Week 13, 2105

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Advanced from the web so no dynasty wire writeup. In Chicago until late tomorrow night so take your time but I expect to advance after I play.

2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Not sure what I'm doing wrong...lost again. 4 straight loses at home.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Iowa's a good team, the IU loss you should have probably played zone coverage on that last second TD. Idk what else to suggest though, are you struggling with anything in particular?

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Yes...winning.

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Well if there were certain aspects you were particularly struggling with i could probably give you advice. As for struggling with winning -- best bet is to either score more than your opponent or make sure your opponent scores less

• Like Like x 2
  6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Big win last night for Oklahoma's new head coach Dick Landry. The Sooners jumped out early on the Utah Utes and never looked back. Lead by a defense that consistently sacked the Utes' QB and put up 7 points on a pick six in the first quarter, the Sooners were able to run the ball effectively and shorten the game. One of the big stories in this one was the shuffling of QBs that coach Landry employed. Highly regarded starter Trevor Knight was lifted early for sophomore Issac Harvey, who had a major impact in this one with his legs, as well as his arm. Harvey finished the day with over 100 yards rushing and a pair of tds. Keith Ford also finished the day over the 100 yard rushing plateau.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Welcome back

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am glad to be back with a roster more suited to my playing style. That Harvey kid is a "Tebow" like runner and should be fun to play with for the next few years.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I was in on Harvey during recruitment. I just didn't have a high enough need for him and my bonus wasn't that high. It will be interesting to see how successful you are with him.

10. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Exactly how much more...this is good stuff

11. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I planned to play my game right after work today, but looks like I'll be pushed back to later tonight. Just wanted to let you know Spayer419.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

RIVALRY WHITEWASH
    Stanford.gif
    15Stan-Cal.jpg
    Adam Jones scores on a 20 yard catch in 1st quarter action Saturday in the rain,
    15Stan-Cal.JPG

Stanford cruises past rival Cal despite miscues, clinches spot in PAC-12 title game
    Berkley, CA - The Stanford Cardinal are clearly in the National Championship race. A loss to rival California would kill all hopes of that. The Cardinal played the part of the rude house guest, out-distancing the Bears 45-19 Saturday afternoon in "The Game". Barry Sanders Jr. came back from a poor performance to lead the Cardinal in a rain-soaked turnover filled battle. Sanders Jr. ran for 181 yards, had 102 on catches and a rushing score.

The Cardinal won despite another wacky-bad-good-bad performance from QB Evan Crower. Crower would throw for 357 yards and four scores, but that was all offset by 6 interceptions, 5 of which came in the first half, killing Stanford drives. He did manage to spread the ball well, hitting eight different receivers, but he has now thrown 23 INTs this season, a NCAA high. The turnover must stop of Stanford is to remain in the chase for the crystal football. The Stanford defense probably had its best showing of the season, repeatedly stopping Cal drives after Crower's critical INTs. The D forced Cal QB Zach Kline to 14/38 for only 188 yards and no scores. Cal's best effort would come from HB Darren Ervin, who would gain 103 yards, on only 11 carries and score the Bears' only two TDs.

With the win, Stanford (10-1, 8-1) clinched a spot in the the PAC-12 title game. Stanford must now get past a pesky rival, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and what will look to be the winner of the USC-UCLA matchup in the title game to keep open hope of the possible NC game dreams. Stay tuned...

• Like Like x 1