1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 13 and 14 - Earn your place

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Jan 4, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

In the final weeks there are 6 user matches, with 5 having division crowns and/or national title berths on the line. The Pac 10 is still up for grabs and will be decided during these weeks. #16 UCLA is involved in both matches with a week 13 game at #20 Washington State and a week 14 match against rival #5 USC. The Cougars were beaten by UCLA last season but this team has shown a lot more fight this year. UCLA meanwhile has struggled against other user teams, losing to Oklahoma State and Florida State. Even if Washington State wins that match they need UCLA to upset USC for a share of the conference. Last year coach Cole passed out in a ditch and missed the game. His team still managed to beat UCLA and capture the Pac 10 crown. USC also still has a shot at getting in the title game but the Trojans need some help.

#8 Oklahoma State and #3 Florida State also play week 13, with both teams still having a shot at a national title berth. FSU is currently undefeated, including a win over Ohio State. Oklahoma State dropped a game to Nebraska a few weeks back but a win over Texas should help them capture the Big 12 South. Nebraska also has title dreams but they will need to beat the #6 Buckeyes in Columbus to have a real shot at the title game. Ohio State needs a win against Nebraska and some help to get back in the title game. The Buckeyes would need to beat Nebraska and hope for chaos to ensue. The other big game week 14 includes the reigning national champions, Penn State, against #9 Oklahoma. The Sooners dropped an early game to Texas but responded by beating Nebraska. Penn State meanwhile has not lost a game in more than 2 seasons. Their last loss came to Ohio State more than 2 years ago. The game is also being played in Happy Valley so coach Twist will have his work cut out for him.

Week 13:
    #16 UCLA (7-2, 6-0 Pac 10) at #20 Washington (7-2, 6-1 Pac 10)
    #8 Oklahoma State (8-1) at #3 Florida State (10-0)

Week 14
    #4 Nebraska (8-1) at #6 Ohio State (7-2)
    #16 UCLA (7-2, 6-0 Pac 10) at #5 USC (8-1, 6-0 Pac 10)
    #23 North Carolina (6-2) at #13 Minnesota (6-2)
    #9 Oklahoma (8-1) at #1 Penn State (9-0)

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Big games for sure.

My predictions....

Week 13:
    UCLA beats Washington St in a high scoring affair
    FSU wins vs Oklahoma St in a close game (since every game I play vs a user with this team goes that way)

Week 14:
    Ohio St beats Nebraska ending the Huskers dreams of a backdoor title berth
    USC beats UCLA comfortably, winning the Pac 10
    Minnesota beats North Carolina in a close game
    Oklahoma edges out Penn St on the road, handing Hokie his first loss in 2 years

Championship games:
    ACC - FSU edges out North Carolina in a game closer than the experts would suspect (since Vandermint played me very tough in season 3)
    Big 12 - Oklahoma makes it 2-0, knocking off Oklahoma St

This leads to Oklahoma facing FSU for the title, and Coach Twist racks up his 2nd win vs me in two weeks, taking home the title.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I predict that I will have to be busy again for my game against Perry.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Definitely some bold predictions. Oklahoma beating Penn State would certainly shake things up at the top of the polls.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The reason why your son disapproves of your message is because he can't believe you picked against the upstart Washington State Cougars. Do you know how hard it is to win in Pullman come November if you are a LA or Arizona school, it is very tough. I know WSU has not been relevant in college for like ever, but it is a very tough place to play come November when the Cougars are playing well. There are two reasons for this, first off it is extremely cold, and second I have heard a rumor that it may snow during this game. When it snows in Pullman, the Cougs take an aura invincibility, I have personally witnessed the magic. The Bruins will not know how to deal with cold weather and the elements. I believe my team is ready to make a statement, and Perry and the Bruins will be listening loud and clear after the game.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

UCLA by 2 touchdowns.

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well good thing in my off week we scrimmaged against some polar bears in Antarctica. So now we're tougher and can play in the cold

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I like the new, cocky WSU. I'm not saying they will win but I'm definitely looking forward to that game.

9. gowazzucougs

That my friends is the benefit of going to school with rich alumni

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think WSU winning the PAC 10 would be a great story, but until wazzou wins a game in conference it's tough to pick them.

11. gowazzucougs

After playing Perry the first time, I believe very strongly I could have won that game if I didn't throw a pick on the first offensive play and then didn't give up kickoff return later in the game. Then in the second game, on the opening kickoff my return man fumbled the ball, on my next drive after getting the ball into Bruin territory I threw an interception (it was the exact same play Perry picked off in the previous game), and then two drives later with the score 7-21, my QB fumbled the ball inside the Bruin 10. I have to think this stuff will not happen again, and maybe just maybe Perry can be a victim of his return man fumbling the ball, or having a turnover to start the game. I just need to avoid the turnover bug, that is what really killed me against USC during the last minute of the first half otherwise it would have been very close game until the 4th quarter.

My team is better than a lot of people think, defensively we may be a question mark, but offensively I am very happy. I like the direction of where this program is going. A victory over Perry and the Bruins would be a big win for the program, especially going into next year.

12. gowazzucougs

I know I need to win my user conference games. My fear is ending up like Minnesota playing for third every season. It is okay this season because this team is still not that great, but 3 or 4 more seasons of finishing 3rd may be hard to take.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LOL! Beazus you SUCK!!!

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Week 13:
    UCLA wins easy

I want to pick Okie State, but I think FSU is too talented and will win by 10 or more

Week 14
    I think we already know what I think on this one ;)

I'm going with Perry on this one actually, but on a last minute score

Minnesota is my pick to win this one, and I think they win going away

I'm picking the Sooners for the upset, their defense is deadly this year

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Week 13:
    UCLA will burst the Cougars bubble, 35-21

FSU stumbles losing 28-24 and opens up the the BCS picture even more
    Week 14
    Gotta go with the Big 10 31-24

USC probably has the best team this year and no one is talking about them 27-14

Big 10 wins again 28-10

Wow, no one picking the Champs, so I guess I will

16. gowazzucougs

I am also picking PSU over Oklahoma