Week 13: Bears sweep the Vikings to extend winning streak

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by LLCoolGrey, Oct 11, 2013.

1. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

[​IMG]
    The bears inched closer to their playoff push with a win against the Vikings 24-13 to take the season series. Now winners of 5 straight - the Bears controlled this game from the start, kicking off to the Vikings who were looking to establish a dominant ground game. On the first drive they did so with ease, rushing down the field within FG range. But on a 3rd and short - Freeman was sacked forcing the Vikings to try a 54 yard FG which bounced off the uprights. The Bears would score two plays later when WR Devin Hester would take an out route 37 yards for the TD to take a 7-0 lead.

The Vikings would answer - again running and using play action passing effectively to tie it up off a slant route to WR Cordelle Patterson to make it 7-7.

Unfazed by the home crowd, RB Matt Forte would nearly take a screen pass to the house 67 yards before being tackled inside the 20 yard line. He would later score on a 3rd and 2 run to make it 14-7. The Vikings would add two FGs before the half to make it 14-13.

Receiving to start the second half Chicago would march all the way down field only to have an errant Jay Cutler pass picked off. Looking to take the lead the Vikings would lead an immpressive drive as well - but a huge INT by FS Patrick Chung would see momentum swing back in the Bears favor. Not looking back the Bears would see Matt Forte take in his second rushing TD of the day to take a 21-13 lead.

Try as they might the Vikings made a strong push but would come up short. The Bears would add a FG to make it 24-13 and put the game out of reach. Two hardfought battles from division rivals.

Next week the Bears welcome the Cowboys to Soldier field in what proves to be a pivitol game for both teams. The Bears will need to keep winning if they intend to keep a firm grasp on the division with the Lions not slowing down. The Cowboys after taking a rough loss to the Giants - will need to keep winning if they plan to make the playoffs in a crowed NFC East.

Great game Juan Valencia I look forward to our battles next year.

Final Score

Bears 24

Vikings 13

LtJustice recap done

• Like Like x 2
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice win on the road.

3. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

I'm more proud that i held AP under 100 yards rushing! Most of that was due to him having to pass to catch up though. I have to remember that for future games. The key to limit AP is to get ahead early

• Like Like x 1
  4. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

GG BRO.. It should be fun next season.

• Like Like x 1