Week 13: Cards 17, Bengals 13

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by pbates86, Jun 26, 2010.

1. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Mar 5, 2010
    Week 13: Cards 17, Bengals 13

First off, I have so much respect for Scikotic. He is by far the toughest opponent I have faced thus far. Rushing or passing...I just couldn't get the plays I'm accustomed to getting. His offense is a ball control offense that dominated time of possession 2:1.

1st quarter was all defense on both sides. In the 1st quarter both teams got in the red zone only to turn the ball over. Cards would get on the board first though with a "Pick 6" in the 2nd quarter. And at the end of the half with time expiring, The Bengals put in a FG to make the score 7-3 Cards.

The third quarter was all Bengals, as Cards couldn't even muster up a 1st down against his great defense. The score was 13-7 at the end of the 3rd. 4th quarter Darnell Dockett made a great play, sacking/stripping ball from Carson Palmer. In the red zone, Cards were finally in position to retake lead, but Bengals defense wouldn't budge and Cards actually went backwards 11 yards in 3 plays had to settle for field goal to make score 13-10 Bengals.

Bengals offense was not able to run the clock out and Cards had an opportunity to win the game in the final minutes. Starting the drive on their own 6 yard line, Lienart methodically drove his team down field and scored a TD on a 13 yrd pass to his favorite target Kellen Winslow Jr.

With less than a minute to go, and only 1 timeout left, the Bengals were unable to put together a game saving drive and Cards were able to escape with the victory

Not just good game Scikotic, AMAZING game.

Game ball goes to Matt Lienart who led the game winning drive.
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Apr 14, 2010
    Thanks for the props. Much appreciated and it helps to take away the sting of choking yet another game away. I believe I held the Cards offense to under 100 yards before that game winning drive, which went for 94 yards. That is CLUTCH. Not only did you drive 94 yards, but you were on your own 6, facing a 3rd and 10. You finally adjusted and found that slot receiver and I couldn't react fast enough...truly a mark of a great player.

It truly was an amazing game, especially at the end. Finally a good game that wasn't a shootout. :cool:

I honestly thought I was about to pull out the upset, but you made me pay for getting too soft at the end. I was afraid to blitz because I didn't want to give up the big play, and you instead took me apart piece by piece and left me with very little time.

I missed a few golden opportunities downfield which came back to haunt me. An overthrow deep to Randle El on the last drive, and another deep pass to Randle El early in the 4th that Randle El just didn't seem to see. Both plays had potential for 6, but we just couldn't connect. Story of my season....

*At 5-7, I am staring at a showdown with Dunn next week, who took me apart when I was the Bills earlier in the season. I honestly think I was alot better with the Bills, as I can't get anything done offensively with this Bengals team. So with that said, I fully expect to lose the next game which will put my postseason hopes in jeopardy.