Week 13 2012 Now Open - Deadline 12.2.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Nov 29, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 13 Now Open

Please Complete by December 2, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

*FYI - I am out of town on business and my laptop somehow has gotten F'd up. The power plug in no longer works so my internet access is limited to the PS3 and my phone.

** I also put colts and vols on autopilot due to their busy schedules.

GBN v. GBN =

Akron (DJ) @ Kent State (Commish)

Toledo (Colts)** @ Bowling Green (Sox)

Northern Illinois (Vols)** @ Temple (Radio)

If you guys could start your own scheduling threads (or schedule here in this thread that would be appreciated)

DJ - I am trying to save laptop power so your best bet to get a hold of me is on PSN. However, I'll also try to remember to keep my AIM (clw22580) up and running on my phone. The hotel internet appears to be o.k. If it doesn't work the good news is I don't think this trip is going to last longer than our deadline. Hit me up on either PSN or on my phone to schedule our game. I'll pretty much be around every night and probably all day tomorrow.

2. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

ok will do. i'll contact you thru phone, as with me thats the best way to contact me, won't get on psn till later tonight. also tomorrow im off so that looks like a good look!. cell number 941 587 0766

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Miami walks through a visually unpleasant finale vs. arch rival, Ohio. In the Battle for the Bricks, the Redhawks get laid. Miami looked horrible. It was cold, snowy, and a little windy, but this looked like a Randy Shannon team. Receivers not looking for the ball, the QB missing guys by 10 yards, and the kicker missing a chip shot. In fact, here's how the entire game turned around on itself.

In the first Miami could advance, but not score. It was a wintry day, so it should have been a low scoring day. Ohio was not doing anything on offense. Our D was locked in and forced another 3 and out. The punt was fielded but not protected and DJ Brown got stripped. Ohio picked up the gift and trottted in the 26 yards for the gift score. In our next possession, Miami hits a long bomb to Andrew Cruse but he can't outrun the DB because like all the Miami players, he's just not that fast. We have to settled for a field goal, but Jim Broadway shanks the 21 yard attempt. Not even close. The controller didn't register the down swipe and the meter hit the floor. It was painful to watch. So Ohio takes over at the 20. Dan Anderson proceeds to take the handoff, hit a crease, and go 80 yards for the score. 14-0 Ohio. Are you kidding me?

We got back into the game, but a lack of intensity and six dropped passes (three by John Coltraine) meant Ohio would not go away. It was 21-21 late in the 4th and Miami needed to drive for a score. Instead, Zac Dysert underthrew a wideopen Jack Spade and got picked off. That set up the GW FG, which put the final nail in this year's coffin.

Thanks for coming everyone, leave your jerseys in the box on the way out the door.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Miami U goes from 1-11 to MAC title game and NIU gets a ranking!!!

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple puts a beat down on the CPU controlled NIU Huskies. Temple went 3 and out on it's opening possession and that would be it's only punt of the game. Temple scored points on every other drive save a fumble and missed FG.

Vols, on the outside chance you could play late tonight (midnight or so), let the commish know and he can throw out the results and we can play it for real.

I feel like I stole our division this year. Finished 11-1 (8-0) but didn't play CLW, and got wins against CPU controlled Dat U and NIU. Couple that with a sim win against Sox and missing ND as well.

6. alemic

alemic Walk On

Sigh I would love do to a long and detailed recap however I just got spanked by a better team lol. This Eastern Michigan project is going to take some time

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Oh why do you continue to taunt me!

8. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Welcome to the gbn alemic lmao...it is a uphill battle for us all

9. alemic

alemic Walk On

haha thanks man.. it should be fun... predicting a 3 win season next year needless to say the entire state of Michigan is excited

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

How do you know we're playing next year?

11. alemic

alemic Walk On

I'm hacking CLW's account as we speak

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

We can only play once! Otherwise, people will get suspscious...

13. alemic

alemic Walk On

Well damn there goes my entire schedule...