week 13: chiefs panthers

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by redlishus, Dec 17, 2013.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

VinfortheWin

I'm home with the flu and feel like a bucket of smashed assholes so today is out. I'll be free tomorrow and Thursday after 8 central.

2. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

wed i can go after 9 pt
    thur not till 11pt

3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

VinfortheWin please be cognizant of putting available times that are PASSED THE DEADLINE. For example you list thursday not til 11pt (which is after the deadline of Midnight eastern time). So essentially you are not available to play Thursday...would be your availability.

It appears today is the best day for both of you guys redlishus VinfortheWin

Troy- I hope by now you feel like a bucket of gently massaged assholes instead of the latter

• Like Like x 2
  4. redlishus

11 central will be too late for me just coming off the flu. Guess this will be a SIM

5. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

I can play Thursday in the morning before taking my kid to school will 630 am pt work for you?

6. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

or 1030 cent tonight?

7. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

I didn't know the deadline also a few weeks ago I had a game schedule for right after advance and the advance never happen so that messed us up. maybe adv didn't happen b/c they were waiting for games to finish? we waited a few hours. so it goes both ways plz adv on schedule then too or communicate if there is a delay in advance times.

8. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

i sent you message on aim can u play in an hour or so?

9. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The deadline is posted very clearly in the week opening thread: ***2015 Week 13 is open! Deadline Thursday 12/19/13 @ Midnight EST***, pleading ignorance is no excuse.

I will ask you straight up, don't be an ass. I apologized the following morning when I advanced. The delay had nothing to do with other games being finished and was strictly due to my personal circumstances. I have since taken steps to avoid a situation like that in the future, should I be unavailable to handle the advance on time. Generally we try to advance as soon as possible, and quite frankly our track record is pretty damn good.

----------------------------------------

As far as this game, so far it is looking like we have a conflict of schedules. Troy, are you available tonight or tomorrow morning to get this game in, as Vin proposed?

redlishus
    VinfortheWin

• Like Like x 2
  10. redlishus

11. redlishus

I never received one. We use YIM so that could be the issue......

12. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

i meant yahoo your redlishus on there right?

13. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

well i might have an hour at 545 pt so if ur online and around and i get off on time/traffic etc we can rock then but its a super tight window.

14. redlishus

Yes

15. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I understand in your original thread you indicated that you would be able to play at 8 CST or anytime thereafter, but are you able to play a little earlier at 745 CST like Vin asked? I understand you are frustrated and had already posted your availability, but the one word answers are just as frustrating. The league advance hinges on whether or not this game gets played. What's the dilly?

• Like Like x 1
  16. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

Yeah I try to be flexible, you said after 8ct I said 9pt then you said looks like game will be simmed. you never said you cant play after 11ct or what your limit is. And if you posted asking if I could start earlier, but you just said looks like game will be simmed. I try to post the time I know kids will be in bed and wife will leave me alone there is usally some flex in there where I could start a few min before and I also offered to wake up at 630am to play.

You responded "Yes" but you quoted my post about your yim id. so I guess you cant play tonight at the time I stated since you didn't respond to that?

I might get called off my evening shift so I might have more time tonight. as of right now I have that small window or after 11 pt if week is not adv. can you please confirm if that works 545 pt /745 ct or any other times tonight. what is your latest limit to start a game at?

Thanks

17. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

again its a small window if I can leave in time drop my brother off and light traffic I might be there 545 ready to play.

18. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Your available times might be causing a problem Vin...you initially wrote

One available time is Midnight or after Est. (during the work/school week)
    The other available time was at 2 AM or after Est. (during the work/school week)

With windows like this...I suspect you will run into frequent problems scheduling. I would understand Troy's frustration with this availability, and I'm sure combined with being sick it doesn't help things much. redlishus Troy...please let us know if there is any chance of you playing...It is hard for me to decipher your responses in this thread. Are you saying "No" you can't play then or "No" to something else.

The league is sitting here just waiting... Help a brother out

• Like Like x 2
  19. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

he is ct not et. and there are people in pt/ct/et so we all have to be flexible. I was willing to get up at 6am to play before taking my kid to school. with work and commute and family comes first / dinner / kids / bath / put kids to bed/ then madden.

im sure we could have played last night if he was around he didn't try to reschedule to an earlier time and I was able to clear time as I spoke with justice and was trying to contact Chiefs to play.

it hard to decipher one word answers and if people could please try to ask/ try negotiate times to see if someone can play earlier that would help. or place an end time also would help when I see after 8pm sounds like its open all night

20. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

Good news I got called off work, but wife needs me to pickup some stuff from the store ill be free after 7 pt all night long.

21. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Vin just to be clear...so very very clear...the deadline is midnight eastern time (as in games should be COMPLETE by that time)...if you are available after 7pt (10 pm Est.)...a game takes about an hour (a hair more really)... If you were to start a game at 8pt...you would be finishing your game beyond the deadline...b/c your game was finished past midnight. Yes we have made exceptions, and yes once in a blue moon one of us (jim,doug,myself) aren't able to advance the file directly at midnight...but rare. We are not in the habit of making constant allowances for game times expiring past the deadline.

I do appreciate the effort you have made in this thread to work things out.

Hopefully this was just an issue of schedules not working out...I think we'd expect to see better scheduling practices going forward for both owners.

• Like Like x 1
  22. VinfortheWin

VinfortheWin Walk On

well im free after 7 so we haven't heard from him all day. put him on auto or something

23. redlishus

Damn vin. With that attitude I don't really think I would want to play you. Feel free to put me on auto.

24. redlishus

Before I get jumped on for my last post let me explain myself. I had the flu. I also work a full time job and a part time job plowing snow. It's snowing every other day here. I also have 7 month old. Shits chaotic right now. I know some may understand and some won't, that's fine. When I get flack, I get a little ornery. Sorry my schedule didn't work out and yes vin you were very accommodating. I didn't see your posts about 7 tonight because I worked all day and I don't have many opportunities to check the forums. After work I went to my other job and I got home about 10 minutes ago. My son is in bed and now I'm going to bed because I need to get up and plow in 4 hours again.

Sorry I all inconvenienced.

25. redlishus

I also would like to apologize for one word responses. I can see how that could be taking the wrong way. I've always been vague, just ask James.

• Like Like x 1