Week 13 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Just beat North Carolina on a last second field goal in the snow..haha I seriously have way to many close games..

3. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan rips off the Hawkeyes' talons, beating them 63-24

Today was a great end to Denard Robinson's regular season college career. After throwing an interception on Michigan's opening drive, Denard Robinson bounced back with the best passing game of his career. He passed the ball 24/28 with 335 yards and 7 TDs(to 4 diff receivers). He also ran the ball for 96 yards and a TD. This game looked out of reach at halftime with the score 42-14, but Iowa quickly scored to open the second half so Michigan was forced to put starters back in for a couple more series.

Since the Big 12 doesn't have a conference championship, the Michigan Wolverines have a chance to play spoiler to the Irish next week in the Big 10 championship game. Notre Dame is only 3 points behind Oklahoma State so a win in the conference championship should secure the #2 spot for the Irish.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Finally got through another freeze fest, this time it locked up at the pre game load screen each time. Think there is something wrong with my disk, not sure what to do about it though because I got it off amazon, don't want to wait for a new disk, but it might come to that. Can't stand all these freezes and restarts. Sorry about this crap guys, never had it this bad before.

5. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Maybe once the new season starts one of us can play your cpu games for you. I don't want to see a scrubby cpu in the conf championship so I'd gladly do it :p

6. Wick36

Did you save it to your hard drive?

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

That's always one if the first things I do, but this go around the HD was full when I got the game and i didn't have time to right away. By the time i tried to, my wife had taken the game out one day and (huge pet peave of mine!!!) left the disk on the table. Of course it got a tiny little scratch you can hardly see, but apparently it was in an important spot because I've been getting freezes and disk read errors like crazy. Every time i tried to install the game, disk read error half way through.

All this to say, i finally got it to work after staying up all night to figure it out. Like any enterprising American, I went to YouTube for answers. There are a lot of ridiculous tricks to fix a scratch, and I wouldn't do any of them, but I was desperate. So I tried the one that seemed most reasonable, slathering the nick with chapstick. Miraculously, it worked like a charm. Xbox stopped sounding like a helicopter when reading the disk, so I tried to install it, and it worked on the first try. This after probably 50 serious tries to do it. Played a ranked game right after to see if a difference, and it was 100 times smoother. Hopefully my issues are over, being installed should make the disk issue less of a problem, still can't believe that stupid trick works.

Thanks for being patient with me guys, I know how bad those freaking restarts look.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Drops Frustrating Game to Miami; 34-27

For the 2nd straight week, the Demon Deacon defense waited until the 2nd half to show up. The Hurricanes went up 24-7 early in the 2nd quarter, thanks in most part to RB Mike James, who broke no fewer than 5 tackles on an opening 6 play TD drive to open the game. It would be the story of the night, as James was virtually impossible to wrap up. (personal note; it was fucking ridiculous how many times James would get wrapped up and slip free. If I didn't have 2 guys on him, he wasn't going down. He'd run into a 4-4 run blitz and just bounce around until he fell forward for 6 yards. I've played enough games to know when shit is just stupid. Moving on)

A TD just before halftime would cut the lead to a manageable 24-14. Wake would receive the 2nd half kick and would make some progress, but in the end settled for a FG that cut it to a one score game. The two teams would trade FGs in the 4th, but Miami would end up icing the game with a Mike James led drive. Then Miami showed their true character. With about a minute left, Miami picked up their only 3rd down conversion of the game, and with Wake out of timeouts, the game was over. Except Miami continued to drive towards the end zone and would score with 48 seconds left. It almost came back to haunt them, as Wake would take the ensuing kickoff and drive for a TD in just 4 plays. With 15 seconds left, an onside kick was unsuccessful and Miami escaped with the win.

Fortunately for the Demon Deacons, the division was already wrapped up (I think), but their one week stint as a ranked team will end just as quickly as it began. The season finale against Vanderbilt comes next week before the ACC Championship Game.

9. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

This is one issue I've always had with EA games. Sometimes the game decides you're just not going to win, whether it's dropped INTs, missed tackles, dropped wide open passes, etc---I played in a madden challenge in Miami once. Was in the final game which woulda sent me to Hawaii if I won and Priest Holmes fumbled the ball 3 times in the game lol. Typical random bs

10. Wick36

Texas beats Iowa State Easily
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Oklahoma State Wins Shootout
    49-33
    The Texas Tech Red Raiders came into still water looking to continue their overachieving season. For a half, it appeared as though the Cowboys would succumb to the Red Raider attack. Texas Tech had a disappointing first quarter and that's what eventually lead to the 16 point victory. The home team would eventually pull away with superior depth in the second half. Once again the defense gave up a ton of yards, but there were plenty of defensive stops which allowed the Cowboys to pull away. Fans saw an exciting game full of offense (over 950 total yards). The undefeated Cowboys are looking forward to the big one next week... Bedlam. The Cowboys have a chance to finish the season undefeated and are in prime position to gain an invite the BCS Championship Game. Despite the exciting possibilities of the offseason, the Pokes won't be looking past the hated Sooners.