Week 13 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Nov 19, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (3-8) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 41-24 against Kent State (8-3).
    This week, the Eagles will host Army (1-10).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Ben Stevenson has committed to Wisconsin
    - (***) WR James McCauley has committed to Eastern Michigan

=============== Idaho Vandals (5-6) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 66-34 against Washington State (0-10).
    This week, the Vandals will host UAB (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Chris Hughes has committed to Idaho
    - (***) WR Mario Tucker has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (8-3) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 41-24 against Eastern Michigan (3-8).
    This week, the Golden Flashes travel to Bowling Green to face the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (9-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Terrance Mitchell has committed to Kent State
    - (**) CB Jeremy Rice has committed to Kent State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (9-2) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky lost 56-49 against Western Michigan (10-1).
    This week, the Hilltoppers will host Kent State (8-3).

=============== UAB Blazers (7-4) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 31-18 against Mid Tenn State (6-5).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (5-6).

=============== Army Black Knights (1-10) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 42-21 against UL Lafayette (8-3).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (3-8).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Mark Luke has committed to Army
    - (**) CB B.J. Cook has committed to Army
    - (**) ROLB Dave Thompson has committed to Army

=============== #8 Western Michigan Broncos (10-1) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 56-49 against Western Kentucky (9-2).
    This week, the Broncos will host Arkansas State (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) TE Travis Johnson has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (4-6) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 37-31 against Utah State (5-5).
    This week, the Red Wolves travel to Kalamazoo to face the #8 Western Michigan Broncos (10-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arkansas State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Brian Miller has committed to Tulsa
    - (**) RG Dan Woods has committed to Arkansas State

=============== Utah State Aggies (5-5) ===============
    Last week, Utah State lost 37-31 against Arkansas State (4-6).
    This week, the Aggies travel to Stanford to face the #11 Stanford Cardinal (7-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) FS Austin Smith has committed to Hawai'i
    - (***) WR Vincent Smith has committed to Oklahoma State
    - (***) HB Tom Brooks has committed to SMU
    - (*) K Teddy Alexander has committed to Utah State
    - (***) RE Kevin Scott has committed to Utah State
    - (***) HB Jason Robinson has committed to Utah State
    - (***) HB Billy McClain has committed to Utah State
    - (***) WR Ryan Jackson has committed to Utah State

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (5-6) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe lost 49-42 against West Virginia (7-2).
    This week, the Warhawks will host UL Lafayette (8-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Antoine Bullock has committed to UL Monroe
    - (***) ROLB David Sharp has committed to Louisiana Tech
    - (***) LG Ricky Scott has committed to UL Monroe

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (6-5) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 31-18 against UAB (7-4).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Gainesville to face the #23 Florida Gators (7-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) WR Zac Brock has committed to Mid Tenn State
    - (**) WR Pierre Cutler has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (8-3) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette won 42-21 against Army (1-10).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Monroe to face the UL Monroe Warhawks (5-6).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Jason Cooper has committed to UL Lafayette
    - (***) LT Dan Lowe has committed to Texas A&M
    - (***) CB Zach Robinson has committed to UL Lafayette
    - (***) TE Scott Dixon has committed to UL Lafayette

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Two conference losses in as many hours. I have to think that missing my best LB had something to do with that. Not sure what my team is gonna look like next year...

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kent St would be set for a double header last night. After downing Eastern Michigan in the first game, the Golden Flashes would battle Western Kentucky for second place in the division. This one would be back and forth all night and even after all that battling, these two would still need extra time to seperate them.

James Franklin showed off his abilities for the last time in conference play as he prepares to move on early to the NFL after this season. He did go out with a bang though as he threw for 409 yards and four touchdowns. For Kent St, McCloud certainly held his own throwing for 354 yards and two touchdowns, but the Golden Flashes put this one on the back of 5'8, 167-pound Rob Holloman and he didn't disappoint. The pint-sized Holloman carried the ball 24 times for 214 yards and 5 touchdowns.

In the 4th quarter, the Hilltoppers would strike for a touchdown to make it a 47-42 lead. However, on the ensuing two point conversion, Franklin would run the option and make the pitch right into the arms of Kent State defensive tackle Jerome Davis. The 6'2, 300-pound Davis would then rumble the length of the field for two points the other way making it 47-44. Once getting the ball back, the Golden Flashes marched down the field as WKU was unable to stop the run until it got down to the goaline. A big stop led to 4th and goal at the 1 and Kent State settled for the field goal to tie it at 47.

That would lead this one to overtime and on the first play, Holloman would bust it for a 25-yard touchdown run and put the pressure immediately on the Hilltoppers. After getting a first down at the 10, the Hilltoppers would have a run stuffed on first down. Then on 4th and goal, last chance for WKU, Franklin would fire one to the back of the endzone only to see it batted down and the Golden Flashes would celebrate as they hope for a bowl game victory to give them a 10 win season...

Suck it Dirtycash.

4. nikpin

So who wants me to throw this game just so snoopy has a shot of getting hosed?

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'd find it awesome...I think you should do it...

6. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

fuck the both of yous

7. nikpin

Hopefully he plays ULM first.

8. DirtycashDylan

So what do you think the chances of Franklin not going pro are? I'd say 15%.

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Dirtycash, if it makes you feel any better...My DT that housed your option pitch was a 77 speed.

10. nikpin

I think we are praying. I'm just hoping Robert Bolden and Silas Redd stay but you gave them both a push the wrong way.

11. DirtycashDylan

nope

12. DirtycashDylan

Are they gonna make AA?

13. nikpin

I'm thinking no but ya never know. Bolden has a shot at 2nd team but he doesn't have the passing #'s as some of the others but a decent amount of rushing TDs. Redd has a shot becasue he's got pretty good receiving #'s but his rushing #'s aren't elite. He was #4 on the Heisman Watch last I checked.

14. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Florida:57 || [​IMG]MTSU:43
    Road game is too much!
    Blue Raiders return home after a 57-43 nightmare to Florida.
    First Quarter

06:56 TD Florida Mack Brown HB #33 27 yard rush

02:10 TD Mid Tenn State Tim Williams HB #22 6 yard rush

00:05 TD Florida Mack Brown HB #33 35 yard rush

Second Quarter

05:20 TD Florida Adrian Coxson WR #5 83 yard pass from Joe Anderson QB #17

Third Quarter

06:11 TD Florida Gerald Christian TE #32 8 yard pass from Joe Anderson QB #17

03:29 TD Mid Tenn State Gabe Swain WR #86 12 yard pass from Mark Phillips QB #15

00:39 TD Mid Tenn State Steve Lumpkin TE #80 8 yard pass from Mark Phillips QB #15

Forth Quarter

07:43 TD Florida Gerald Christian TE #32 12 yard pass from Joe Anderson QB #17

06:49 TD Mid Tenn State Brian Gilliam WR #13 26 yard pass from Mark Phillips QB #15

05:48 SF Mid Tenn State Mark Phillips QB #15 0 yard safety

03:36 TD Florida Adrian Coxson WR #5 30 yard pass from Joe Anderson QB #17

02:59 TD Mid Tenn State Richard Drake WR #84 21 yard pass from Mark Phillips QB #15

01:54 TD Florida Mack Brown HB #33 22 yard rush

01:30 TD Florida Mack Brown HB #33 27 yard rush

01:06 TD Mid Tenn State Khari Burke CB #30 3 yard pass from Mark Phillips QB #15

[​IMG][​IMG]
    1st Downs 25 || 44
    3rd down efficiency 46.15 || 66.67
    4th down efficiency 100 || 0
    Total Yards 584 || 783
    Passing 338 || 641
    Completion Attempts 18 - 28 || 40 - 71
    Yards Per Pass 12.07 || 9.03
    Rushing Attempts 29 || 15
    Yards Per Rush 5.55 || 0
    Turnovers 2 || 4
    Fumbles Lost 1 || 0
    Interceptions Thrown 1 || 4
    Possession 14:4 || 17:16

Despite Sophomore Mark Phillips' best effort and record breaking day, the SEC defense was too much for the 1 star program's talent.

[​IMG]

In fact, this guy has been shanked by a hired hitman paid by Coach Gyrene after the game for ending any hopes of the monumental upset.

[​IMG]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

End of Season Record
    [​IMG]
    However, Coach Gyrene's record with MTSU is not 6-3 with a loss to a dirty SEC program, WMU powerhouse, and due to some late Potato Magic.​

15. Gyrene76

* Ricky Burch's missing stat line was 3 picks...that fool picked me 3 times.

16. nikpin

That's a pretty good year 1.

17. Gyrene76

thanks man, i wonder if i make a bowl game?

18. nikpin

You should have a pretty decent chance at 6-6. Just about every team at .500 or above makes it. Are the bowl projections up yet?

19. DirtycashDylan

What do you guys think about setting up some kind of user ranking/ladder system? It makes it easy since we're all in the same conference and we can use conference records. and I'm thinking we can use a final ranking to pick teams next year-last being first pick. Obviously, Crumb is at the bottom (and rising) and I'm at the top so we just need to fill out the inbetween.

20. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Thank you for the parenthetical remark. ;)

21. Gyrene76

22. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

ULL - 63
    ULM - 45

It was a bittersweet day in Lafayette as the Ragin Cajun's defeated rival ULM to secure the Conf USA West Crown. However tragedy struck as HB Mike James went down towards the end of the game with a torn shoulder, likely ending his historic season and career at ULL. Backup HB Sean Parham was shocked at the news and said his TD following the James injury was for James. The Ragin Cajun's shouldn't expect to see much of a dip in production as Parham ran it 3 times for 3 TDs and 117 yards. The game featured two great offenses, as 1251 total offensive yards got racked up,but it was the defense that ended up making the big plays as the Cajun defense
    forced 5 turnovers taking two of them to the house. Coach Snoopy also looks to have a made a brilliant move in benching senior starter Emile
    Joseph for true freshman Brandon Ingram, in an attempt to have a QB that doesn't look like a scat back. Ingram went 11-18 with 3 TDs but no picks.

Players of the game: (Co POTW as I had two defenders that deserve it)
    ROLB Jacob Skinner 13 tackles 2tfl 1 fr 1 TD
    FS Jarrett Swaby 13 tackles 2 tfl 3 defl 1 ff

Honorable mention
    QB Brandon Ingram 11-18 3TDs 0 INTs
    HB Mike James 18 carries 152 yards 1 TD 3btk
    HB Sean Parham 3 carries 117 yards 3 TDs

QB Kyle McKinney 25-41 7 carries 74 yards 3 total TDs
    HB Isaiah Newsome 21 carries 104 yards 2 TDs

23. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Utah State upsets no 11 Stanford in 45-44 shootout

[​IMG]
    WR Joseph Jones catches 4 passes for 224 yards and 2 TDs in the upset win over Stanford.

The Utah State Aggies avoid a devastating 4th straight loss, after a penalty prevents Stanford's goal line stand

After three straight losses, Coach Steamer benched quarterback Dennis Brewster who has been slowed down by an injured quadricept all since the loss to WMU. Idaho transfer Marcus Butler started his second game of the season @ no 11 Stanford.

The shootout began in the first quarter when Butler found reciever Joseph Jones for a 90 yard touchdown. The two teams traded touchdowns, until Stanford kicked a field goal to close the half with a 22-21 Cardinal lead.

Stanford scored quickly to start the 3rd quarter following an Aggie turnover. The Aggies would get back in control though, finishing with 17 unanswered points to take a 38-29 lead.

[​IMG]
    Marcus Butler leads Aggies to upset over Stanford.

Stanford opened the 4th quarter with two touchdowns to retake the lead 44-38. Utah State could not answer, but the Aggie defense stepped up to force a punt and give the Aggies one last chance for a game winning drive. '

Butler connected on a few quick passes to get the Aggies inside the 10 with 2 minutes to go. On 1st down, a Johansen run to the 1 yard line looked like the game was all but over, but a holding penalty brought the ball back all the way to the 18 yard line. On 2nd down, a pass to Lawson got the ball back to the 2 yard line for two chances to punch in the touchdown. The Stanford D stuffed the first run. On 4th down the Aggies ran the option, and the QB had nowhere to go and tossed a desperate pitch to Johansen, who was taken down at the 5. However, he was taken down by his facemask, an unnecessary penalty that gave the Aggies a whole new set of downs to try again. After being stopped twice, a third down run would finally get into the end zone to win the game.

[​IMG]
    Johansen's game winning touchdown

Sophomore WR Joseph Jones was named player of the game for his four catches for 224 yards and 2 touchdowns. Jones caught a 90 yard, and a 75 yard touchdown pass. Stanford's QB Brett Nottingham set the Stanford record for passing yards in a game with 464, and also threw 4 touchdowns.

The crucial facemask penalty prevents what would have been a devastating 4 game losing streak for Utah State. The Aggies improve to 6-5, with one final game at Boise State. The Aggies are bowl eligable, but a 3-5 conference record puts their bowl chances in jeopardy. A win against Boise State would definitely help their cause.

First Quarter

04:32 TD Utah State Joseph Jones WR #82 90 yard pass from Marcus Butler QB #17
    02:11 TD Stanford Geoff Meinken FB #10 1 yard rush
    00:47 TD Utah State Marcus Butler QB #17 36 yard rush

Second Quarter

05:13 TD Stanford Donald Jones WR #89 19 yard pass from Brett Nottingham QB #19
    03:08 TD Utah State Josh Johansen HB #1 1 yard rush
    00:47 TD Stanford Geoff Meinken FB #10 2 yard pass from Brett Nottingham QB #19
    00:01 FG Stanford Josh Jenkins K #15 44 yard field goal

Third Quarter

07:47 TD Stanford Anthony Wilkerson HB #32 23 yard rush
    05:37 TD Utah State Josh Johansen HB #1 4 yard rush
    03:34 TD Utah State Joseph Jones WR #82 75 yard pass from Marcus Butler QB #17
    02:54 FG Utah State Josh Thompson K #12 49 yard field goal

Forth Quarter

07:56 TD Stanford Jemari Roberts WR #84 25 yard pass from Brett Nottingham QB #19
    05:07 TD Stanford Jemari Roberts WR #84 46 yard pass from Brett Nottingham QB #19
    00:12 TD Utah State Josh Johansen HB #1 1 yard rush

24. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Cheeser! I needed you to not be bowl eligible.

25. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Cheeser?? Lol I still had another game wk 14 anyway and won. USU is 7-5 now