Week 13: Jets (48) Patriots (35)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Matt54987, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Jets take out Beast of the East, 48-35
    [​IMG]
    Revis and the Jets' D put on a clinic
    New England -- It wasn't easy; it wasn't pretty, but a win is a win and THIS is why Coach Davis came to the New York Jets.
    "Being the defensive coach that I am, I came here to show the OMFL that defense can win you games. And what better place to do it than in New York," said Coach Davis, now 3-0 as the Jet head coach.
    The Jets and Patriots both put on a defensive show in the first quarter as neither offense could muster any drive ending in points resulting in a 0-0 score at the end of one.
    Laurence Maroney would break the tie with a touchdown run at the 7 minute mark. The lead would hold true until a 3rd and 1 where the Jets fooled the Pats with a quick pass to Shonn Greene who made people miss to tie the game up at 7.
    The Patriots would have none of it as they drove down the field to take a 14-7 lead on a 1-yard run by Maroney, his second of the game. The Jets, who had trouble finding any rhythm in the first half, were lucky when Sanchez snuck a 16-yard TD pass to Cotchery between multiple Patriot defenders.
    "He was open and I knew I could get it to him. It was a little closer than I would like, but hey, it was a touchdown," Sanchez said after the game.
    The 3rd quarter shall be renamed the "Jets' quarter." The Jets scored 31 points in the 3rd quarter to New England's 14. Two Shonn Greene runs, a 71 yard punt return by Woodhead, and a 50-yard interception return for a TD by Darrelle Revis were the highlights of the quarter as Jets took a commanding 45-28 lead into the 4th quarter.
    The score would remain 45-28 until Nick Folk hit a 24-yard field goal to put the Jets up 48-28 and seemingly push the game out of reach.
    Not so fast my friend.
    For the second time in the game, Taylor Price returned a kickoff for a touchdown to keep New England in the game at 48-35. However, a late Brady pass would be intercepted late in the game by David Harris to all but end it as Sanchez ran the clock out.
    Some key stats:
    Tom Brady: 14 of 37 for 202 yards with 1 TD and 3 INTs; 31.6 rating
    Mark Sanchez: 17 of 21 for 181 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT
    Tomlinson: 17 rushes for 93 yards
    Greene: 13 rushes for 91 yards and 2 TDs
    Maroney: 7 rushes for 34 yards and 2 TDs
    David Harris: 2 INTs
    Darrelle Revis: 1 INT, 1TD
    On the injury front, Santonio Holmes will miss 3 weeks with a broken jaw.
    Aaron Hernandez will miss 3 weeks with a broken thumb.
    GG Gaddy​
    26-yard rush by Shonn Greene:​
    71-yard punt return TD by Woodhead:​
    Revis 50-yard INT return for TD:​
    21-yard pass from Sanchez to Greene:​
    16-yard TD pass from Sanchez to Cocthery:​

2. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

This will surely be a possible first round matchup back in New England and Brady will be ready. When Hernandez (The X-Factor) went out the Pats offense stalled a lot. Didn't really know how key he was till he went down as his job is to keep the LB's busy while the receivers do work underneath. There were several times where Brady had tons of time but nobody was open and he would either run or throw it away. GG Matt cya in the playoffs.

3. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Hernandez is a stud. I had nothing for him. I also could not blitz you as you found the open guy every time. I'm glad my guys made big plays when they had to but it's back to the drawing board!

4. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

let me into the playoffs both of you plz