Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 12

Alright we are into Week 12. No user games this week so let's aim for Thursday night at 11pm EST. DO THOSE SUMMARIES...please :) Also, could everyone update their recruiting threads. That would make it ALOT easier for me too keep track of your recruiting. I would like you to sign here when you update your recruiting. Thanks

We lost Texas A&M to some unfortunate router problems.

We also lost Rutgers but those were less unfortunate. I booted him. We don't need dead weight for people who can't make user games.

Heisman Watch and Rankings will be updated.

2. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy vs Tennessee
    38 - 10

Rival game! The game started out as the field was covered in snow. So far this year, The Commodores have done well in rain or snow, and it didn't stop today. They scored 3 consecutive touchdowns as they rolled over Tennessee 38-10. That's 5 straight wins for Vandy, as they end their season 8-4. It seems the option is finally clicking as QB Larry Smith hit the 1,000 yard mark this game. Vandy will take off a couple of weeks to let their injured heal, and to prepare for their bowl game when announced!

Been a great season so far guys, can't wait.

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

MN - 20
    Iowa - 7

Minnesota collects the Floyd of Rosedale Pig thanks to a stout defensive performance by one of the worst defenses in the country statistically. Minnesota committed heavily to stopping the run and it worked. HB Adam Robinson carried the ball 25 times for 54 yards, a 2.1 average. Because of this, Iowa had their opportunities through the air, but couldn't take advantage of their opportunities. QB Ricki Stanzi certainly started off good, as he completed 10 of 13 passes for 100 yards. However, he went down with an injury in the 2nd quarter. His backup, James Vandenberg, was unable to match Stanzi's production.

On offense, the Gophers threw 5 interceptions between QBs Adam Weber and MarQueis Gray. On the ground, Kevin Whaley only ran for 62 yards on 16 carries. Well, how did they win? The key play of WR Eric Decker. Throughout the game, whenever the Gophers needed a big play, Decker would rise to the occasion. Decker grabbed 9 balls for 146 yards and a score. WR Ben Kuznia, who had under 300 yards receiving entering the game, caught 4 passes for 89 yards and a score.

The Gopher seniors (Decker, Campbell, Simmons, etc) end their college careers on a high note, downing the rival Hawkeyes to end the regular season.

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Oh yeah, about that recruiting...

I have 23 scholarships to give out, and no commitments yet. Clearly, I have some work to do.

5. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

My recruiting is updated every week.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

maryland recruiting has been quite quiet.

7. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Same here, I'll end up updating mine this weekend probably, but I've gotten a couple of defensive guys, that's about it

8. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

The USF Bulls took down the Louisville Cardinals 31-3. The Cardinals scored there first and last points to take a 3-0 lead. USF reeled off 31 unanswered to cruise to the victory. More details of this game came be found in the Bulls Schedule page.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

bdozer has quite the game to start off against a #6 ranked Oklahoma

10. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Indiana 28 Purdue 32

Hoosiers squander 8 point 4th quarter lead to rival Purdue, leaving them out of bowl games this year, and leaving a lot of empty faces in Bloomington. The game started with both teams being unable to cover a kickoff. Indiana's returned one for a TD, with then Purdue returned one to the 5, which led to a TD. Then Indiana returned the following kick for another TD. A really close game all the way through, Purdue just made the plays late in the game that gave them the win. Indiana had a costly fumble in the 2nd half that led to a Boilermaker TD. Overall, Indiana did some good things on offense, with QB Charles Love not throwing an INT and completing over 50% of his passes with a TD. The running game struggled to get going on this day, gaining only 84 yards on 27 carries. The defense held tough all game, only giving up 270 yards of total offense to a offense that can explode at any time.

Key stats:
    QB Charles Love, 12-21, 170 yards, 1 TD, 34 yards rushing
    RB Demetrius McCray 13 car, 34 yards, 1 TD, 5 rec, 56 yards
    WR Turner 2 rec, 66 yards, 1 TD, 4 KOR, 151 yards, 1 TD

11. On a snowy Saturday afternoon, backup RB Christian Ducre rushed for four touchdowns as the Mississippi State Bulldogs rallied to beat the Arkansas Razorbacks 41-24.

Mississippi State's option-oriented offense seemed to click, at the Bulldogs ran for 294 yards, spreading it out between RB's Anthony Dixon (62), Ducre (71), and Arnil Stallworth (47), and QB's Tyson Lee (30) at Chris Relf (78).

Ducre's 4 touchdowns surpassed his total from the previous 10 games. He scored two of them right from the goal line, and two from approximately 20 yards out.

Arkansas got off to a quick 14-0 lead, but the Bulldogs tied it at 17 with a FG with 0 seconds left in the first half. The Bulldogs dominated the second half.

Aside: What do I need to be saying about recruitment, and where?

12. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

We missed the advance :confused:

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

yea sorry about that i was giving the newcomers some time to get their games in and forgot to post. thats my bad. we will adv tonight by midnight.

14. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

No worries. Thanks for the sig.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

no prob...just waiting on texas tech now...still hasn't accepted the invite..