Week 13: Panthers edge out Bucs in a low scoring game

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ncsu12ddr, Oct 10, 2013.

1. ncsu12ddr

ncsu12ddr Walk On

Jeremy

The Panthers have won their 9th game of the season as they beat the Bucs in Charlotte 20 - 10. It was a low scoring game as the score at half time was 7 - 3 Panthers, but the Bucs were able to score the first points of the game. Cam Newton had a costly interception in the end zone at the end of the half from the 1 yard line, but other than that he was clean on the day. Former NC State QB (1 of 3 State QBs starting in the NFL right now), Mike Glennon, did not seem to be on the same page as his WRs at least for a few plays during the game. One in particular it looked like the receiver just stopped on his route and Luke Kuechly picked the ball off easily for his third interception of the game. Neither team really seemed to be able to get the running game going, and DeAngelo Williams had the fumble bug as he fumbled twice while losing one. Steve Smith found the endzone on a great pass across the middle from Cam Newton and led all receivers in yards with 83. The Panthers pass rush was able to get to Glennon 3 times tonight, though he felt much more pressure than that. The Bucs were able to come up with a TD right at the end of the game, but a failed onside kick ended the game.

Game Ball: Luke Kuechly with 3 INTs and 2 TFLs

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

ncsu12ddr

Good game ncsu.. I was definitely outplayed in all 3 phases. And I also abandoned the run too early. I need to ride Martin deep into games.

This Bucs team has some nice young talent and I am excited about how they will progress. Gl the rest ofvthe way

• Like Like x 3