Week 13- Chiefs over Raiders 33-17

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by saintsdave75, May 12, 2013.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    The Kansas City Chiefs would host their division rival Oakland Raiders in a week 13 matchup, finding themselves tied atop the AFC West at 6-5 with the San Diego Chargers. The Chiefs would force an early punt and cap off a long drive with Jamaal Charles TD run. Early in the very next drive, LB Derrick Johnson would pick off Carson Palmer and return it to the house for an early 14-0 lead in the 1st quarter.

Later in the second quarter, Oakland would take a missed field goal from the back of the end zone and be able to return it over 100 yards for the TD. The next drive would see Alex Smith hit Dwayne Bowe open down the sidelines for a 60 yard TD score. Oakland would strike back quickly with a big pass play of their own when Carson Palmer would toss it up to Titus Young, who would outjump the defender en route to an 80 yard scoring play. Just before the half, Smith would connect for his second TD pass of the game, hitting Dallas Clark this time for the score. Kansas city led at the half 28-14.

Both teams would fail to move the ball in the second half with any consistency and the Raiders would only manage to add 3 more points in the second half, while the Chiefs would add a late field goal and safety to put the game out of reach 33-17. Good Game CSteud
    • Like Like x 4

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Nice to see a recap that is well thought out and isn't just a summary of the end of game stats. Nice win over a tough opponent saintsdave75.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Jul 22, 2010
    Nice recap Dave, congrats on the win!
  4. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Jul 22, 2010
    Good game Dave, that safety on the kickoff was crazy. Bounced of my returners head then recovered by my TE in the endzone who ran into said returner and stumbled around before getting tackled for a safety. Turnovers were huge -4 on my end....I couldn't catch a break. Good luck the rest of the way!
    • Like Like x 2