Week 13 Cleveland Browns vs Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kidofcrash23, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders End Two Game Losing Streak with Win for Browns 37-20

Tied for the top spot with the Chargers going into Week 13, the Raiders come off two straight close losses to both the Saints and Bengals. The Raiders look to break the streak against a tough Browns team who is also in contention in their respective division.

The Browns didn’t take long to strike driving down the field through the running of Richardson who found some big gaps against a stout run defense by the Raiders. Weeden was also connecting with his receivers as well eventually leading to a TD pass from Weeden to put the Browns up early. The Raiders responded with the league leading rusher McFadden hitting a 46 yard run to the right side deep into Browns territory. Palmer then followed up with a slant to DHB for a score to tie up the game. Both teams were able to trade FG tries to keep the score tied with the Raiders able to break through with a Moore TD pass from Palmer to put the Raiders up 17-10 late in the first half.

Entering the 2nd half, the game was still within reach for the Browns as their defense clamped down pretty good later in the game. However, the Browns could not get over the hump though the constant drops by the Brown receivers. Weeden would consistently find open receivers, but they could not hold on to the ball which cost them some valuable possessions. Entering into the 4th quarter, the Browns were only down by one score 27-20 deep into Raider territory when Weeden looked for Richardson in the flat and Bartell picked it off and run almost 80 yards for a INT TD. As the Raiders have done all year, INTs have been their saving grace although giving up huge yardage in the air. Instead of a tie or a FG to bring the Browns within four, the Raiders jumped to a two TD lead 34-20 in the 4th.

The Browns still had a chance late in the game down by two TDs with all their timeouts. Weeden found one of his receivers deep on a streak pattern and had a few steps on the Raider corner and the Receiver dropped a for sure TD score. The Browns had another opportunity down 17 in Raider territory, but Weeden threw his 3rd pick of the game and the Raider run out the clock for the win. The game could have gone differently if the Brown’s receiver could catch the ball, but the Raider took advantage of the Brown’s mistakes.

With Palmer having a stellar game throwing for 3 TDs no INTs, DHB catching two TDs for 140 yards on the day and McFadden once again going over the century mark in rushing, Raiders break a two game losing streak.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm glad you said it for me, because I sound like a broken record talking about all the drops. Weeden played one of his better games of the year, but it was wasted. Guys better lock up their receivers before the off season. I'm throwing Dan Snyder money out there to replace the bums I have at WR. I'm actually used to all the drops at this point. What I couldn't overcome was the couple of chances at a pick I couldn't cash in on. GG.