Week#13 Chargers 38 Raiders 21

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sammymitchell25, Oct 18, 2010.

1. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Big Rivalry in San Diego​
    Big showdown between the heated rivals. First matchup ended with the Chargers barely squeaking out the 1 point victory, this game had the same result, but got there in two VERY different ways.​
    Chargers would win the coin toss and kick to the visiting Raiders, who after a few plays would shoot themselves in the foot with a costly interception made by Cason and the Chargers would capitalize with a short 5 yard TD rush by Mathews, putting them up early 7-0​
    Second quarter Chargers would pick off Campbell once again and take the ball into the endzone soon after with another TD run by Mathews, this time from 3 yards out, making the score 14-0 Chargers. Then Raiders play mistake-free football and soon score a TD on an impressive 25 yard scamper by McFadden to bring the Raiders within 7, 14-7. Chargers would then move the ball downfield with a nice mix of run and pass, keeping the Raiders on their heels for much of the game, again scoring, this time Rivers connects with Gates for a 35 yard TD to give the Chargers a 21-7 lead. After another Campbell INT with about two minutes to go in the half, knowing they get the ball after the half, It would be crucial to score here, and score they do, they would move the ball to the 3 yard line with 2 seconds left in the half after the Raider defense would not let them in, holding the Chargers to a FG with no time left in the half. 24-7 at half.​
    Third quarter started with the Raiders finally making the Chargers punt for the first time in the game, they NEED to score a TD here, and a TD was scored, but by Chargers MLB Cooper after picking him off at their own 40 yard line a taking it to the house to put the Chargers in a comfortable 31-7 lead early in the third. At this point, the game was over as far as the Chargers were concerned. As they just ran, ran, ran the ball for the rest of the game, not caring what down or yardage, got a few more INTs, but ran right out of bounds whenever possible not to run up the score or show-up the opposing team​
    Raiders would score with another TD by McFadden, this time from 53 yards out, and go for two, and get it, to bring the Raiders within 16 points, but the Chargers would see that as an insult to them and took their foot and put it back on the gas, taking the ball and scoring the nail-in-the-coffin TD pass to Thomas to end all hopes of an Oaktown comeback. Pretty much a statement TD. Raiders add a garbage TD late by a pass from Campbell to Schiliens, 38-21 Chargers would run out the clock in the last minute of the game.​
    good game Savaute, turnovers killed you early and often, try not to call timeouts with less than 30 seconds to stop the clock when i have the ball with a 17 point lead, please. Just happy none of my players were hurt in that garbage time. You can get ur payback next season.​
    GL the rest of the year​
    Stats:​
    Rivers- 16-22 209 2 TDs​
    Mathews- 32 car 132 yds 2 TDs​
    Gates- 4 rec 70 yds TD​
    M. Thomas- 3 rec 41 yds TD​
    8 different recievers caught passes​
    Chargers D forces 5 INTs​
    Campbell- 12-27 199 TD 5 INTs​
    McFadden- 12 car 125 yds 2 TDs​
    Schiliens- 4 rec 58 yds TD​
    Z.Miller- 3 rec 62 yds​
    Pierce, Howard- 8 tackles each​
    KEY STATS:​
    Turnovers: OAK-5 SD-0​
    3rd down: OAK- 3-7 SD- 9-13
    T.O.P.: OAK- 10:53 SD- 21:07

2. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Can you blame a guy for wanting to get the ball back even when the game is lost and 30 seconds left in the game?

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

nah, It wasn't a big deal, he just made me run more plays, and I already lost my MLB in the game due to injury

just want to let him know I didn't like it, the game was over a long time ago, thats all

4. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

I dont give a flying fuck that you lost your LB. I can call a timeout whenever I want...who was stopping you from taking a knee....oh thats right nobody.

5. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I smell an AFC West rivalry brewing...

6. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

Whoa buddy, I couldnt find the QB kneel, besides, I was running into the O-line on purpose, I didnt gain yards until u were calling them timeouts to prolong the game, and I have no idea why, and dont talk to me like that and blow this out of proportion man. I didnt like it and i bet others wouldn't either

If i was getting beat like that, I would not have wanted the game to stretch out at all, I was being very nice to you during the game, running the ball out-of-bounds countless times out of respect to you, and you start calling those timeouts at the very end. If I knew you would act like this I would've kept scoring

7. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I apologize for making fun of you in the last post, but you brought it on yourself with the cursing. Totally uncalled for, those timeouts were disrespectful in my mind and I just wanted to bring it to your attention so when other owners are up on you by alot with less than a minute left, in your territory, there is nothing to gain from that except frustration on their part. You may wanna just pack it in and leave them in your pocket.

Like I said, good game and we'll meet next season