Week 13: Bears defeat rival Lions in division matchup

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ferocious, Mar 16, 2013.

1. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Jul 23, 2010
    Well sorry guys, management for not posting this sooner. But as you all know Ive been posting vids, but now it seems my software for the video editing and recording took a dump. Hopefully I could fix it because I got used to it and its better posting videos to me.

Well this started off as a tuff matchup betweens these two rival teams, slowly feeling each other out for the whole 1st qrt. But at the start of the 2nd, the Lions finally struck 1st on a short hook to WR Titus Young that he took 55yrds to the Bears 7yrd line only to have HB Chandler punch it in from 7yrds out to make it 7-0 Lions. But the Bears were not to be out done on this qrt as they too put on an air display after trying to establish the run all 1st qrt, the Bears 1st score came on a streak that ended on a 15yrd pass to WR Hester as he was just standing in the endzone waiting for a Cutler strike. Score 7-7 with under 3min left in the half.

The Lions made their first mistake on their next drive as FS Hardin was on TE coverage and intercepted Stafford for a pick 6 and a Bears lead before the half. 14-7 Bears. The Lions once again went to the air to try and get some points before the half, but a great defensive stand by the Bears stopped the Lions on a 3-out and in turn gave the Bears under a minute to try and get some points with all 3 timeouts. The Bears did try and got close to make the score 21-7 but eventually fell short and had to settle for a FG. Score at half 17-7.

3rd qrt the Bears got the ball and once again started to establish the run and this time with a little more success, they wanted to control the clock and field position and in turn not give the dangerous Stafford time to air it out. So with that the finale score was 38-14 Bears as HB Forte was able to run the ball with success in the 2nd half totaling 128yrds on the ground with 1td on 25 attempts. The Lions did manage to score another td at the end of the game on a broken play by SS Huff that should of been picked off but was out of position for it and in turn gave the easy TD away.

GG Avery and good luck the rest of the way.

The Bears now are 8-4 and trying to position themselves on another playoff run with two games behind the division leader Packers. Patience is a virtue.....
    • Like Like x 2