week 13: Giants (23) Redskins (20)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by saintsdave75, Oct 19, 2010.

1. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    The Giants squeaked by to win their 8th game of the season and hold onto their shaky lead in the NFC East. The game started off with a 97 yard Phillip Buchanon kickoff return for a TD to put the Redskins up 7-0. the Giants would answer back after a long drive on a 4 yard TD pass from Eli Manning to Steve Smith. After forcing a Redskin punt on the next drive, the Giants bad luck would continue as Dante Hall would take a Manning interception 50 yards to put the Redskins up 14-7. Jason Hanson would add a pair of field goals to close out the half with the Redskins on top 14-13.

Graham Gano would add 2 more field goals in the second half to put them up 20-14 in the 4th quarter. The Giants would drive the field again and score with a 1 yard Ahmad Bradshaw TD run with 3:23 left to tie the score 20-20.

The Redskins would be forced to punt with around 2 minutes left, and the Giants would connect on key passes, including one to Kevin Boss to put them on the 19 yard line with less than 1 minute left. After a few Brandon Jacobs runs to set up a shorter field goal, Hanson would connect on the game winning 24 yarder with 1 second left to give New York the win.

Hats off to Coach KO for a great game, which wasn't decided until the final seconds. Next week the Giants travel to Minnesota to face the Vikings to continue their quest to make the playoffs.
  2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Oct 8, 2009
    dang, gj saintsdave

KO, keep your head up, another last minute defeat but the season is near an end and we both will do lots of damage with a fresh start.
  3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Sep 14, 2010
    What hes not saying is how little offense I was able to generate. I think my 1st grader could easily add the numbers together.... on his fingers.....