Week 13, 2017

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Well it's here, the one you've all been waiting for. #1 vs. #2. But there's also a great game in the Big Ten this weekend, which may be bigger considering there won't be a chance at a rematch.​
    Oklahoma vs. Texas A&M​
    #3 Texas vs. Missouri​
    #9 Alabama vs. Georgia​
    #10 Iowa vs. #19 Michigan
    #12 North Carolina vs. UCF​
    #13 Florida vs. #25 South Carolina​
    #15 Florida State vs. Maryland​
    User Game of the Week: #1 Notre Dame vs. #2 Georgia Tech

2. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Cyhiphop when you wanna do this? I'm on the west coast this week working 3rd shift, so my schedule is jacked right now. I might be able to squeeze something in between 4pm est and 7pm est.

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Can we roll at 6pm CST on Friday? I have a family gig tomorrow night until late.

4. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

I don't get back home until after 10pm est flying back from Seattle. nights are best for me, so if we can run Friday night, that would be good.

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

What time Friday night?

6. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

by the time I get my car and get home, it'll prob be around 11 est.

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

If you guys can play it Friday night that's preferred, but if you need an extension until Saturday morning/early afternoon that's OK

• Like Like x 1
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think I can rock then. Can we make it as early as possible though?

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Thanks man. Schedules are tough sometimes.

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

No doubt, and I appreciate you guys being proactive and setting this up on the forums for all to see. If I have to reach out to you guys and see what's going on then that's a burden, but if you're making an effort and I see it I have no problem returning the favor by giving more time. We all have busy schedules!

• Like Like x 1
  11. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I can play tonight anytime after 8:30pm est :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Communication is key! I understand people are busy if you know you may hold it up for a bit at least knowing when we can expect to see your game and what time we can anticipate an adv it makes it that much better. I also agree setting up the user game for all to see is cool, mannnn I wish there was a way to watch that one! I would literally watch it start to finish no joke. EA needs to implement a way to spectate like in COD...that would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

There's also probably going to be a rematch in the ACC championship to make things more spicy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Yeah, it would be awesome to be able to spectate especially with 2 important games this week. #1 vs #2 and Iowa vs Michigan with basically a spot in the B1G Championship on the line.

16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

FSU rolls through Maryland en route to their 7th straight win.

The Seminoles hosted their final home game of the season this week welcoming Maryland into Doak Campbell. The 82,000 plus packed in was the loudest the stadium got all year and gave the Noles plenty of momentum in the game. It was a slow start, the Noles offense looked dismal a few throws to Chip Mitchell`s way but the Terps did a good job of keeping him out of the end zone for the first few drives. QB Steve Pennington found his 2nd favorite target the speedy senior Matt Robertson for a 38 yard bomb on a beautiful play by Robertson. Pennington lobbed it into coverage but Robertson used his 6-2 frame to bring down two catches on the day both going for touchdowns on similar corner route lobs. Pennington has been feeling it of late, throwing for 1438 yards 22TDs while throwing just 1INT. He was unscathed today in the interception department but he had a fumble that resulted in a turnover late. Pennington finished the game going 16/29 for 336 yards, he hasn't been the dual threat we've seen in a couple weeks and it's surprisingly adjusted his passing numbers drastically. He missed some big throws today but he was right on top for the most part, and he found his highlight reel freshman receiver Chip Mitchell 7 times for 177 yards and 2 TDs, one which is certain to make Highlight of the Night as well as a candidate for play of the YEAR. Mitchell's diving endzone grab was an errand throw by Pennington but his receiver extended and made the play. He may be only 5'10 but his jumping ability is through the roof, no pun intended. The youngster claims a 40" vertical and claims he can windmill dunk a basketball. You can see Mitchell's highlight reel play on Dynasty Wire at dynasty.easports.com or http://www.easports.com/dynasty/sharestory?dyid=85240&storyid=148170674

He's got 20TD grabs on the year as he makes a push for Freshman First Team All American, and First Team All Conference awards. Mitchell has made it clear he's not concerned about solo awards when asked about him being an anomaly for the Biletnikoff Award - as he will likely finish 2nd in voting he tells NoleNation.com that "the awards will always be there and he's going to be back for another 3 years" Mitchell eludes to him using his full eligibility instead of opting for the NFL draft after his junior year, a lot could change from now until then but it's no secret Mitchell has developed a relationship with incoming 5* and consensus Gatorade National Player of the Year Marcus Johnson will probably skew his statistics.

"We've got a mammoth wideout coming in next year to take some of the pressure off, so maybe teams start to double him if he hurts them and creates more seperation for me.... but this year is far from over.... I don't mind if this is my biggest year statistically because it's been a crazy experience. But nothing will be better than beating the Gators and going onto win a Bowl Game for my coach - that's the inspiration and goal right now." Mitchell told reporters after the game.

17. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I believe unless somebody in the #1 vs #2 seperates themselves SIGNIFICANTLY..... that this series may split. Unless there is something in the first game that tells us different for the second, if it's a close game I expect somebody to get revenge in the ACC championship. Just my call. Two unreal QBs are gonna battle in these games and coaches are going to have shown MUCH of their hand by the time they even play at Bank of America Stadium.

So like I said, I think it will be tough to sweep these two games for either team. It's going to be insane how much a split series would shake up the Top 10. Does Texas get a Title shot if they win the SEC? How about Wisconsin? What happens to OSU who is dormant after the game vs Michigan? They'll be right there as well..... no championship game to lose but a 1 loss season thus far.

I feel like if Notre Dame or Georgia Tech want a National Championship bid, they will HAVE to win both games. That's a lot of pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

GAME ONE - I'll go ahead and make things interesting! Notre Dame has home field and a more convincing win over North Carolina. I go with my boy JR Gant and Notre Dame game one.

PREDICTION
    NOTRE DAME 28-24.

GAME TWO - I believe the team who, controls the ball a considerable ammount longer and converts more 3rd downs wins the football game. I think game two is a shoot out and unless Tech can stop Gant on the ground, the Irish go to the national title. On defense, they have a bit of an easier job. They need have to limit what QB Brian Green does, if he puts up a season average it could get ugly. That being said, don't forget about him in the redzone 6 touchdowns on the ground he might not be JR Gant but if you zone into his receivers too much near that goalline he can hurt you. It's gonna be a wild wild couple of games I can feel it.

PREDICTION
    NOTRE DAME 42-34

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  19. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

sounds like a plan Crumbler81

20. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Want to shoot for 9pm est?

21. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

yea that will work.

22. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Wow 100+ point OT BATTLE in Iowa......whatta start to the end of the season

23. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Thriller in Iowa
    Michigan Comeback Falls Short in OT 55-52
    [​IMG]
    Wow...what a way to decide 1st Place in the B1G Legends Division! After falling behind 31-7 in the 2nd Quarter, the Wolverines needed a furious comeback to attempt to force overtime but fell just short of the upset when Iowa QB Alex Hill hit WR Mike Morton in the corner of the end zone in the 1st OT period after holding Michigan to a FG. With the win, Iowa punches their ticket for the B1G Championship Game and Michigan looks forward to next week's matchup with the hated Buckeyes. The Wolverines had a rough start when Iowa CB Matt Cameron returned a pick 74 yards for a TD, but Michigan finally got on the scoreboard in the 2nd to make it 14-7. After the Hawkeyes answered back to give them a 14-point lead, Michigan WR Matt Donaldson fumbled the ensuing kickoff but the defense was able to hold Iowa to a FG to make it a 24-7 deficit. In the final minute of the half, both teams traded touchdowns twice as they combined for 45 points in the 2nd Quarter with Iowa leading 38-21 at Halftime.
    In the 2nd Half, the Michigan offense came out firing on all cylinders while scoring back-to-back touchdowns before Iowa added a FG at the end of the 3rd to make it a 6-point game heading into the 4th. The Wolverines would take their first and only lead of the game early in the 4th when WR Sterling Edwards caught a 54-yard bomb to make it 42-41 with over 4 minutes remaining. With just :24 remaining in regulation, Iowa HB Darrell Robinson scored the seemingly game-winning TD from 3 yards out, but Michigan WR Donaldson got his redemption as he took the ensuing kickoff 98 yards to send the game into OT.
    Michigan was held to only a FG in their only possession of overtime, and Iowa QB Hill found WR Morton in the corner of the endzone to seal the victory for the Hawkeyes.
    Michigan
    QB Jon Huff - 12/18, 422 YDS, 5 TD, 2 INT
    HB Samson Whitworth - 28 RUSH, 136 YDS, TD
    WR Matt Donaldson - 4 REC, 164 YDS, 2 TD, 218 KR YDS, TD
    WR Andre Kaplan - 2 REC, 148 YDS, 2 TD
    FS James Raymond - 7 TKLS, SCK, INT
    Iowa
    QB Alex Hill - 24/41, 388 YDS, 3 TD, INT
    HB Darrell Robinson - 18 RUSH, 77 YDS, 3 TD
    WR Mike Morton - 7 REC, 148 YDS, TD
    WR Aaron Sanders - 7 REC, 136 YDS, 2 TD
    DE Kyle Love - 5 TKLS, SCK

• Like Like x 2
  24. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

INSTANT CLASSIC!!! Wish I could watch the replay on the Big Ten Network.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

On a side note, webbs6212 had a family emergency to attend to early in the 1st Quarter so I'm glad his guys played well in his absence.

Sure hope everything is okay though.