Week 13, 2012

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Ben, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Walk On

This week we have 3 user vs. user games. First we have #3 Michigan traveling to #4 Ohio St. to play in their annual rivalry game. This game as huge implications because both these teams will most likely meet again only 2 weeks from now in the Big Ten Conference Championship game. This game will be a "feeling out the opponent" type game, but is huge none the less. Braxton Miller will continue to campaign for the Heisman as Denard Robinson will try to continue the great season he has had. All we know about the Big Ten at this point is that one of these two teams will end up winning the conference

Next we have #2 Florida traveling to Doak Campbell Stadium to take on #21 Florida St. Florida St. has the best offense in the country, but the Gators are no slouch as they have proven all year. Florida will look to continue their perfect season and win a tough rivalry gm.

The last user game is against the heated instate rivals GT-Georgia. This year hasn't gone right for either one of these teams and they will both look to right the ship before Bowl week. These two teams hate each other with a passion, which makes it that much better of a game to watch and play in. Due to lack of talent this game has been underplayed in most of recent history, but these two teams can still turn out some good fights.

#2 Florida @ #21 Florida St.
    # 20 Georgia Tech @ #18 Georgia
    #3 Michigan @ #4 Ohio St.
    #5 Wisconsin @ Penn St.​
    Virginia @ #1 Virginia Tech
    #10 Notre Dame @ #13 USC​
    #11 LSU @ #23 Arkansas
    #7 Auburn @ #16 Alabama​
    Goodluck this week Gents!​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Big Ten is too dominant

3. Ben

Ben Walk On

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I'm glad I only dropped to 5 after that loss.

5. Ben

Ben Walk On

Georgia falls to hated rival in Overtime thriller!

When Georgia took the field on saturday they had high hopes of beating their rivals just 70 miles to the north, but they would find this goal would not be easy to accomplish. Both Georgia and Georgia Tech struggled to move the ball in the first half. The score was 7-0 UGA up going into halftime. The score remained the same until the fourth quarter were GT picked up its offensive production. The game was tied 14-14 all the way down to the final seconds of the 4th quarter. OT: Georgia Tech lost the coin toss and Georgia elected to defend. Tech moved the ball and ended up scoring to take a 7 point lead. Now it was Georgia's turn. Murray had been benched so it was QB Hudson Mason who got the nod. On his first pass of overtime he threw an int into coverage, which iced the game. Sanford Stadium was dead silent, except for the few GT fans who were able to get tickets and were celebrating, as the masses left the stadium.

Coach Richt had this to say after the game, "I talked to Murray after the game and told him how ashamed I was. I've made a hard decision and I I've thought about it quite a while. I'm making Hudson Mason starting QB to end the year. I don't want Murray out there anymore." As he said this he left the podium with his head down.

Aaron Murray showed just how unconfident he was today. He missed a wide open Tavarres King for what would have been the go ahead score with under a minute to play in the game. He also missed a wide open Michael Bennett a few times in the game. He also under threw quite a few passes. His final stats were 9/25 170 yards passing and 1 TD/3 INT's.

It is clear the Aaron Murray show is over in Athens. So here is a pic you can all remember him by. This pic shows Aaron Murray doing what he does best...
    421A0001_27_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Fjv.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Just pounded Bama 57-3 and the games froze, Im gonna haft to replay it

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Stupid thing just froze again 2 min into the game, its not a game freeze, its like a system freeze cuz I cant even push the ps3 button on the controller to exit the game I haft to turn off the power... I'm going to try again

8. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well Auburn beats Bama but it was not the blowout win the 1st game was, Bama scored early in the game and jumped out to a lead but the tigers fough back to win big, 2 late score by bama made it look closer than it was, Auburn is preparing for the SEC champ game vs Florida​
    ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 01 21.10.jpg ScreenHunter_04 Aug. 01 21.11.jpg

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisc 35 PSU 28

Wisconsin almost loses their final game in Happy Valley. But a win is a win and it puts Wisc to 11-1 on the season. Ball had 22 carries 86 Yds and 2 Td while James White had 13 carries for 87 Yds and 1 td. Wisconsin will sit a wait to find out who they will be playing in a bowl game this year.

10. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

IRISH POUND USC ON ROAD, AWAIT BOWL DESTINY
    With a probable BCS bid and much more on the line, the Fighting Irish traveled to LA and played like champions, thumping Matt Barkley and USC, 35-10.

Cierre Wood won the battle of Heisman hopefuls, amassing 140 all-purpose yards and three scores. Matt Barkley was held in check all day, completing only 50% of his passes while throwing 3 picks and failing to throw a TD for the first time all season. USC was held to just 234 total yards.

Tommy Rees was solid, hooking up with big Tyler Eifert for 5 catches, 119 yards and a score.

The Irish now await their bowl dynasty, and after a win over #4 Michigan and road wins against Oklahoma and USC, a BCS bowl looks like a lock.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  11. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

The Va Tech offense played a balanced and good game against their rival the Virginia Cavaliers and ran them out of Lane Stadium as the Hokies win 41 to 3. Logan Thomas and the offense was clicking today with 165 yards rushing and 155 yards passing, well balanced according to Coach Ransom. "Our offense has been rough at times, but when they are clicking, they are good". Thomas was 8 of 12 passing to go along with 4 touchdowns and Tony Gregory had his 2nd 100 yard game in the last 3 weeks. Marcus Davis had a very good day 3 receptions, 91 yards, and 3 touchdowns. The Hokies know that a rematch against Florida State is on the horizon this time its in the ACC Championship Game.