Week 13 2010

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 17, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Week 13 2010

Getting close. Let's blast through these 5 user games by Wednesday night.

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-10) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 35-0 against UAB (6-5).
    This week, the Eagles will host UL Monroe (3-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) HB Joe Waters has committed to Eastern Michigan
    - (***) RT Adam Holley has committed to Eastern Michigan

=============== Idaho Vandals (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 41-28 against Western Michigan (8-3).
    This week, the Vandals will host Nevada (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Kevin Smith has committed to UNLV
    - (**) ROLB Greg Morton has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (4-7) ===============
    Last week, Kent State lost 45-28 against UL Monroe (3-8).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Arkansas State (3-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) TE Anthony Campbell has committed to Kent State
    - (**) CB Ernest Harrison has committed to Kent State
    - (**) RT Corey Harris has committed to Kent State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-7) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 28-24 against Army (9-2).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Mid Tenn State (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) DT Matt Hines has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (***) RG Marcus Bonds has committed to North Carolina
    - (***) CB Gerald Fry has committed to Ohio

=============== UAB Blazers (6-5) ===============
    Last week, UAB won 35-0 against Eastern Michigan (0-10).
    This week, the Blazers will host Army (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) WR Dan Holt has committed to UAB
    - (***) WR Kelvin Paris has committed to UAB
    - (**) RT Dominic Banks has committed to UAB
    - (**) WR Jon Douglas has committed to UAB

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (3-8) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 45-28 against Kent State (4-7).
    This week, the Warhawks travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-10).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Corey Porter has committed to UL Monroe
    - (*) LOLB Devin Austin has committed to UL Monroe
    - (*) QB Alexander Hardy has committed to UL Monroe

=============== Western Michigan Broncos (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan lost 41-28 against Idaho (5-6).
    This week, the Broncos travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (8-3).

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-8) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State lost 42-21 against Mid Tenn State (7-4).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Kent to face the Kent State Golden Flashes (4-7).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Kevin Wyatt has committed to TCU

=============== Utah State Aggies (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 45-17 against UL Lafayette (6-6).
    This week, the Aggies will host Western Michigan (8-3).

=============== Army Black Knights (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Army won 28-24 against Western Kentucky (4-7).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Birmingham to face the UAB Blazers (6-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Jay Newton has committed to USF
    - (***) QB Will Williams has committed to Ohio State
    - (***) RE Quinton Newberry has committed to North Carolina

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (7-4) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 42-21 against Arkansas State (3-8).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-7).

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (6-6) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 45-17 against Utah State (8-3).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Todd Mann has committed to UL Lafayette

2. DirtycashDylan

We never did hear what happened in last week's Mid Tenn/ASU game: Legacy should have written a game summary and Deaf shoulda added a scouting report on Legacy. Let's knock that out guys.

3. Legacy

Legacy Walk On

4. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

MOSCOW -

In their last game in a Vandal uniform, the Idaho seniors led the team to a solid 31-21 win over the Nevada Wolfpack.

After jumping out to 14 point first quarter lead, the Wolfpack answered and cut the deficit to 7 with two minutes in left in the half. Idaho's no-huddle offense, led by quarterback Nathan Enderle, was able to methodically march down the field before stalling on 3rd and goal with 3 seconds left and settling for a field goal to make it a two score game once again.

The teams traded touchdowns in the 3rd and 4th quarters; Idaho's coming on a 33-yard corner route Enderle strike to sophomore receiver Preston Davis and a 10 yard scamper to ice the game with just over a minute to play.

Player of the game honors go to qb Nathan Enderle, who finished the game with 20 completions on 36 attempts for 306 yards including 2 TD's and 2 INT's.

This concludes the 2010 season of Idaho Vandals football. The team finishes at 6-6, 4-4 in CUSA play. Nevada drops to 6-5 on the season.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Army - 7
    UAB - 24

In a game surely lilmaggie thought he should win, and probably very well could have, the Blazers managed to hold and beat Army at home to finish the regular season 7-5. The Cadets out gained the Blazers 247 - 140 and really controlled the tempo of the game. However, the Army kicker missed 2 FG's in the 40 yard range and with the score 10-7, UAB took a 3rd and short pass thrown by Army to the house to make it 10 point game.

The Bend But Dont Break defense of the Blazers worked well in this one, allowing Army inside our territory on numerous occasions but either forced turnovers, missed FG's or punts.

Good game lilmaggie. Ugly win for us but we'll take it!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    1 2 3 4 F
    Army 7 0 0 0 7
    UAB 0 10 7 7 24

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Army UAB
    First Downs 15 7
    Total Yards 247 140
    Rushes-Yards-TD 26-45-0 18-41-1
    Comp-Att-TD 13-27-1 6-14-1
    Passing Yards 202 99
    Turnovers 3 2
    Fum 0 0
    Int 3 2

Passing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Name Comp Att Yards TD Int
    David Isabelle, UAB 6 14 99 1 2
    Trent Steelman, Army 11 25 180 0 3

Rushing
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Att Yards Avg TD
    Justin Brooks, UAB 10 34 3.4 1
    Patrick Mealy, Army 13 56 4.3 0

Receiving
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5
    Name Rec Yds Avg Td
    Jefferey Anderson, UAB 2 35 17.5 1
    David Brooks, Army 4 39 9.8 1

Defense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Name Tks SK Int FF FR TD
    Hiram Atwater, SS, UAB 2 0 2 0 0 1
    Donnie Dixon, SS, Army 6 0 1 0 0 0

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Western Michigan 34
    Utah State 10

In what was nearly a C-USA championship game preview the Broncos went to Provo and dominated. WMU quickly established a 17-0 lead but Utah State was able to get its only TD of the game with :04 in the half. Utah State did receive and had their one shot to get the came close but failed to. WMU was able to respond to stretch the lead to 24-7 and it wouldn't get any closer. WMU set out to contain the explosive USU running game and that's what they did. HB Robert Turbin was held to 7 carries for 41 yards and QB Diondre Borel was held to 8 carries for 32 yards.

WMU is just happy to finish the season at 9-3 and looking forward to a shitty December bowl game.

7. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

So Fight, Fight For Ole' EMU and VICTORY!

While the rest of the league were counting their wins and counting their conquests in C-USA, beating the big boys, etc... Back in little ole Ypsilanti, Michigan was a team that was consistently being beaten and battered by teams that were just a bit faster, stronger and more talented then them. Then throw in the fact that EMU hadn't won a game last year and started off the 2010 campaign 0-10, things weren't looking too promising coming into the final two home games at Rynearson Stadium. The weather was going to be cold, there were going to be 2000 fans at the stadium, etc.. However, no one would quite expect what happened when U of L Monroe came into Rynearson.

The Eastern Michigan Eagles got off the preverbial snide with an ugly 12-7 victory against UL Monroe. The Eagles defense were the stars of the contest, limiting ULM's running back who had run all over the rest of the league and the country to no really significant big runs. In addition, the Eagles forced an incredible 5 turnovers on the contest. The Eagles turned these turnovers into 9 of their points, enough for the victory in the contest.

The cold definitely affected ULM a ton more than it did for the inspired Eagles. ULM suffered through a ton of key drops and their QB was off on many passes. It was a bit unfortunate for the opposition, but it brings up the valid point that the southern teams can't handle the cold!

As for the description of the contest. The Eagles opened up the scoring with a FG after ULM's first turnover early on in the first quarter to make the score 3-0. After a second interception, the Eagles were able to then convert that into a second FG, making the score 6-0 after one quarter.

In the second, the Eagles put together one decent drive after a stop of ULM and ultimately recorded, you guess it a third FG to make the score 9-0. The scoring in the first half was concluded when the ULM QB threw an interception in the dying seconds of the first half setting up the fourth and final field goal of the contest, giving the Eagles a 12-0 lead at half.

In the third quarter, ULM made the contest nerve wrecking, putting together a nice drive ironically after an interception that had put the Eagles back near their own goalposts. ULM would ultimately score on a Rainey TD run to put the score within 12-7 late in the third quarter. The fourth quarter was a defensive struggle and ultimately the contest came down to the final possession in which ULM failed on a 4th-and-12, to give the Eagles the victory.

Needless to say the Eagles didn't know exactly what to do with a win. In one particular instance, the Eagles ran the clock down too far to get a delay of game penalty.. but after the Rynearson Stadium scoreboard read 0:00, the Eagles were relieved that they were able to get a victory on the campaign.

"The key was that we were able to get ULM into a lot of 2nd and long, 3rd and long situations." said Coach TheCrumbIsHere. "We did a good job forcing ULM to throw the ball and thankfully they didn't have a ton of success. However, we would be lying if we didn't feel a bit fortunate with a few of the drops that came on the contest."

The Eagles(1-10) conclude the campaign at home with Central Michigan coming into Rynearson Stadium.

8. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Congrats EMU.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, congrats Crumb!

10. DirtycashDylan

I thought you were gonna try to shoot the moon?

Congrats on the win, Crumb.

11. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

That's the biggest win of the dynasty so far.

12. DirtycashDylan

Not seeing too much urgency w the ASU Kent game scheduling. Legacy and I will play Thurs afternoon and then I'll be advancing before I go to work.

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Urgency? When the fuck were we supposed to play? I work from about 7:30-6 every day and he can't play after 6. Unless its after midnight. I'm not staying up til 1 in the morning to play. Besides, we waited forever on fucking Snoopy and Utah St's game. You advanced that one on Friday afternoon cuz I played my game Friday evening. THey didn't play til F ing Monday night. That's 4 nights it took them to play, we just haven't been able to the first two days.

14. DirtycashDylan

Yeah, those douches took the whole 3 days when we couldve adv in 2. I'm just saying in you guys' scheduling it feels like "I can play these 3 hours of the day" "well I can play these 4 hours" and he hasn't even posted since Tuesday. Im just saying tonight is day 3. That's what I gave ULL USU: sat sun mon. Get his phone number and text him sometime and get it done. Get it done Jordan.

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well you know how it is man... I work a normal job so during the week I'm not gonna be able to play until like 6 and I don't wanna be up really late getting a game in.

16. DirtycashDylan

You guys got tonight too. I'll adv when I get home.

17. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

we already played...