Week 13 2013

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Week 13!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== San Jose State Spartans (4-6) ===============
    Last week, San Jose State won 32-10 against UNLV (4-6).
    This week, the Spartans will host Eastern Michigan (0-10).

=============== #3 Kent State Golden Flashes (10-0) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 50-7 against Akron (8-2).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Memphis (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Matt McCutcheon has committed to Kent State
    - (***) HB Dominic Dotson has committed to Kent State
    - (***) RE Shawn Pittman has committed to Kent State
    - (***) RG Ervin Carroll has committed to Penn State
    - (*) FB Bryan Lawrence has committed to Ohio State

=============== New Mexico State Aggies (8-2) ===============
    Last week, New Mexico State won 45-30 against Eastern Michigan (0-10).
    This week, the Aggies will host UNLV (4-6).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Joe Dennis has committed to Stanford
    - (***) CB Antwan Clark has committed to Boise State
    - (*****) WR Terrance Williams has committed to Penn State

=============== Akron Zips (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Akron lost 50-7 against Kent State (10-0).
    This week, the Zips travel to Murfreesboro to face the Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (7-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Akron targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Nate Johnson has committed to Michigan State

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (3-8) ===============
    Last week, Florida Atlantic lost 34-28 against FIU (2-9).
    This week, the Owls travel to Gainesville to face the Florida Gators (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) ROLB Dante Parham has committed to FIU
    - (***) CB Jim Washington has committed to Florida Atlantic

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (2-9) ===============
    Last week, FIU won 34-28 against Florida Atlantic (3-8).
    This week, the Golden Panthers will host Army (6-4).
    In recruiting news, the following FIU targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Sam Garrison has committed to Troy
    - (**) DT Ralph Sherman has committed to FIU
    - (**) ROLB Dante Parham has committed to FIU
    - (**) SS Ryan Johnson has committed to FIU
    - (**) DT Chris Lewis has committed to FIU

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (7-3) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State won 17-13 against Memphis (8-2).
    This week, the Blue Raiders will host Akron (8-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Joel Wesley has committed to Mid Tenn State

=============== New Mexico Lobos (5-5) ===============
    Last week the Lobos were idle.
    This week, the Lobos travel to Kalamazoo to face the Western Michigan Broncos (3-8).
    In recruiting news, the following New Mexico targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LG Tony Stevenson has committed to UTEP
    - (***) DT Cedric Moore has committed to New Mexico
    - (***) DT Mike Herring has committed to UCLA

=============== Memphis Tigers (8-2) ===============
    Last week, Memphis lost 17-13 against Mid Tenn State (7-3).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Kent to face the #3 Kent State Golden Flashes (10-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Memphis targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Josh Mayhew has committed to Memphis

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Definitely forgot to recruit....

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

FIU 31- Army 8

Miami, FL - Probably one of the best games I have played overall. Our team was in complete control from the onset. The only score for Army came on a kickoff return for a TD which they then added a 2 point conversion to make it 24-8 in the fourth quarter. However, the running attack and the defense kept Army at bay and FIU concluded their season with two wins, this one a lot less controversial. Nice to see my team finally perform up to snuff for once.

4. DirtycashDylan

Got my ass kicked by underdog Fever in a similar way that OU got beat up by Tech. My D never showed up today. I couldn't stop his shotgun running game, even when run blitzing from a 3-4. My defenders acted like they were in love with his blockers and never wanted to leave their arms. He only needed to complete 7 passes all game and only converted 3 of 10 1st downs, but that was more than enough considering I turned it over 6 times to his 0. A wr fumble early was a huge momentum swing and a later QB sack/fumble was also a gas. We got murdered in the trenches.

I was already discombobulated after losing the starting RB (McKinney) for 3 weeks, and trying to move Archer around the field after erased formation subs. That totally changed my offense away from running the ball and I spent most of the day in 3 and 4 wide running for my life.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

scoresummary.JPG

playerstats.JPG

KENT - Turn out the lights. The party's over. After skyrocketing from relative obscurity to the #3 ranking in the country and a puncher's chance at playing for the Sears Crystal, the Kent State Golden Cheese got smacked around in front of a home crowd of 12,000 strong.

Story of the game was Memphis S-Back Jerrell Rhodes, who finished the day with 25 carries for 183 yards against a hapless KSU defense. That's not true. The story of the game was Kent State's inability to hold onto the ball. Fumbling twice and throwing four interceptions won't typically end well for you when the other team doesn't turn the ball over. And this game was no different. Quarterback Ryan Williams was an efficient 7-9-117 , 2 TD's, and 0 interceptions. The Memphis defense also came to play. The run defense was stout, allowing just 41 rushing yards (not including negative yardage for sacks).

It was an interesting game. After fumbling on the opening drive, Memphis struck first when freshman kicker Bobby "Just Give Me A" Chance gave the tigers three points.

The Golden Flashes would strike quickly on a 61 yard pass to TE Cain, who rumbled into the endzone to give the Golden Flashes a 7-3 lead.

Anothe field goal, this one a 55-yard beauty from senior punter Paul Hornsey brought the Tigers to within 1.

A few minutes later the Tigers would add to their lead when TE Brooks Johnson reeled in a short pass into the flats and used some quality downfield receiver blocking to scamper into the endzone. The 13 points would end up being enough to win, but the Tigers wanted blood.

Said RB Jerrell Rhodes "We've been hearing all year about how they're gonna take out their revenge and stuff on us. BFD. When the Tigers step on the field, you best have your A game ready or you gonna get run out the back door. Feels good to beat those sorry sonsabitches all 3 years here in Memphis. That locker room is full of people who don't know anything BUT beating Kent State. Hell I'm tired and incoherent.

My offense ran wild.
    My defense played great.
    Memphis Tigers smoked the Golden Flashes 33-10, holding them scoreless in the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 3
  6. nikpin

So when I beat Fever Dylan stills wins the conference championship?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Full Moon Fever

Unless steamer wins out. Then there's a 4 way tie.

8. nikpin

Well Steamer is going to lose tonight so that's irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DirtycashDylan

Fuck playing you 3 all at the end of the year. Letdown City.

10. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Middle Tennessee State - 23
    Akron Zips- 7

MTSU Gets Second Straight Big Victory

On my first offensive possession, on 3rd down, I threw a bomb to running back Stephon Mack that was overthrown. An Akron defender tried to pick it off, but it bounced into the air, and my RB grabbed it inside the 5 yard line- leading to a TD on the next play. Mack came up with a big run, leading to a 30 yard TD pass to McMahan in the back of the end zone. Akron answered with a quick TD in a no-huddle offense to make it 14-7. But MTSU kicked a field goal before half to go up 17-7. Mack had 60 yard receiving and 100 yards rushing in the first half.

On the opening drive of the second half, MTSU got a field goal to go up 20-7. Akron continued to have problems moving the ball. MTSU accumilated 9 sacks in the game. Several second&third and longs against a stout MTSU secondary caused issues for the Zips all game long. MTSU got the edge on field possession, pinning Akron inside the 20 twice. This eventually led to putting the Blue Raiders in field position. MTSU grinded out the clock and put up a field goal to go up 23-7 with 4 minutes left. Akron would turnover on downs and the Blue Raiders knocked out the remainder of the clock to get their second straight win vs Akron.

Both of our screens went black after the game, so I don't have all the stats and the score will be different

After going into the final tough 3 game stretch with a 6-3 record, a Gentlemen division championship was almost impossible for MTSU. But almost everything has fallen into place for the Blue Raiders. A win versus Kent State, along with a loss by Memphis would send Middle Tennessee State to the H4Y championship game. Regaurdless of the circumstances, MTSU gets a chance to finish with a 9-3 record.

11. Full Moon Fever

Fuck that motioned HB bomb shit.

12. Full Moon Fever

Are we waiting on Hammer?

13. Steamer43

That one was a wheel route from the backfield

or I might have had the formation package for him to be in the slot. I forget which.

14. Steamer43

I thought it said 7/9 before our game. I still gotta play Nik's team on AP but DCD is buzy at the moment anyway.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I played UNLV. Sorry didn't post a score. 30-0. I've been super busy this week and even overslept for my clincicals this morning. FML lol

16. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Gratz on that win btw Hoss.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Full Moon Fever

It means nothing if I lay an egg against Nik. If I don't throw a dumbass pick-6 against Steamer I'd already have the division locked up.

18. Full Moon Fever

So....we've been readied up for about 15 hours....

19. DirtycashDylan

It's showing that I advanced it already. I was preeetty drunk and don't remember doing so.

20. DirtycashDylan

Yeah, I advanced last night I guess.