Week 13: Bears vs Lions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by StevenRhysCann, Oct 17, 2010.

1. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

Hey Win, sometime Monday night would be perfect for me on this one, does anytime between 6pm and 3am EST work for you?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Depending on how this test run of sharing an internet connection works out for me, I would be able to do anytime from 7pm EST to 11:30pm EST start time. Wish I could post a more concrete info setup, but I am going to try sharing my internet connection from my laptop (which seems to ALWAYS be able to connect) to my PS3 via wired setup.

3. StevenRhysCann

Sounds good man, let me know how the connection goes for you, we'll shoot for a 7:30 start time if all goes well?

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Works for me. 6:30 pm central time.

5. StevenRhysCann

I'll be on in 10 minutes Win, good luck.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Not sure if it was my connection, or EA servers, or both, but we experienced some bad lag and stopped midway through 1st quarter with no score. SRC and I are going to try to get together around the same time tomorrow, which is 6:30 pm central time, and try this thing again.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Actually, SRC, if you can start later on Tuesday, I think I would prefer that as lag would be lower I think. Here's my schedule for the week so we can get a game in order:

Tuesday: Anytime from 3 pm central to 10:30 pm central start time (later better to hopefully eliminate lag)
    Wednesday: Same as Tuesday
    Thursday: Same as Tuesday

I don't remember if we go to Friday, but Friday is same deal as the rest of the week. Later I can go, the better my lag should be, but I can't start too late without advance notice (so I can nap since I get up to work at 5:45 am central time Mon-Fri).

8. StevenRhysCann

Hey Win, 8pm central tonight sound good?

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We'll give it a shot then and hope the lag is better. :)

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

For as technologically saavy as I claim to be, I am horribly outdated on some things. Those things being cell phones.

So I have a Droid 2 phone (which has Mobile HotSpot capability built in). I never signed up for the 20 dollars extra a month it would cost me to use it as a 3g hotspot....until tonight. Apparently (and I feel dumb for not knowing this), 4 hours of gaming a day only uses up 1/4 of the allotted data usage on that plan.

So I have signed up for 3g hotspot effective immediately for using in Madden games. However, I don't know when they will update me on when this change occurs.

SRC, I appreciate your patience, but this is the second night I've stood you up with connection issues. If you would like to get a sub to play tonight, and can do so, please go ahead and hopefully this new idea will help in connection issues. It's my last hope really.....as connection sharing was solid but very laggy. My apologies for that.