Week 13 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Sabo, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Week 13 Game Summaries

Its the home stretch fellas Good Luck

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Rockets Notch an Emotional Win Over the Chippewas

On a blustery cold, and snowy night in the Glass Bowl, the Toledo Rockets (8-4) earned a birth in the MAC championship game following a hard fought 28-7 win over the Central Michigan Chippewas (7-5). It was not a pretty game, as the 3-1 turnover ratio favoring CMU will stand as witness to, but there was emotion, and toughness on display on both sides of the football. For the third week in a row the Rockets controlled the trenches and the time of possession as they racked up the rushing yards and put sophomore tailback Jake Walker at 141 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns. He came on in relief of the starter Morgan Williams who suffered a strained back and will most likely be back for the MAC championship. Before his injury, Williams had posted 89 yards and a touchdown to help put the game into a 7-7 tie at half time.
    Quarterback Austin Dantin had a rough game, due to several key drops and some suffocating coverage by the Chippewas he saw his numbers drop considerably from the previous week. He was 10-19 for 229 yards, 1 td and 2 ints. However, after the game Dantin could care less about himself but instead was quick to point out the excellent performance by his offensive line and running backs who carried the team to victory.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

#17 San Diego State 10 vs. UNLV 38

"6 Turnovers" That's all Coach E had to say after the one sided battle, and disappointing loss to conference rival UNLV.

San Diego State seemed to make mistake after mistake and dig themselves into a deeper hole. Sophomore quarterback Ryan Lindley threw 4 interceptions and the Aztec special teams fumbled on 2 consecutive kickoffs.

The lone bright spot for the Aztecs was sophomore running back Walter Kazee who rushed for 195 yards on 14 carries and a TD. "I hope Walter comes back next season" Lindley said after the game. "We will return the bulk of our offense and look to come back and win a conference title next season, now our focus is whatever bowl game we are invited to play in."

Follow the Aztecs to see where they will play this bowl season.

4. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

That is a heart breaking loss man... You really have had an amazing season though.. You've gotta be pretty pumped no matter what... You'll finish top 25 regardless which is pretty damn impressive.

5. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Tough first loss. With us guys who have alot of "young" teams once they loose their composure its hard to regain it. Im sure you will still make a bowl though

6. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I'm praying I can keep Padron till his Senior year.. He's gotta be a heisman contender as a Senior I hope! :D

7. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Wow nice win UNLV

8. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Yeah the fumble situation was brutal for you. I fumbled twice on back to back plays, but recovered both and scored a TD. The following kick off you fumbled and I scored returning it. That was rough but then to cough up the next kick off too was devastating. You have talent. Your HB is a beast and one of your WRs was killing me. I seriously doubt the score will be that way next year...

9. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Nice win, D5! Brutal lost for SDSU, who had all the momentum in the world going into the game. There's always next year, OnIowa(y)

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

gotta tip my hat to d5 and UNLV. That option offense is a real challenge to stop. I can see SDSU vs UNLV being a big rivalry in seasons to come ;)

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

I might be joining you guys as it looks like Nevada and Fresno State is going to the MWC! Will this be implimented somehow? lol

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

ASU wins Sun Belt Title

[​IMG]
    Saturday was a great day in the city of Jonesboro, Arkansas as the Red Wolves toppled FIU and clinched the Sun Belt title 38-20. This game was billed as the Game of the Week by many college football analysts. It lived up to the hype with lots of highlights. FIU opened up the 1st quarter with a touchdown drive to take the lead 7-0. ASU would respond with a 64 yard run by true freshman Frankie Jackson. ASU would take the lead with 2 min left in the 2nd quarter by a fg. FIU responded with a touchdown drive to take the lead by 7 points with 17 seconds left till half. ASU responded with a 92 yard kick return to regain the 3 point lead going into the half.

After the half turnovers doomed the Golden Panthers. Fumbles, interceptions and the ground game of ASU stopped the Golden Panthers. Coach Sabo had this to say after the game "I am so proud of my guys right now. We beat a very tough FIU team. Going into the half I knew it was going to be a dog fight so i told my team its time to get it done, and they did. My hat goes off to the FIU team and coaching staff. They were a very tough opponent and turnovers killed them. And I know exactly how that feels. FIU will bounce back and im sure this will be the begining of a great rivalry. Now its time for me and my guys to celebrate for the weekend and enjoy the fruits of our hard work."

ASU improves to 10-2 for the season and 8-0 in Sun Belt Conference play. This is a record breaking year for the Red Wolves and Coach Sabo as they accomplished the first 10 win season in school history and the first out right Sun Belt Title.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

Congrats on the win man. You got one hell of a running game.

14. Tiger171

Tiger171 ONE FULL SEASON WITH NO TF's!! VICTORYYYY!!

Week 13: Ohio @ Kent State

The Bobcats had no problem Saturday as they disposed of conference foe Kent State Golden Falshes 49-0. Both sides of the ball were dominate and hope to bring that same swagger into the MAC Title game against the Toledo Rockets, who are bringing their own 6-game winning streak into the contest.

[​IMG]