

RSFR HB #35 Tim Dunn 12 carries for 103 yards 3 TD's