Week 13 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Nov 25, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Alright guys, it is the Thanksgiving game week. The sooner we can get it in the better, especially since no one has a user game.

2. SodaAddict

Looks like an interesting elimination system we have coming down the wire for the National Championship.

Florida vs LSU in the SEC Championship game (#1 vs #6)
    Boston College vs Virginia Tech II in the ACC Championship game (#2 vs #4)
    Oklahoma vs Missouri in the Big 12 Championship game (#8 vs #19)

South Carolina vs Clemson in Week 14 (#3 vs #24)

The only users that do not have a user game remaining are Texas (#5), Miami (#9), Alabama (#13), and Nebraska (#14).

There's a very good chance that every non-user team in the top 14 will take a loss before the end of the season.
    #7 Michigan plays Ohio State this week.
    #10 Ohio State plays Michigan this week, Miami in week 14, and USC in week 15.
    #11 USC plays Clemson this week, UCLA in week 14, and Ohio State in week 15.
    #12 UCLA plays USC in week 14.

If that happens, then we're possibly looking at the top 8 user teams all in a row going in to the conference championships.

In my opinion, Florida, Boston College, and Virginia Tech probably control their own destinies, as I would expect that a conference championship win against Boston College would probably be enough to jump South Carolina, but perhaps not.

Anyway, here are possible National Championship possibilities (in order of my perceived likelihood of it happening):
    Florida vs Boston College
    Florida vs Virginia Tech
    Florida vs South Carolina
    Boston College vs South Carolina
    Boston College vs Texas
    Virginia Tech vs South Carolina
    Virginia Tech vs Texas
    LSU vs Boston College
    LSU vs Virginia Tech
    LSU vs South Carolina

The top 6 teams are the only ones with a real chance at this point, due to the way the scenarios would work out. No matter how you shake it, Oklahoma, Miami, Alabama, and Nebraska would be on the outside looking in.

Still, pretty cool that as of week 13, 6 teams still have a shot at the title, even though only 1 of them remains undefeated and two of them sit with two losses.

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

QB Franklin throws for 360 yards and 2 scores, while also running for 2 TDs, including a 64 yarder untouched. The defense was amazing in the red zone, as Iowa St went 0-3 inside the 20. The results were a missed FG, a fumble and INT. The only score was given up late in the 4th. The win notches the Tigers the Big 12 North and sends them to the hometown of Coach Mexi in Arlington, Tx for the Big 12 Championship game against Oklahoma. "This is huge for us" Coach Mexi said. "We have a chance to win the first Big 12 championship at Mizzou, and have a nice lil homecoming also. Not bad for a first year." The players and coaches now get to relax and enjoy a nice Thanksgiving meal before hitting the road and going to Blacksburg to face the #6 Hokies in the final regular season game.

#20 Mizzou 31 - Iowa St 6

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

It would really annoy me if again some two loss team get's in over me (if I happen to lose). The system here is completely broken.. Who would say a one loss South Carolina team is more deserving than a one loss Gator team that handled them pretty good. I don't know man, this is the 3rd year in a row i'm in this position and I had better finish the deal. This team is very young however, so get used to seeing the Orange & Blue!!

5. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Mizzou plays VT next week don't they? The perfect scenario for me is probably if Mizzou beats VT that week then VT beats BC in the conference title game. I don't deserve to play for a title (I mean, I didnt even win my division) but I'll certainly take it if its dropped in my lap.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Actually, looking at the standings, LSU, Texas, and VT all probably jump me if they win their conference title games. The BCS standings are really tight from 3-6.

7. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Texas is not going to play for the Big 12 title. Oklahoma is.

8. AJ Hart MN

I'll try to have my game in tonight guys, going out to my brother's for turkey day this afternoon but should be home around 8 or so. Hopefully I don't eat too much where I pass out right away. :D

I'll also try to get up a updated power rankings this weekend as well.

9. AJ Hart MN

Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

10. SodaAddict

Yeah.. That's how I have it. lol

11. SodaAddict

Yeah, Mizzou does play VT next week, my bad. I was just thinking about the fact that they were both playing in Conference Championship games.

But that does change things, because Mizzou could beat them and it would give Texas more opportunities to get to the National Championship game, so you can add Florida vs Texas and LSU vs Texas to the list of possible matchups.

12. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I'm glad there really is a league wide parity at the top. So much can happen and it looks as if we will have a user National Championship.

Soda, I won't be able to get in the Mizzou-VT until Sunday. I hope that doesn't hold anything up but that is the earliest I can get it in.

VT is on a bye this week after defeating in-state rival Virginia last week to move to 9-1 and the #4 spot in the rankings.

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Throw all the LSU stuff out the window. The game gave me the F-You game and I was unable to overcome it.

Angry.

14. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

What happened in your game mboda? It looks like Notre Dame missed an XP in OT to give you the win.

15. mboda

mboda Walk On

yea that wasn't one of my better games. Luckily i got outta there with the win. I couldn't stop them at all, they were passing and running all over me. Thank god for their shitty kicker missing that XP in OT.

16. AJ Hart MN

Damn I miss Chris Farley!

Yeah man, the sliders are no joke. I think that makes around 10 user losses to the CPU with several more close calls. You really have to be on top of your game to win with these. I love it though.

Looks like Bama's back in the picture. I'll hold off for a couple of days before I start giving you more bulletin board material Joe. Don't worry though, it's coming!

17. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

It isn't even the sliders to be honest. I felt like I was a completely different team this week. When Arkansas had 3 TD's where they broke no less than 5 tackles per run, it is a little bit of a joke.

The F-You game has been in NCAA for a long time and this one was no different.

Better that Alabama gets a shot at you. Kinda weird that I was going to play only 3 games and play for the SEC title and potentially the national title. Next season will be a great one for LSU.

18. SodaAddict

Yeah I am just glad we are having good games and results against the cpu with all american and everything. I am pretty happy with it this year. My only big concern is cheap plays right now, esp in user games, but there is only so much I can do about that.

Sorry for the loss huskie, but for what its worth, I've lost two cpu games this year and was undefeated in those the last two years. Everyone has had struggles like that this season.

19. AJ Hart MN

Florida @ Florida State
    Luckily the Gators would not be the fifth USER to fall victim to the Noles. This game was marred by a tremendous amount of turnovers including 3 fumbles by star Nole kick returner Greg Reid. Freshmen stud Lance West continued his late season swoon as he threw 2 more picks. Luckily for the Gators, the defense and special teams continually put them in great field position time and time again. Sometimes it's not how you win but it's that you win. The Gators will now get two weeks to get healthy and get ready for the Alabama Crimson Tide.
    In the post game news conference, coach AJ Hart was fairly kind to the Tide.. "We know they have all kinds of talent up there. We're prepared for this game to be a war. If Lance can play like he was earlier in the season and limit his turnovers, we should be ok. We think our defense can stop anyone in the land and we expect to shut down Trent (Richardson). It's all on us now, there can be no excuses. We've had a bullseye on our backs all year and we've dealt with the pressure like champions. Now it's time to go show the Gator faithful that we will not let the past two season's failures in this game rear it's ugly head again. I'm not a betting man but if I was, take the Gators plus the points ;)".
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    07:11TDFloridaTim Wright HB #12 1 yard rush
    05:33FGFlorida StateDustin Hopkins K #18 44 yard field goal
    01:40FGFloridaRandy Dorsey K #1 34 yard field goal
    00:35FGFloridaRandy Dorsey K #1 32 yard field goal
    Second Quarter
    07:10TDFloridaMike Gillislee HB #23 3 yard rush
    04:41FGFlorida StateDustin Hopkins K #18 50 yard field goal
    00:19TDFloridaJordan Reed TE #11 3 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    00:12TDFloridaJonathan Dowling FS #30 22 yard fumble
    Third Quarter
    03:32FGFlorida StateDustin Hopkins K #18 53 yard field goal
    Forth Quarter
    07:16FGFloridaRandy Dorsey K #1 31 yard field goal
    04:12TDFlorida StateLonnie Pryor FB #24 2 yard rush

20. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

@SodaAddict I hear ya. Just tough since I was up 14 with 5 minutes to go.

21. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Mine too. Check your in box ;)

22. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Since I already know the dates I'll be gone, I'll just post it in here since idk where else to put it. I'll be on vacation from December 18-28. So I'll probably miss a decent sized chunk of next year, but I just thought I should throw that out there now.

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Jeez. I didnt play and I moved down to number 5 while 2 loss Texas jumps to number 3. Looks like I need a big win vs Clemson to stay alive...

24. SodaAddict

Hey guys I have not been able to get on here the last day or two due to network problems at my house. I can get our game in tonight late if you are available ryalaman, otherwise, I can do it tomorrow evening after I get back home.

if someone hasn't already, I need someone to start a week 14 content thread for me because my access is still limited to my phone at the moment.

25. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I can get it in now if you can. Otherwise tomorrow night works fine.