Week 13 Game Summaries, S1

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by a Robbed Lung, Aug 25, 2011.

1. a Robbed Lung

a Robbed Lung Legendary Veterans

[​IMG][​IMG]

WEEK 13, SEASON 1: UAB BLAZERS (3-8) (2-6) at FAU OWLS (4-6) (4-3)

BLAZERS END SEASON ON HIGH NOTE, OUTLASTS FAU 21-14

Coach Lung's inaugural head coaching season hasn't turned out exactly the way he would have liked, but his Blazers finished their 2011 campaign on the right foot, beating FAU 21-14. "Our guys played great today, they all played with great passion and heart, something they were missing for most of the season," said coach Lung after the game. The game started off slow, as both teams would go scoreless in the opening quarter thanks to great defensive play. Florida Atlantic eventually drew blood first, thanks to a 5 yard pass from QB David Kooi to TE Darian Williams. After a three and out by UAB, the Owls would extend their lead to 14 via a 82 yard bomb from Kooi to WR Marcus Cunningham. After a nice kickoff return by HB Pat Shed, UAB would score their first points of the game thanks to a 47 yard touchdown pass from QB Bryan Ellis to TE Jamie Onufrak. With a minute left in the 3rd quarter, the Blazers would tie the game on a 47 yard bomb from Ellis to WR Jackie Williams. After another three and out by the Owls, UAB's offense came back out on the field more confident than ever. A couple of nice completions took the Blazers to their opponents 34 yard line. Then on a nice counter run, Shed would break free and score, giving UAB their first lead of the game. FAU was not about to back down though, as they drove down the field and got to 1st and goal on the 2 yard line. After three straight runs were stuffed, FAU would throw an incomplete pass on 4th down, giving UAB the ball back and the win. Coach Lung and his UAB Blazers finish the season 4-8, 2-6 in C-USA play.

PLAYER STATS
    QB Bryan Ellis - 15/29, 232 YDS, 2 TD, INT
    HB Pat Shed - 22 ATT, 107 YDS, TD
    WR Jackie Williams - 4 REC, 79 YDS, TD
    MLB Marvin Burdette - 11 tkls [2 TFL]

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

UCF 31
    UTEP 20
    UTEP opened the game with a long 4 minute drive and scored to make it 7-0, but UCF came back with a 69 yard rush by Brynn Harvey on their 1st play to tie it up. There wasn't too much action in the 2nd half as UTEP had a 13-10 advantage but were kicking off in the 2nd half. After swapping scores with 6:00 remaining in the 4th quarter, Brynn Harvey had a huge 41 yard TD score with 3:43 remaining. UCF added another score as UTEP couldn't convert on a 4th down and intercepted a pass in UTEP's last drive. Brynn Harvey had another impressive rushing performance, scoring 3 times and running for 217 yards.​

Jeff Godfrey (QB)- 11-16 for 157 yards, 6 carries for 37 yards​
    Brynn Harvey (HB)- 18 carries for 217 yards, 3 TD​
    Latavious Murray (HB)- 6 carries for 21 yards, TD​

3. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

this whole season has been so frustrating. I still am not used to the new NCAA movements since i dont get to play enough and having terrible players isnt helping me learn
    I recorded 6 drops but it felt like a ton while Fuzzy caught almost anything thrown up, offense and defense. Graham cant throw the deep corners, i know this yet i see an open man and my mind says throw it. We actually made some plays and got into scoring position before stupid turnovers. my defense played very good except the 2 bomb TDs really. Vinny Curry is a legit beast and will be severely missed next year as he is the heart of this defense

Im just had to get through this season. If it was up to me, Graham wouldnt even be on this team but he is my best option this year since i would not allow myself to break the redshirt off future starter Eddie Sullivan. Sullivan will compete with coach favorite recruit Brandon Strong.

since i wont play in a bowl game, my season is over. very poor result.Sullivan will take over next year as a sophomore at QB, Tron will return as a starter at HB for his junior season. Dobson and Wilson will return as starters at WR for their senior season and the rest of the WR depth all returns except replaceable Troy Evans. Crawford returns at TE for his junior year as well as TE/FB Jamie Hatten returning for his senior year. The oline loses 3 starters but returns young talent to fill right in.
    The defense loses Curry but will adjust from the 4-3 scheme the old coaches recruited for into the 3-4 that the team runs which should help out. 4 of the starting 5 in the secondary have 2 or 3 years of eligibility left. As long as I can get a kicker, this team should only get better in the next few years