Week 13: Eagles (20) Vs. Bills (10)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Jun 27, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Week 13: Eagles (20) Vs. Bills (10)

Well, the visiting Eagles lost a star today... Reggie Bush will be out for the next two weeks with a torn labrum (cheers heard from the Redskins and Jets fans... well, perhaps not the Jets fans). However, that didn't seem to matter in this week 13 non-conference match-up. This game was all about the defense. A hard-hitting affair that turned out to be a battle of field position was won by the Eagles in the final minutes. With the score 20-10 and just under 2:30 remaining, the Bills owner decided to hurry up to get a play off before the two-minute warning. Trent Edwards (controlled by the bum typing this game summary) threw a pass intended for a slanting Jaison Williams in the end zone, but instead it was thrown right into the hands of Eagles LB Will Gallagher who was in zone coverage at the goal line. I thought he was a zebra, but that was a big OOOPS on my part... ;) With only 2:08 remaining and only two timeouts, all we could to is try to stop the Eagles, score, recover an onside kick, and then score again. We were able to do the first step, but failed miserably at the second step as it wasn't as easy as it sounds... Oh, well. GG, V... GL with the rest of your season. You should take that team of yours very far!

Key stats...

Jaison Williams 2 drops
    Terrell Owens 2 drops
    Marshawn Lynch 1 drop
    Myles Mack 1 fumble (in Eagles territory, recovered by Eagles)
    Trent Edwards 1 INT (in the Red Zone at the goal line)

2. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Terrific GAME Chunkness, you was there the whole game and had me nervous, losing Bush on the first play hurt my gameplan, my offense was sketchy cus you played very good defense, if i didnt get those key turnovers when you was in the red zone this could easily be a different story, very good owner!

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Yeah, thx. I give you all the credit in this one, though. You outplayed me and definitely deserved the win. BTW, thx for not accepting the delay of game call there in the final minutes. For those who don't know, I had the play clock run out on me in the final minutes of the game and it was easily my own doing with the hot route audibles I was calling. It was a well deserved penalty, but VishaL declined to allow me the opportunity to continue trying. Very commendable of you V!

4. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

No biggie, i think they had a injury and the playclock doesnt reset fully after an injury, which was the cause of the delay