Week 12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Aug 25, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Week 12

Week 12 is open. I had to Sim the Ole Miss -Tenn game. If Tincup doesn't have his internet problem fixed I will put him on auto for this weeks game. The sliders were changed some to make the CPU a little more competitve. They are posted in the league description. Would like to advance Saturday morning.

2. lilmaggie

Well Clemson scored 73 points. There is a 70 point cap, but my post is concerning the sliders again. I can barely beat the cpu, HOW DO YOU GUYS SCORE THAT MANY POINTS? Maybe I just suck.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Wow, what's the consequences of breaking the cap??? Kinda ruins the whole point of having awards and such, not to mention sim play. I'm not even sure how you score 70, the sportsmanship thing goes crazy with negative points once you're up by more than 2 TDs in the 2nd half.

As for you Lilmaggie, I'd dare to say that Clemson is better than Maryland but I'm just guessing so I suppose that may have something to do with it. Also it depends on who you play. I honestly think the sliders need some huge tweaking now. I'll do some more testing and see what happens.

Obviously we have a variety of skills in this league and that's fine. We need to create a challenging atmosphere where we aren't able to do this to the CPU though even if that means that some teams will end up with only 6 or 7 wins a year. I think that could even make it interesting since trying to get that 6th win and become bowl eligible is maybe more fun than beating the CPU by 50+ points.

4. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

OK...

In the first quarter both Clemson and VA moved the ball well. By the 2nd Q, VA stopped moving the ball. 2nd half I just ran the ball. The problem is, that is a strength of Clemson. Ran it with Spiller for around 20 carries. Then plugged in backup RB who also ran for about 150. I dunno everything worked today on offense.

Usually I can run against the comp (but not user) but cant pass against either. Today my QB played good as well.

By the way, you dont get negative sportsmanship points for running the ball in the 2nd half. I usually get them cuz I burn the clock in the 4q. For some reason I didnt this game. I dunno maybe b/c it was senior day. Maybe b/c VA scored 20 in the 1st half. My bad.

As for punishment, what do you suggest? Take away 5 star recruits? 4 star recruits? Ill stand by whatever punishment is meted out.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

If all he did was run the ball in the 2nd half and he wasn't throwing, and his backup had 150 yds what's the big deal? He can't make Virginia have any heart.....Are we just trying to make sure Tebow wins the Heisman or what's the deal here???? I don't think it's that big of a deal Beazus, but then again it's not my opinion that counts.

6. GoGators

No, I'm not trying to make sure Tebow wins the heisman. I'm trying to make sure it's a fair playing field for everyone in the league. I'm sure there's been games for other people who could have gone over the 70 point cap and didn't because it's listed in the rules section.

I have no problem with how Beazus executed the 70 points. I read the game post and it was cool he put his backups and stuff in. I'm great with all that. My issue is, and this I believe has happened to Hokie as well, is that I've been up that much in games but rather than continue to score I'll take fair catches or run out of bounds or just continue to run clock rather than light up the score board.

Also, I don't care whether or not Beazus gets punished. I just brought the rule up for clarification. If it's fine to just run the ball and use backups in the 2nd half regardless of score so be it. If not, and we need to keep it below 70 then what's the deal.

For example, I play FIU this week. Much softer than Virginia, is it OK if I put up 120 pts with Chris Rainey as my backup RB if all I do is give him the rock in the 2nd half? Just looking for clarification.

Also, as I stated, this is clear evidence that we need much more difficult sliders.

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Need to find out what the sliders are in OFFL West. I am Penn State and just recently lost to CPU Northwestern. Granted I made some bonehead plays, but the cpu's D contained my running game and their offense was productive enough to pull off the upset with the help of some costly turnovers.

8. GoGators

Those are posted in the OFFL E league thread. They're VARSITY sliders. Definitely challenging, but I'm thinking the level of outrage caused in this league by using them would be enormous.

9. Beazus Christ

Yeah...

Ive been in situations in the Tradition (I think in this league specifically) where Ill run up a 42 point lead in the second half and then just kick fgs so I dont go over the point maximum. I shoulda done the same this game. Yall dont have to worry about me bending the rules no more. But, like I said, Ill stand punishment is meted out.

10. GoGators

A warnings cool with me on first offense. I think losing a 5 star recruit or something like that is too much. I don't think it needs any sanctions, we just need to make sure we all adhere to the same rules.

Just know that if CJ wins the heisman, it's tainted. Just like in baseball[​IMG]

hahaha

11. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I think a warning is OK...

12. Beazus Christ

Dayum you turned CJ into Barry Bonds...thats messed up

13. lilmaggie

3 games left. Bfruchey and tincuo have a user game and then UNC and Tennessee have CPU games. Get those done and we will advance.

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

UNC's game is done.

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Looks like we are just waiting on Georgia and Tenn who both have cpu games, but they haven't logged into dynasty in 3 days. I say we advance tomorrow regardless. Anxious for the Florida vs FSU match up.

16. GoGators

So is

[​IMG]

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ive played. You can advance now, everyones done